Forum

Server config complaint - tv_transmitall 0

Created 11th July 2008 @ 15:55

Locked Pages: 1

ydor

[eLD]

I think the topic says all.

I get asked all the time during matches to change the setting so specs don’t get the perspective changed every 5 seconds because it’s annoying as hell.

As the source-tv runs with 90 seconds delay anyway, and it would surprise me like crazy if both teams wouldn’t know the opponents tactics by then, not to mention the fact that with auto-director you also get shown both teams, I don’t see any reason why this setting has to be in the config.

As almost no games are played where an official league representative is av to do the directing of the source-tv, it’s just plainly annoying.

After talking to league admins I’d like to officially request a vote about this setting to get it changed to 1. I doubt there are any servers out there with too little bandwidth to transmit all data.

Thanks and I’m interested in other opinions, whether they back mine or not :)

H-Man

I Agree.

Vlijm

UbeR |

< agrees

agron

Relic

agree

autodirector makes the match unwatchable imho :)

Haunter

i came with that subject a month ago or something in admin priv, i think im free to say that u can use tv_transmitall “1” or “0”

even without checking i can tell most of the teams are already using a different value than league cfg :D

NeoN

boys

Anyway, presetting it to “1” leaves no choice for teams, that have low bandwidth.
And why not to remove it from config file atall?

H-Man

If bandwidth is a problem, don’t offer sourceTV at all (maybe 1 slot and autorecord for a demo?)

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

tv_transmitall has been set to 1 almost 1 month ago.

See http://daykiller.de/etf2l.cfg :

// ETF2L Official League Config – has to be used for every ETF2L game!
// Update (15.06.): tv_transmitall “0” changed to “1”

ydor

[eLD]

The config for download on the HP and in the rules states it differently, you should change it then:

http://etf2l.org/files/etf2l.cfg

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Thanks I see there is a wrong link at “Server.6”, anyway the link of “General.4” has been correct, other link is updated now.

Locked Pages: 1