Forum

Gunboats banned??? Good flying never killed anyone!

Created 8th February 2010 @ 04:33

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

Danger Ranger

MAD

Damn, there goes 100 hours learning how to use something new, I should remember next time I try to try something new ETF2l will shoot me in the foot, a week before season 7 starts!

We know Gunboats are sub par, yet we ban them… all makes sense. I mean who is going to be bothered? – I am.

*sniff*… they said I’d never be able to fly again… *sniff*

So I take it, they are banned because they are only craft-able/drop-able, and affect the game. So not everyone has them, and this is unfair?

Would have been nice to have known a bit earlier, preferably before I started mastering this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZSak_2gq0w

Hell, good flying never killed anyone! :D

Last edited by Danger Ranger,

reggin

FoF

They’re not banned..?

Danger Ranger

MAD

Unfortunately they are:

http://etf2l.org/about/rules/

Grounded till further notice… :(

reggin

FoF

what.

m00n

If you want ETF2L to unban them, you’ll have to make sure Valve agrees on that everyone are able to get them through achievements or some other form of accomplishment. There are a bunch of soldiers that still doesn’t have Gunboats, due to the ‘whack-a-doodle’-dropsystem.

So, send a mail to Valve / Robin Walker, and get them to put an achievement for the gunboats, such as, “Do 1500 rocket-jumps” or whatever..

David

Im confused, how do you master the gunboats when you can rocketjump without them…?

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Pffft…. what’s next, banning hats?

Danger Ranger

MAD

I did send an email to Robin, but I’m pretty sure it will just end up in the worlds biggest spam folder.

You can rocket jump without gunboats, the difference is that quad jump will cost you around 200hp rather then 40hp. :D

Wlkr

?
¤_¤

Well i was playing against a guy that had them on granary the other day who got to mid as fast as their demo. Niether of our sollies had them so he was jumping on our crate right away and killing our demo etc. So it probably offers an advantage in some situations. Winning middle shouldnt depend on a drop rate imo ;) +1 ban. Go on someone troll/flame me im bored in ICT xD

Ino

dp.
dp.

Ofc they should be banned as long as you can only get them by a random drop!

Fucking shit, I want them too!!!

Randdalf

(0v0)

You can get them easily enough by crafting, which I’ve said many times before.

Buff Banner + Class Token = Soldier Token
Secondary Slot + Soldier Token = Gunboats

You’re guaranteed a pair if you use a Buff Banner in the crafting process.

Personally, I don’t really see the reason why they are banned, the unlocks are not intended to, and for all intents and purposes don’t, give an advantage to one team. I can understand why they are banned, but surely if both teams have a pair they should be allowed.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Quoted from Randdalf

You can get them easily enough by crafting, which I’ve said many times before.

Buff Banner + Class Token = Soldier Token
Secondary Slot + Soldier Token = Gunboats

You’re guaranteed a pair if you use a Buff Banner in the crafting process.

Personally, I don’t really see the reason why they are banned, the unlocks are not intended to, and for all intents and purposes don’t, give an advantage to one team. I can understand why they are banned, but surely if both teams have a pair they should be allowed.

Wrong, I tried this twice, guess what I got? 2 Buff Banners…

ups

Quoted from Randdalf

I can understand why they are banned, but surely if both teams have a pair they should be allowed.

this.

Last edited by ups,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from Ino

[…]

Did you do it before or after Valve made it so weapons included in the crafting wouldn’t be created by the crafting?

AnroliF

Quoted from Ino

[…]

I tried tree times and i got 3 BB too :D

But i get one pair of boots from a random drops right after.

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »