Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 59 Next »

Randdalf

(0v0)

The Equalizer is definately not overpowered, whilst it may seem that at first getting kill streaks with it, those kill streaks are no different than the ones you’d get normally, and you lose the element of surprise after a while.

The Buff Banner could add a whole new strategy to the game, and hence is cool.

TDH is annoying to play against, and Valve need to fix it giving mini-crits for people who are just bunny hopping (figuratively) about. Otherwise, I think all the soldiers weapons are pretty solid.

kaidus

WiK?

The Equalizer is definately not overpowered, whilst it may seem that at first getting kill streaks with it, those kill streaks are no different than the ones you’d get normally, and you lose the element of surprise after a while.

So you’re saying that prior to the update, you could come up behind a full health team with 1 hp as a soldier going at the speed of a scout and lay them all down before they know what’s happened?

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

pickaxe: + speed and + dmg when low
– dmg when in good health

it a clear must equip and maybe a bit op
but I couldnt test it myself
got all milestones for soldier and didnt got my equilizer :/

Randdalf

(0v0)

So you’re saying that prior to the update, you could come up behind a full health team with 1 hp as a soldier going at the speed of a scout and lay them all down before they know what’s happened?

No, I’m saying that when it happens once, teams will be on the look out for it, and it won’t happen as often.

seraph

rEJ

s/soldier/demoman and you’ve got yourself a realistic situation.

Assault Marine Sigh

wait what ?
Demomen can 1 hit kill people still with stickies, yes it needs to be precise and is harder to be that precise, so are you saying stickies need nerfing too ?

stickyes won’t follow me @ impossible speed.

no but they will do the damage to you at any distance.

iQue

keso

Kill streaks with equalizer? If you can notice a scout coming up behind you it should be even easier to notice and kill a low hp soldier.

Or you don’t notice scouts behind you. :]

Last edited by iQue,

xzr

the new rocket launcher is just fucking hilarious, 1 shots a medic from mid range on a direct shot? gg

also it’s easy as fuck to hit stuff in the air with it, dunno why it’s rewarded with minicrits.

p.s. the damage reduction on targe is fucking annoying on pubs lolz

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

the new rocket launcher is just fucking hilarious, 1 shots a medic from mid range on a direct shot? gg

also it’s easy as fuck to hit stuff in the air with it, dunno why it’s rewarded with minicrits.

p.s. the damage reduction on targe is fucking annoying on pubs lolz

Just played a PCW against a demo who used sword + shield. Granted i t wasn’t a very serious PCW. Anyway, that demo was pretty annoying to kill. He didn’t do much damage himself either though. :)

Brutallus

Also played some PCW’s to test out the new weapons (mainly shield and sword + The Direct Hit):
The Direct Hit: Considering it pretty OP, able to 1shot medics and scouts from mid range like Xzar said. Overall I think TDH is better/easier to play with than the normal rocket launcher. I think it’s best to use in an agressive playstyle.
Sword and Shield: You have a big disadvantage when going to middle, not able to sticky-jump makes the demoman really slow. I think when you use the shield and sword properly it would give you a big advantage, but more of a defensive-medic-protecting role?

ontopic : NERF the Direct Hit (remove minicrit-air-rewards), don’t touch the shield and sword because it might be interesting when used properly.

Last edited by Brutallus,

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

the buff banner is funny

Sclampf

i just dislike the direct hit at the moment

NOTICE!

AT THE MOMENT, TDH IS BUGGY! IT DOES +50% DMG INSTEAD OF 25%! SO PLEASE DONT FLAME IT YET!

suni

[j]\\\'

After few games my 2cents:

New soldier weapon is ok, it does need few tweaks :)

It should not be able to instagib scouts and the minicrit should be removed or atleast tweak it so that when you jump yourself, you wont get hit with the crit.

Its not too hard to dodge the missiles with medic because the blast radius is so small.

Last edited by suni,

TopGear

tH

After playing with the new weapons for a few hours I thought I would share my findings/opinions on this topic.

Firstly any weapon that can kill another class in 1 shot (non critical) is over powered imo, unless its point blank in your face or is a sniping weapon. So now i have that off my chest heres my 2 pence worth.

The Direct Hit

Pros

Speed is nice and the splash damage penalty encourages better aim.

Cons

Way to easy to airshot people, lowers the skill required for airshots.
mini crits are buggy as mentioned for jumping or being on the edge of something. Should be reworked to not mini crits on people jumping to dodge.
1 hit to kill a medic/scout is bad. 1 hit + shotty should be a minimum. i.e < 124 hp dmg

The Equalizer

Why would anyone ever want to equip the spade again? This is basically an anti demoman charge counter weapon but has a nice side effect that it allows the soldier to move like hes on speed. Should be useful in 6v6 play to advance or retreat quickly. Only problem I see with it is that again it does way to much damage. you can 1 hit kill a full hp medic. Needs a damage nerf

The Buff Banner

Pros

Will encourange players to not only kill an enemy medic but also soldiers using this unlock. Could provide some interesting tactical plays.

Cons

Limits the soldiers damage to only 4 rockets, and makes him more vulnerable target

The gunboats

Not got these yet :x

Demo Unlocks

The chargin targe

nice instant speed boost, allows the demo to take massive amounts of fire from rockets. I survived 2 direct crit rockets with this thing on dont see a problem with this.

The Eyelander

This thing turns the demo into a tank, I managed to get 14 heads earlier and the speed boost is great. If you can keep your demo alive that is. not sure how useful it would be in 6v6 play. getting 1 kill with it more or less makes up for the -25hp penalty. basically a fun weapon more for public play. Seems underpowered if anything, especailly when you are at full charge you would expect 1 hit kills with something this big!

scottish resistance

Nice weapon with 1 major problem. you cant sticky jump unless you do it backwards! Should rework it to allow you to det 1 sticky without you having to look at it. Also you need some skill to det your sticky traps. No more blind dets for kills

gryzor

funny: people still thinking it has to be 2so2sc1d1m

not funny: people actually whining about weapons that will change this fact that was a basic concept 18 months ago and think it “has” to be the same way today.

get a fucking clue.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 59 Next »