Forum

FEEDBACK FOR GORGE:

Created 12th January 2010 @ 10:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

wpminnows

[PG]

i haven’t played it properly yet, but more maps that make different class lineups effective sounds nice

i like how it looks though, it’s gorge-ous

n00ne

Just played it , and really liked it. And in that very pcw – in one round we used all 9 classes , and they were all very useful in this map. A nice change from granlands and turdpit.

@to those who say it’s shit and give no reason why: NO U!

Mark

Phase

Just had another game on it, went great as expected. Great fun playing engineer and pyro in 6v6.

Abunai

Played my second PCW on the map today, it’s alot of fun (that is why we play video games, right?)
First point seems fine, second could use a slight bit of tweaking so it isn’t as easy to rape as sniper, but overall the map is a great addition to the pool.

rEJ sent some demos to JimmyBreeze so hopefully that’ll be useful n stuff.

hoppi

TIDS

no fun at all tbh. i like the different gameplay style. but as already mentioned the respawns arent that good so its to easy/hard to attack/defend the points. actually other classes are used but if the map doesnt make fun then who cares about the different classes.

Dekamano

scenic

no fun at all tbh. i like the different gameplay style. but as already mentioned the respawns arent that good so its to easy/hard to attack/defend the points. actually other classes are used but if the map doesnt make fun then who cares about the different classes.

use engineer when you attack/defend?

Just played another one on it.

Defensive setup:
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Sniper
– Engineer

Offensive setup:
– Soldier
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Spy/Sniper

Great stuff. Switching around classes, less Über-centric gameplay. Gonna be my fav map!

iQue

keso

Well made map that really plays nicely, from what I’ve seen so far. To be honest we rolled our opponents but they had more than enough time to set up a proper defense when they were pushed back. Heavys are very viable, and other classes as well like snipers and pyros.

Forwards spawns for both teams (for red at point 1 and blu at point 2) seems like a nice idea as long as they aren’t exaggerated.

Last edited by iQue,

Brutallus

Agree with my german freund here ;< Although with a little bit more experience of this map under our belt, we could turn it into a more enjoyable game. Not one of my favourite maps :(.

Insanity

X(

Defensive setup:
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Sniper
– Engineer

Offensive setup:
– Soldier
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Spy/Sniper

Great stuff. Switching around classes, less Über-centric gameplay. Gonna be my fav map!

yeah and then we just walked on your point and capped it :DDD

Snyyppis

RLM

I don’t even have fun playing this map on publics. Sure it would probably do fine diversifying the traditional 6v6 but I’d rather have the likes of follower or fastlane (yes, I do like that map).

What makes it not fun for me is the oddly placed control points and long distances. If this map was made into a 3-cp format with forward spawns, I might actually like it.

Defensive setup:
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Sniper
– Engineer

Offensive setup:
– Soldier
– Soldier
– Demo
– Heavy
– Medic
– Spy/Sniper

yeah and then we just walked on your point and capped it :DDD

And we did you in with 5 minutes left :DDD

ALSO about the long times: we had that again kNoB (:D), 11 minute defense and cap in 6. Next match against a mix, time to beat was 3:07 and then they had to beat 2:59. It can go both ways.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Just played it in a semi-serious pcw and had fun, so I like the map so far.
Had we not been able to establish a foothold after 1 fail attack and 1 fail defense I’d probably be here saying that I think it sucks, etc.

Just trying to make the point that giving feedback on the map may be premature at this point. It’s very different in many aspects, gotta play it more to even begin forming an opinion, at least I do.

M24_

adding forward respawns would probably improve the map greatly, also, make the 2nd point for open.

atreides

IMO this map has large potential assuming Valve changes some (many?) details:

Forward spawn
Improving defense of first cappoint
Decreasing defense of second cappoint
I liked the idea of windows to observe the defense, maybe enhance this aspect

In contrast to “urgent” weapon adjustments, it’s already playable and fun.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »