Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 59 Next »

banner is just a new form of gameplay, makes the game far more interesting. Would be big loss to the game to ban it.

kaidus

WiK?

No, shitfly, it really isn’t. The buff banner brings an inherent advantage to any team who uses it against one that doesn’t. In organised play, losing a shotgun is barely noticeable when you get minicrits, the duration of which is MORE than enough to whipe out an entire team before you even use your 4 rockets and would normally pull out shotgun. It was obviously designed for pubs where a player would use it at the drop of a hat regardless of what his team was doing, and would probably spend 50% of it’s active period hunting for an enemy to kill.

If it’s left in, it is an ESSENTIAL component of any teams strategy. The only effective means of countering it is simply falling back, but it’s not like the uber where you gain an advantage if they waste their charge. If you don’t have a minicrit charge with which to then push back on them, you’ve just lost a whole lot of ground through an unavoidable circumstance.

Ban it for the love of god. Unlocks should be a sidegrade, by which I mean something that is inter-changable with the regular weapon that provides an equally or less viable alternative. NOT something that HAS to be used.

Last edited by kaidus,

atreides

KOVACS, read all my posts, and you’ll see, my points were exactly the same you summarized some pages later. No instagib, less falloff damage (range).

Mark

Phase

Bugle is the most fun you can have in this game but it does feel overpowered if your team is well coordinated.. maybe some sort of health reduction when its in use or something.

kolox

obs.

ban banner, ban boots, DH limit 1.

who’s going to run 2 DHs? medic will have barely any protection from scouts unless your soldiers are both class-A shots

edit: bugle is the best thing to happen to public tf2 so far. one person with a banner can actually convince the team to push due to the minicrits so it means you can co-ordinate on publics (inorite!?!?)

Last edited by kolox,

Ched

.tony

I think the banner is seriously powerful when used right. I’ve found that spamming a choke builds the banner up rediculously quickly aswell. I think however, that it is very powerful. However, the soldier really does have a major disadvantage when pushing, for example, granary last. It is a big change to what we are used to but, isn’t that the whole point of updates?

But yes, at the moment, it is hilariously OP. I’d like a toned down version, perhaps then it wouldn’t feel so cheap when utilizing it.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I like the idea of the banner opening up some new gameplay options but I’m not sure “more damage” was the right direction to go.

We already have kritzkrieg to increase damage dealt and ubercharge to reduce damage received…

Some alternate buff might have been more interesting, perhaps increased fire rate, reload rate or even movement speed (like in a real bugle charge!).

The graphical effect is terribad too, looks like their work experience kid did it :P

muffe

fleisch!
RHS

ban banner, ban boots, ban DH.

With the damage boost if you fall down or jump the DH is just too powerfull imo.
I played a few pcw’s against it now, and I think it should be banned.

Sketch

MM

speed or increased rate of fire would be awesome! scatter that fired at just under the speed of the pistol :D and the whole teams war cries should be really high pitched like its being fast-forwarded!

also i don’t think any weapon is overpowered after playing all night using them in 6v6. all i think is dh should have to mini-crit when opponents are a particular height from the ground only because i walked off the top of the obscure bridge onto the snow at one of the ends and was critted. Thats not an airshot. its like walking down a step!

Last edited by Sketch,

edit: bugle is the best thing to happen to public tf2 so far. one person with a banner can actually convince the team to push due to the minicrits so it means you can co-ordinate on publics (inorite!?!?)

Truth. Beats whining at your team by miles.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

bunfi

an idea – TDH v2

+80% projectile speed
– 40% damage (or lot of testing for the best nerf percent)
0% blast radius change
crits on REAL airshot (toss up the target with a shot AND then airshot)

Judgement?

p.s. don’t hate & flame for it too much pls.

atreides

With your suggestion, it’s all about juggling (horribly easy now), then airshotting (same ease). Not balanced at all.

I really don’t get it, why people still think that instagibbing at close range is balanced in any form with a nearly-hitscan weapon, I tested it as well, it’s quite easy to kill numerous targets. Please stop your cheap talk about your pretended preference what you’re using later, you simply don’t know it.

It’s not about introducing new weapon limits (replying to subsequent post) or obstructing new good (IMO needed) game mechanics (buff banner), but both need some weakening to keep classfights scout-soldier-demoman at eyelevel up, slight (you see this Fluffy lolcat) advantages for scout against demo, and soldier against scout (assuming no ambush).

Last edited by atreides,

mark

k0

The Direct Hit –> Limit 1 (Only crits for real airshot)
The Equalizer –> Allowed
The Buff Banner –> Banned
Boots –> Banned

2easy :)

Last edited by mark,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

The Direct Hit –> Limit 1 (Only crits for real airshot)
The Equalizer –> Allowed
The Buff Banner –> Banned
Boots –> Banned

2easy :)

Don’t think boots need to be banned, maybe limit to 1. They aren’t that much of an advantage considering you lose your shotty.

And have the buff banner the same as sandman, banned by default but OK to use one if both teams agree.

jagbama

бекон

A melee doesn’t do fire damage, nor blast damage. Think about it.

No U, you’re thinking about the shield not the sword lol…

Truth. Beats whining at your team by miles.

+1 :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 59 Next »