Forum

EU vs. USA

Created 1st February 2010 @ 19:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

alfa

What an original idea…NOT

blorg

It’d be nice to see, so stop being dickheads. Albeit though man, it’s been thought of before quite a few times. I don’t really follow the NA scene, so I can’t give a prediction but it would be a lovely game to see!

seraph

rEJ

Spoiler: whoever is on the same continent as the server wins.

FunKi

sisu

Quoted from seraph

Spoiler: whoever is on the same continent as the server wins.

LAN’S!

Last edited by FunKi,

Jones

A decent UK server would cater best. Finnish players would get between 60-90 pings. East Coast NA would get between 70 and 120. This is quite playable really. It’s an obvious idea but I don’t know why it hasn’t happened yet. If well planned, a match like this could see 1500+ specs, which would generate interest from sponsors at a very crucial period in this games development.

I’m sure people at the top of this game would be willing to sacrifice 30-70 more ping to help promote this game to the next level :?

It’s a far more cost effective way of promoting this game than an inter-continental LAN that’s fo damn show.

Last edited by Jones,

iQue

keso

If we can get TF2 to actually get some decent exposure at the next Dreamhack… who knows what teams might be able to come. :D

Jones

Please, first things first. EU v NA at LAN isn’t going to be cost effective at this moment in time. We are about to recover from a big recession. There will be more money pumped into e-sports (relative to the last 3 years) in general (this includes TF2) in the near future. Showing investors the potential of this game as a spectator e-sport in a cost effective manner is crucial at this stage.

ESH one night cups
ETF2L
6 vs 9 Pro v Public
Lan Finals

All these will attract spectators and increase the awareness of this game. My bet is that none of them individually could generate even 2/3’s as many specs as a well organised EU v NA game.

Last edited by Jones,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from dauk

where’s that guy who sailed with dingy to the middle of atlantic to host a server , we need him again.

I’m still here, waiting :<

Defur

and then later on

Pub Highlander Team – EU vs US

Sebb

IsF

Quoted from Bash

OH SHIT I WONDER WHY NOBODY EVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE

word

Largos^

PRO

Here’s a nice middle ground.
http://www.geographicguide.net/europe/portugal/pictures/azores-map.jpg

SEE YOU AT LAN!!!!

Randdalf

(0v0)

It’d be cool if ETF2L did an invite-only competition with Div 1 teams and ESEA Invite US teams, or alternatively, top 4 teams from each. An 8 team Premier Division would get tons of specs.

That said, it’s not just ping that’s the issue, it’s time zones.

Ash

cc//
cc//

Check out the community fortress coverage of the NA Alienware bigfoot challenge with blight and complexity. In the final part they interview Pure and he said that if EU lans have a larger prize pot then complexity would come :P Namely looking at a lan like Dreamhack

Last edited by Ash,

Morty

RG

Quoted from Randdalf

It’d be cool if ETF2L did an invite-only competition with Div 1 teams and ESEA Invite US teams, or alternatively, top 4 teams from each. An 8 team Premier Division would get tons of specs.

That said, it’s not just ping that’s the issue, it’s time zones.

That actually would be awesome. The pings issues could be solved with a football match style, home and away matches. Then again, the time zones :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2