Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 59 Next »

xtala

well the pickaxe HAS_ to go. with 1 hp a soli is faster than a scout and can 1 hit a demo.
the direct hit isnt that good. most ppl suck with it as it seems.

No and no.
Still slightly slower than a scout and as Racio said, 165 damage.
And tbh, if you fail to kill a 1 hp solly before he melee’s you, you don’t deserve to survive that fight.

Last edited by xtala,

kaidus

WiK?

well the pickaxe HAS_ to go. with 1 hp a soli is faster than a scout and can 1 hit a demo.
the direct hit isnt that good. most ppl suck with it as it seems.

And tbh, if you fail to kill a 1 hp solly before he melee’s you, you don’t deserve to survive that fight.

This is such a pathetic argument. He’s going practically at scout speed with a weapon substantially more lethal than the scouts. How many times a game does a scout sneak up on a medic/demo/soldier and deal lethal damage before he’s even been spotted? This coupled with the fact the soldier can rocket jump onto an opponent etc etc etc.

Nerf the damage tbh. If it’s so “useless” it won’t make any difference anyway right?

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

While it does seem people agree on the potency of a lot of the soldier unlocks atm, I see zero reason for banning the RJ boots? I think they’re great, and can allow the soldier to equip them for various surprise attacks, for instance on middle, and not nearly powerful enough to warrant a ban.

Equalizer and TDH both need nerf, and more drawbacks to give them a more defined purpose.

Bugle is interesting, but its current incarnation is poor for 6v6.

muffe

fleisch!
RHS

Maybe because they are powerfull and random?

AnimaL

hahahah i havnt red anything from previous pages but made me lol when u say “yada yada needs nerf”…… like it will ever happen…lol

DominiX

sP.

Boots only absorb damage from a ground jump, not a wall jump and it replaces shotty, why should they be banned ffs? o_0

About Buff Banner. You push in with uber, if enemy does that aswell you fight, maybe loose something, you use buff banner and charge them on no uber then, fight won. But how about Jarate then? It gives the same fucking thing and you don’t QQ about that! Oh, right, no one is using that… Maybe The Buff Banner won’t be used aswell!? This is simply ridiculous thread and +1 what Animal said.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Boots only absorb damage from a ground jump, not a wall jump and it replaces shotty, why should they be banned ffs? o_0

About Buff Banner. You push in with uber, if enemy does that aswell you fight, maybe loose something, you use buff banner and charge them on no uber then, fight won. But how about Jarate then? It gives the same fucking thing and you don’t QQ about that! Oh, right, no one is using that… Maybe The Buff Banner won’t be used aswell!? This is simply ridiculous thread and +1 what Animal said.

Jarate and bugle is a ridiculous comparison.

Totally agree with it, this thread is useless.

Only thing that should change is the stupid minikritz from tdh when jumping from the ground.

bpf

rockit

the boots are just not fair cause u only get them trough random drops, so even if they are shit its not fair that not everyone can use them

and about your banner and jarate comparison:

first of all u cant really compare a main class like the soldier, of which every team will always use at least one all the time, with a backup class like the sniper

then to get a similar effekt to the buff banner, the sniper would need the get really near to the enemy team to hit a lot of people with jarate (and thats not what a sniper is supposed to do) and even if he does, he will always only hit max 2 or 3 opponents

Last edited by bpf,

GeaR

Epsilon

the boots are just not fair cause u only get them trough random drops, so even if they are shit its not fair that not everyone can use them

You can also craft them.

DominiX

sP.

The same as soldier before he eventually dies.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

The same as soldier before he eventually dies.

If you just argued that the sacrifice a team has to make in terms of bugle vs. jarate is the same, as well as the benefits being exactly the same, I’ll have a very hard time taking any of your future posts remotely seriously.

bpf

rockit

You can also craft them.

ye to craft them you need only:

3 weapons of a kind or a primary, secondary and meele weapon of one class (scrap metal)
+
4 secondary weapons (slot token)
+
4 soldier unlocks (class token)

and then u have a 50:50 chance of getting the boots

do i need to tell you more?

Last edited by bpf,

Rude-

Playing scout and getting instagibbed is no fun, soldiers are arguing that they have to “direct hit” to do that, but at close / mid range it’s not a big deal …

I mean sniper was meant to be the instagib class, 1 class is enough …

ambra

Playing scout and getting instagibbed is no fun, soldiers are arguing that they have to “direct hit” to do that, but at close / mid range it’s not a big deal …

I mean sniper was meant to be the instagib class, 1 class is enough …

I dont think its intended to be fun
It’s probably an invitation to play another class or with a different approach

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 59 Next »