Forum

CET - CEST - ETC

Created 29th August 2008 @ 21:11

Locked Pages: 1

RedCore

I thought it would maybe be a good idea to have something like a clock installed on the page, displaying realtime-CET so that people can see what time it is now, and how there local time differs ^^

At least i find it annoying myself to cross-check everytime…

F2

Danmark

I agree this is a good idea.
In the mean time you can see the time they use here on klokken.dk in the line that says Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris.

Waebi

‹Con›

In winter:
GMT+1 = CET

In summer:
GMT +1 = BST (British Summer Time)
GMT +2 = CE*S*T

amirite? Because the last match was at 7pm GMT, but the bot said it started at 8pm CEST for us. Fails a bit.

as we are the Europe tf2 league it doesnt really matter because in europe summer time goes on and off for almost all the continent. So saying CEST is basically the same as saying CET because, though CEST for this period is the exact and correct denomination, the timing calculus (apart from the time zone shift) in europe is not affected ALSO by the summer time.
Anyway i usually use this site that automatically counts the summer/winter timing of both the original and the destination time zones during conversion.
I fyou put up a clock in this site, please put up one similar to ther site i linked, i mean one already considering also summer/winter times.

veehell

-cavalier-

I usually reffer to this site http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com
i mean exactly this page:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/central-european-time/

but small clock on this site (somewhere) will be appreciated :D,

RedCore

seems like the admins dont think its a good idea.. even if i belive that the work to include a clock on the page is minimal

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

now now, let’s not jump to conclusions :)
We’ve wanted to include a clock of some sorts on the site for some time now, just never got around to it.
But as always, we can’t deny the wishes of the community, so expect to see the very CET (Central-ETF2L-Time, cause that’s what it means, i don’t know who associated it with Central European Time :P) Clock on a website near you very soon.

RedCore

thank you very much for your reply

btw: is there a central etf2l summer time too?

ST8

Done, as far as most people are concerned CET = CEST, hence it doesnt change name. Clock is visible on the front page and calendar.

Light

amg

Looks like there is some bug in realization. In IE6 I can’t see any news now. Only header, date and then current time constantly adding to content: 16:17:33 CET16:17:34 CET16:17:35 CET16:17:36 CET16:17:37 CET16:17:38 CET…..
In firefox all is ok.

Ino

dp.
dp.

I don’t see any clock? Removed because of IE problems?

ST8

Tuesday 02 September 17:00:29 CEST

on the front page and calendar?

Locked Pages: 1