Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 59 Next »

Min:Dfreak

only thing wrong is the mini-crits at extremely low height, mini-crits should only kick in at say 10 foot. other than that i dont see the problem at all, its not like we can just randomly fire at the ground to damage with it.

+1
also i am for TDH limit 1
the axed isnt overpowered i think . yeah you are pretty fast with low hp but you cant be healed from medic ;)

atreides

It’s one question: One rocket enough for one scout i.e. dealing 125+ damage or not.

Most know the answers, soldiers don’t want to hear it.

Puppets

the thing is, is it alright if a single rocket should be able to do around 200 dmg because thats whats it at a close range midair

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Nothing should one-hit anything, its unbalanced and stupid. I agree the weapon needs a small nerf to remove this, along with minicrits at ridiculously small heights, but please god don’t call it an OP weapon overall simply because soldiers are finally able to do comparable damage to demomen and scouts.

Assault Marine Sigh

Nothing should one-hit anything, its unbalanced and stupid. I agree the weapon needs a small nerf to remove this, along with minicrits at ridiculously small heights, but please god don’t call it an OP weapon overall simply because soldiers are finally able to do comparable damage to demomen and scouts.

wait what ?
Demomen can 1 hit kill people still with stickies, yes it needs to be precise and is harder to be that precise, so are you saying stickies need nerfing too ?

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

wait what ?
Demomen can 1 hit kill people still with stickies, yes it needs to be precise and is harder to be that precise, so are you saying stickies need nerfing too ?

I said what? I said nothing should 1hit anything, even that one precise sticky which is ridiculously hard to land. Yes, nerf them.

(I actually didn’t realise a sticky could still one-hit, but meh, it shouldn’t.)

Last edited by howdeh,

Memento Mori

The weapon is broken. It does +50% damage instead of +25%.

It’s probably fine.

Assault Marine Sigh

wait what ?

I said what? I said nothing should 1hit anything, even that one precise sticky which is ridiculously hard to land. Yes, nerf them.

(I actually didn’t realise a sticky could still one-hit, but meh, it shouldn’t.)

Directly Underneath: 103-171 from tf2 wiki, however this is closer to about 140 I believe once randomisation is removed.

bunfi

wait what ?

stickyes won’t follow me @ impossible speed.

KOVACS

Give air minicrits to normal RL instead of TDH and all is good, so long as they don’t still register even if a guy is just jumping in midair or bounced 3ft off the ground when you hit him.

Using TDH has been really enjoyable for me so far but I’ve only tried it on 32 man publics. Mid-Long range kills where you string together 2 or 3 direct hits in a row are quite rewarding.

I think its important that players test it thouroughly in matches/mixes/pickups before deeming it overpowered or imbalanced. Certainly on 32 man pubs its easy enough to score a 5:1 up to 10:1 kpd with TDH but we all know how predictable and stupid pub players movement and positioning are and scores like 200-30 have always been easily possible as demoman on publics. It’s not a good measure of how the weapon will fare in a competitive environment vs better players.

Keep in mind that if these updates make soldier a stronger class, even significantly stronger, it does NOT necessarily mean automatically that the updates are imbalanced or overpowered. The main problem with the FAN is that the onus is almost entirely on the FAN user to make a mistake in many combat situations leaving little or no room for the opponent to control the outcome of the fights. So long as this doesn’t apply to TDH it should be kept imo.

Mainly this will relate to close range scout vs soldier fights. I think it’s safe to say that demo class has more than enough versatility to work around and deal with TDH soldiers but for scouts its still completely up in the air for debate. If scouts can still take advantage of opportunities and don’t get religiously owned by TDH soldiers then I see no reason to remove this weapon from competitive play.

Last edited by KOVACS,

wpminnows

[PG]

Nothing should one-hit anything, its unbalanced and stupid.

what about snipers

tragett

Nothing should one-hit anything, its unbalanced and stupid.

what about snipers

and spies

m00n

Banner will be very interesting to see in competitive, although like others have said, getting the rage is fairly simple.

Last edited by m00n,

wpminnows

[PG]

Having the pocket soldier wielding TDH makes it impossible for any scout to get close to literally anyone standing within 10-15 yards, with 80% faster rockets, doing atleast ~125 damage on a rocket will make it so simple.

Time to start playing competitive with a spy & pyro, or double pyro perhaps?

i would’ve thought with the tiny splash it’d be harder for the pocket soldier to kill scouts jumping around him

hunger

wait what ?

wait what ban snipa rifle

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 59 Next »