Forum

Ladder Feedback

Created 19th October 2009 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

What’s the fastest way to get an opponent for tonight? Just #tf.wars? Well, if someone sees this, my div 5 team is highly willing to play tonight. :)

And what do you think about making separate ladder teams aside from the league system? I’d like that – playing officials with friends other than clannies.

we may be interested, pop into #monkeygamers :)

GangsterAlgot

A thing that I think would be great is that you challenge a team without choosing the maps, and then choosing the maps when the other team has accepted or just adding the maps you played when you submit the results.

I take it that there will be more than 100 places?

Squide

keso

I wish you could see which teamleader is online on the site so you could get a match really quick if you want too..

that would be awesome

– SquideARN

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

sounds a lot like the esl ladders ;)
which are good imo ( http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season4/rules/#rule_30 )

anyway, someone asked for penalty points,
which has advantages but also dis-
important imo is,
that you should not get minor/ major warnings for rejecting a challenge
so that the ladder can not influence the season with losing points

but ofc, if a team does violating a rule (like FaNlimit, Ringer, no Demo etc) this could be punished with major/ minor warnings

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

One thing I’d like is an open challenge feature, where you know you’ve a free slot for a pcw – you post it up with your time, maps etc and other clans can browse through the opens and accept them. Also have a point range so you can select only to play teams with points from X to Y.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

I just noticed 2 matches (4-1 and 6-0) have already been played, but both winning teams received the same amount of points. Isn’t this a bit unfair? Is it supposed to be like this y/n?
Imo, a team who wins 2 maps should get more points than a team who won 1 map and drew 1

ST8

At the moment it uses the overall score, im thinking it might be better to use each map result individually though

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

At the moment it uses the overall score, im thinking it might be better to use each map result individually though

It should based on points, we just won 6-1 and 2-0 yet we only get a ladder improvement of a 2-0 win as such.

ST8

You get points for a win at the moment, cap difference plays no part what so ever

F2

Danmark

I think the point system should reflect that a 5-0 win is not the same as a 3-2 win.

Skyride

DUCS

You get points for a win at the moment, cap difference plays no part what so ever

pts = 50 + ((1-10)/20 * 50) = 27.5, team 10 wins 50 + ((10-1)/20 * 50) = 72.5

What about this:

pts = 50 + (((1-10)/20 * 50)*sin((Team 1 Score – Team 2 Score)*18))

Complicated to explain like that, but if you like it ST8 I could easy whip up a little PHP function to show it in action?

Is the score difference in radians or degrees?

Skyride

DUCS

Is the score difference in radians or degrees?

Degrees obvi, :P

The reason I used something non-linear was so that teams would get credit for close wins, although re-thinking, maybe doing it in reverse might be a better idea.

Edit: Actually ye, thats a stupid idea, heres a revised version:

pts = 50 + (((1-10)/20 * 50)*(sin((Team 1 Score – Team 2 Score)*18 + 180)+1))

That will mean that a team getting a 5-1 will get alot more points than a team 5-4. Sorry theres no simple way to explain that but it should work. PFM feel free to work any of your uni optimisation magic on that if you can be bothered but at nearly 1am i just cbf.

Squide

keso

The “time generator” is buggy..
when i scheduele for 20:00 it says 21:00 and when i write 21:00 its 22:00… whats up?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 Next »