Forum

New Teams for Season 3

Created 8th July 2008 @ 19:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Mumm.lu

I just am wondering how the ETF2L will handle the newly registered teams for Season 3. We played some of those teams which are really highskilled(like Carebears).

How will those teams be integrated in the Divisions ? I don’t think that those teams should start in the Div5, else the lower skilled teams will grew tired of the league.

toString

Ub.

Should be forced to play a map against one of the top three clans in each div until a suitable match is found :P

xtala

Dunno how many new teams there are,
but if there aren’t too many of them, I wouldn’t see a problem with them starting in Div5.
The 4 first teams make it to div4 so it wouldn’t be a huge difference if 1 higher skilled team was in there with the other teams

On the other hand, if there are enough new teams perhaps a few extra divs could be added (like 3d for example)

ydor

[eLD]

I think it’s difficult.

On the one hand, the division rankings are supposed to be built not only on season results but on skill mostly.

So I was told that the gaps in Division 1 and 2 are to be filled with new strong teams.

But I also think that this would be unfair against old teams that play in lower divisions than their current strength would indicate, like clones-inc who win against div 2 clans but just advanced to div 4.
If they would fold and reform with a new name, they would be ranked in div 2 I guess. As it is they are supposed to play a full season in div 4, at least I understood it like that.

To have new teams that are good enough to play div 1 work their way up from div 5 to div 1 would be bad though too, as it would be a full year wasted time and no top clan would be willing to do that, rather they would sign up with other leagues.

So I guess the tables of last season can only be a rough indicator for the strength of each team and where to put them.

Mumm.lu

Push !!

Any news here ?

I totally agree with ydor btw :P

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

We cant really say much until we look at who we have signed up. Clans will be ranked based on where we think they are capable of playing so it would be a good idea now to be playing teams as highly ranked as you can to show where you can play as we need to avoid just going on opinion.
The teams that have qualified to go up will definately go up.

Smoke

-LaB-

hello,

as we will be a new clan and this will be our first league what way will you decide, i assmue we will just start in the bottom league? the problem being that we havnt recorded the results of tfwars scrims. i could hazard a guess at afew clans we have lost to tho

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

If we know nothing whatsoever about a team, it will indeed be very likely that you will start somewhere at the bottom. If you think you’re better than that, i guess you should start keeping a log of your results on some webpage.

That goes for all teams really, it makes the job of putting teams in divisions a lot easier. If we know nothing about teams we cant do more than just place them at random, which might turn out good, but then again might not.

dAyKiLLeR

(Legend)
farm!
it's a farm

Beside that we please all new joining teams to set their correct skill level on teams’ profile.

Smoke

-LaB-

after having cQr beat us (very convincingly)…… i think low- might be best…..!

veehell

-cavalier-

We are happy to join any division ;), high skilled teams might help us to learn more about tactics. Every CW we loose is good for us. Also there are other “league” sites, so ESL award list of particular clan might help to correct initial decision where to place the new teams on very beginning.

As well, a lot of e-sport are having some sort of pre-round, so why not let clans to “warm-up” in division to be ready and eliminate hardcore clans from newly created ones. I think (even if i am new here) that admins will listen the teamleaders same way as on ESL/ED/CB to provide best environment for cups :)
—-
cheers

Mumm.lu

I think that the Cup Results may also give a clue about the team skill.

I am afraid that the skill level which has to be put in by the teamleader will result in the same problem as in IRC : Low teams say that they are Mid and Mid teams say that they are Low :P.

There are 5 skill levels, so I think that :

1 -> Low
2 -> Low +
3 -> Mid
4 -> Mid +
5 -> High.

So I put my team on 3… I am really looking forward to the next season !!!!

Add A Reply Pages: 1