Forum

Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 24 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Automatic elimination-based map-picking system maybe? Like in tournaments.

Don’t think would be popular TBH.

One thing that would be nice is Map of the week, basically each week there’s a map which you get bonus points for playing – maybe +25% points on your victory if you play this map. Would be a good way to introduce new maps IMO.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

not sure why you think 1-3 maps are a good idea, its a bit strange to me
why not simply 2 maps, every team choose their map? its too easy?

elo ftw

JimmyB

FNR!

If there are 300+ teams in the ladder, I would like to see some kind of an instant challenger like the ESL has. Lets say, you open the IC every day from 19:00-24:00. During that time, teams can sign up and they get assigned to other teams that fit their division (+1 and -1) or their rating. I know thats probably a tuff mechanic that needs more ressources than just wordpress, but that would be really cool!

Cuz, you know, we would like to replace the ladder with our “daily” IRC-pcw and that would be way easier than contacting a team every time.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

elo ftw

I’m sure most will pick 2 maps, but its nice to have the option for a 3rd no?

ST8

If there are 300+ teams in the ladder, I would like to see some kind of an instant challenger like the ESL has. Lets say, you open the IC every day from 19:00-24:00. During that time, teams can sign up and they get assigned to other teams that fit their division (+1 and -1) or their rating. I know thats probably a tuff mechanic that needs more ressources than just wordpress, but that would be really cool!

Cuz, you know, we would like to replace the ladder with our “daily” IRC-pcw and that would be way easier than contacting a team every time.

I totally agree, this is what we want the ladder to be, a way to get your PCWs into the ETF2L system as easily as possible. Racio suggested something like this, i’m looking into it. Probably require some work on the irc bot.

ELO system is up, we’ll see how that goes :)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

elo ftw

I’m sure most will pick 2 maps, but its nice to have the option for a 3rd no?

but then the challenge should be flexible,
so that we can challenge a team for 2 maps
and because both were close and nice rounds,
we do a third (if both want, have time)
but this third map is also getting into the calc for the ladder,
even we challenged the team only for 2 maps

Ijantis

maybe give teams in higher divisions more points when they first sign up?
div 1 could start with 1500 div 2 with 1300 etc

or you could even make percentiles for the divisions so when they join they get points according to the 10th percentile 20th etc

GangsterAlgot

One thing I thought of is in the “Todays matches” tab on the front page. I don’t think the ladder challanges should be highest up since the idea of them is that they are of lesser importance than the season or cup matches. If they are on top people will think that they are the high profile matches.

I think they should either be at the bottom of the tab or maybe get their own tab.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Am I missing something or is there no way to set match time when you challenge a team?

ST8

You’re right Klu, you current have to schedule through the calendar separately. Ill look at merging those together so it adds it to the calendar if its accepted!

GangsterAlgot: ill remove them from the front page soon as i have a chance

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

You’re right Klu, you current have to schedule through the calendar separately. Ill look at merging those together so it adds it to the calendar if its accepted!

No need to remove them IMO, just place them beneath league matches.

GangsterAlgot

No need to remove them IMO, just place them beneath league matches.

As klu said, I think it’s great they are there but they don’t need to be the first thing you see when you go to the site, that’s all.

Waster

Really good idea, the ladder system. Its just like playing a pcw, but results are saved and showed in a ladder. Great to see progress and to remain active between seasons.

The rules are the normal season 6 6v6 rules and yes we’ll want things like screenshots :)

You can challenge a team whenever you want, there is no penalty for rejecting a challenge. Although we may add one for top the 5 teams. Its obviously a good idea to talk to the team you want to play before challenging them to agree maps etc, but you can blind challenge if you like.

Dont know if thats a good idea. If topteams get challenged by the bottom teams, they are wasting their time. Maybe no team can decline a challenge from the first 10 teams below him.

What’s the fastest way to get an opponent for tonight? Just #tf.wars? Well, if someone sees this, my div 5 team is highly willing to play tonight. :)

And what do you think about making separate ladder teams aside from the league system? I’d like that – playing officials with friends other than clannies.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Dont know if thats a good idea. If topteams get challenged by the bottom teams, they are wasting their time. Maybe no team can decline a challenge from the first 10 teams below him.

Something like this is a great idea. It will stop teams at similar levels in the ladder, rejecting challenges from a team just below them, thus preventing that team from having the chance to go above them if they win.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 24 Next »