Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 59 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

Max damage of the pickaxe is 162 so I doubt you can oneshot a demo

Last edited by RaCio,

Ched

.tony

Wait until the mini-crits are removed and let it become another FAN, generally a balanced weapon but not one that made the game better.

Also I have no idea where people got the idea that public players liked the mini-crits. I’m pretty sure from my experiences they hate them.

Arnold

DAKKA

lmao with 1 hp he moves faster than a scout so it should be banned…
HE HAS 1 HP for the love of god…

Ched

.tony

lmao with 1 hp he moves faster than a scout so it should be banned…
HE HAS 1 HP for the love of god…

We have discovered the 10th class.

Basically, you say it’s fine that the soldier is as powerful as he is, because to compensate for that scouts now have to wait for someone else to take their attention, come in greater number or be “ingenious.” This is not balance. If scout was to be immensely powerful against the soldier, I could not justify that by saying “now soldier will have to think a bit, and maybe work together to take him out!”

Apparently I phrased badly, I’ll attempt to rectify; Until now scouts could pull off incredibly stupid stuff, and get away after having eaten 1 rocket. With the TDH they can not afford to do so, it’s either a suicide mission or a failed attempt at one unless they have backing by the rest of their team/a second scout. I don’t see the problem with this. Scouts may still succeed by running in one at a time and trying to gank the medic, but if they are caught red-handed, their chance of retreat is ~0 (that of course was the case before as well unless the soldier/s choked, but even more so now). Taking out the enemy medic is a huge advantage, there should be huge risk involved.

I’m not saying the soldier should be a hard counter, and he isn’t. There still are enough factors involved giving the scout(s) a fighting chance, the biggest ones being undetected approach and agility. As I said, I won’t be using it unless on pubs so personally I don’t care if they nerf the damage on it, but then there’d be no reason whatsoever to use it over the normal RL. Imo.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Randdalf

(0v0)

Not true. [Link]
Don’t care about the damage myself- it’s nice but the speed is where it’s at.

That’s a server with random damage spread on though.

GeaR

Epsilon

Imo the speed isn’t a problem, but the damage is.

jagbama

бекон

Max damage of the pickaxe is 162 so I doubt you can oneshot a demo

Unless the demo has that f’ing sword and the attendant hp reduction… 175hp>150hp so 1-shots from Pickaxes are real :-(

Last edited by jagbama,

GeaR

Epsilon

A melee doesn’t do fire damage, nor blast damage. Think about it.

Adiemus

We tried the buff banner in a pcw tonight and found out that it is completely overpowered. I think it is the first weapon to be banned unless it will be nerfed.

Also, random air-crits from TDH (due to jumping etc.) were very annoying in the pcw.

As a result, we decided not to use these weapons in the 2nd map. They are just making the game very random with their current form.

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

We tried the buff banner in a pcw tonight and found out that it is completely overpowered. I think it is the first weapon to be banned unless it will be nerfed.

Also, random air-crits from TDH (due to jumping etc.) were very annoying in the pcw.

As a result, we decided not to use these weapons in the 2nd map. They are just making the game very random with their current form.

Buff banner is just obscene for pushing last on lets say granary. Two soldiers plus the demo spamming with no fall off makes it so easy to kill the other team. It’s annoying not having a shotgun, but it isn’t really the end of the world, 14 seconds of minicrits which you can use to push instead of an uber is pretty useful.

And getting oneshot by the TDH when you fall off something or when you’re on the ground is just stupid. Atleast both of these weapons speed up the match, you dont need an uber to push with the banner now which is quite nice.

kimsku

soldier is so op. soldierlimit 1 thx

blind

popkõrns

word

.____________.

+1

Dorkan

FB

ban banner, ban boots, DH limit 1.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 59 Next »