.wldcrd!

i have 15mb upload

Still can’t play on euro servers though :(

Brutallus

Gratz nvc :)

Skyride

DUCS

fibre to the cabinet?

curb, i.e. it comes to your street, the last mile (metaphorically speaking) is copper so to you its the same as virgin with cable. Allows 100mbit+ internet connections. So gay, I remember like 3 years ago being good friends with a few people in Australia who were in awe at me getting 8mbit internet!!?? :O

We’ve just stood still and their governments thrown vast sums of money at it. Shows how crap ours is tbh.

Last edited by Skyride,

Jonni

[FB]

ziggy for president!

Grem

rEJ
TG

Nicely done nvc.
Now that tf2 has a solid streaming site once again, how about recruiting more casters (not just for div1/2 games that is), and start streaming more games. I know everyone loves watching dig v yoyotech, but if you were get some casters from say div2/3, you could raise the profile of the game a bit more. Pick important lower div games and cast them. Could be an interesting experiment.

David

Nicely done nvc.
Now that tf2 has a solid streaming site once again, how about recruiting more casters (not just for div1/2 games that is), and start streaming more games. I know everyone loves watching dig v yoyotech, but if you were get some casters from say div2/3, you could raise the profile of the game a bit more. Pick important lower div games and cast them. Could be an interesting experiment.

I was looking into some casting software a while ago and noticed i could not do it without money, so i would be happy to help cast some lower div matches!

EDIT:
Now thinking about it, it would be tough to cast a lower division match without pointint the flaws in some of the teams plans, i dont think that would make good entertainment!

Last edited by David,

Klevah

i have 15mb upload

Still can’t play on euro servers though :(

im not aussie lol. im swedish. i have city fiber connection or something like that
also i dont use any router. direct port,

nvc

Nicely done nvc.

The main issue is having the video broadcasters available to stream the games for the casters. People with over 1mb upload are welcome to contact me if they are interested and we can talk. I personally do not have the time to cover alot of games, as i right now also have to bring quake live coverage (and this isn’t currently my full time job obviously) – however i would never outright deny a lower division team to a stream, it can always be discussed.

However, we’d then also need to ensure we have the division 1 level casters to bring the coverage we have vowed for in our mission statement, that is.. commentary that is well informed and respected by the community through experience. Which has been easy for the upper level games as players like pure, oggy, seagull, wicked etc. have been motivated to cover the games we have done so far. It’s something i have wanted to do as i have felt it’s often missed in other broadcasting teams.

The concept of streaming lower level games is ofcourse something i’d love to do, but right now we don’t have the man power to guarantee anything like that regularly.

So i’ll conclude by hopefully cleaning all of that up by saying “division 1” level casters should not be taken as just that alone. When i say division 1… it’s division 1 in my eyes based on the way people carry themselves on stream with their knowledge and presense, NOT for example, on the ETF2L league tables.

Interested people can contact me through irc: #lvl^ , or steam: nVc7

Last edited by nvc,

nvc

EDIT:
Now thinking about it, it would be tough to cast a lower division match without pointint the flaws in some of the teams plans, i dont think that would make good entertainment!

That makes the best coverage, which ofcourse is provided that the advice or feedback given is accurate enough as to not aggrovate the audience, It has to be as beleivable to them as it is to you.

However, it’s always nice to have a partner, one who calls play by play, and the other who details the strats.

But to be quite honest, even in the highest level quake games, i find myself slating the pros for little mistakes, it makes things fun :)

Last edited by nvc,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

on another note, if there are any people with over 1mb upload and would like to help in increasing our tf2 coverage, you can find me in #lvl^

the setup is rather easy and you need nothing more than a computer :)

100mbit, but usually ~30mbit (shared line). What do you need the bandwith for? Would it involve me doing anything other than running some software?

Last edited by Koeitje,

void

iNh

Congrats! Your broadcasts are really enjoyable.

i have 15mb upload

15 milli bit / s is not that much ;)

Klevah

nvc i can stream for you if you like, just tell me what to do.

Koetjie for downloading ofc :p aND watching movies, on voddler e.g

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4