ETF2L Nations Cup

Created 11th June 2008 @ 11:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Riemu

element //

So…

Nations Cup by ETF2L.

Points that bother me:

1. ESL has a Nationscup planned for 3 month now, which is 90% ready – pretty nasty move from ETF2L to try to squeeze their own in here.

2. USA + Canada? Jesus christ, can we please just start with a “EURO CUP” before the “WORLD CUP”? Good thing i dont play in a National Team, cause dealing with US + Canadian teams in ESL EMS is hard enough, since they can only play Sunday 20+ CET (mostly Sunday 22+ CET)

3. 2 Month of Nationscup – are you serious? In this time now? PCGamer Qualification is coming up in July, CGS Qualification starts in August and CDC5 preparation starts mid August. Besides that, 3 or 4 leagues are about to start now, all with events over the summer.

That looks to me like the sloppiest move ever made by the ETF2L, trying to squeeze in a Nationscup before the ESL does (Note: ESL is doing a 8 Teams Cup over 2 Week, which is much better regarding the summer events).

If you are so destined to do a Nationscup, please do it Oktober/November/December, where no LAN Competitions or other heavy duties are about to start.

I, and Cadred, will not support this nonsense

an angry Riemu

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

This move was made from talking to various nations teams, who were disappointed with ESL’s lack of communication or any action at all, leaving alot of teams going inactive. ETF2L hasnt just thrown this up on a whim, and has been thinking about it for time as well, but have waited to see if ESL would do anything……which you didnt.

Its nice to see you wont abuse your position at Cadred for your own advantages Riemu! Being affiliated with ESL and not ETF2L so only agreeing to back the ESL cup. Makes me feel so good that those trying to help the TF2 community and spread the word of TF2 competitive is done so on an unbiased level where everything is supported regardless of personal feelings!

Why dont you let us worry about running it ;) 2 months is to give time to fit the games in. Personally, I can say that even now that the ETF2L season has finished, if I were in a nations team and had to play a load of games within 2 weeks then I wouldnt be particularly happy about it as that is way little time.

Falling Away

Surely you’re not the only one who posts on cadred regarding TF2 news?

Or is it the fact you’re something along the lines of the “head” poster or is it just because you’re literally a fucking idiot that you’re going to refrain from letting any of the rest post on cadred about it?

ESL always has and always will be a piss poor substitute for any other league, unless its a german only league you want. Then fortunately they are probably the best.

Riemu

element //

Just cut that Cadred part, that was impulsive and not well thought. Anyway, as Head of the Cadred TF2 section i can very well decide which event we are covering, and which we are not.

Anyway, making a nationscup in the most important 2 month in this summer is just stupid, sorry.

Riemu

element //

Damn, posted to fast – again.

The ESL will make their 8 Teams Nations Cup – and Cadred is going to support that.

Its a logical choice every team will have to make – and its the only one.

Dont blame me for taking sides please, i am neither pro ESL nor contra ETF2L, im just trying to do whats best for the competitive side of this game.

And the move by ETF2L just isnt the right one. Im sorry.

appe

Maybe it’s time to get your feet back on the ground Riemu. The TF2 community doesn’t revolve around you and your interests. Here’s yet another try from you to manipulate the community to follow your needs. (see Demoman limit thread)

You bring up the ESL Nations Cup. Which cup now? No official information at all, everything done behind closed doors just like usual. Don’t drag ETF2L down for striving forward and actually doing something.

Why not americans? Should this be yet another elitist issue? I’m sure if they sign up they will also agree to play on european friendly times.

However, I agree that the timing of this cup is quite bad. There’s lots of other leagues and qualifications taking place within the coming months.

Won’t even comment on the cadred part, it’s too silly :)

/ appe

Riemu

element //

No appe, I am very well aware that the TF2 community doesnt evolve around me.

The ESL is giving out information when you ask them – they just dont want to release “official unfinished” information, which every professional league wont.

You dont seem to get my point. I am all supportive for a NationsCup, in fact I was one of the first to push that idea further in TF2. I would have supported the ETF2L NationsCup right from the start, no matter what the ESL would have done, with a better thought timing.

It is just not wise to play a 2 month event in the 2 most important month for teams in this year. Dont give me the crap about “Its only 10 games”, yeah – and what about all the planning and training before and during that? No one is attending a NationsCup without large preparations.

All I am saying is – the timing is completly messed up, and it will do no good at all. Most of the best players wont even be able to compete in it (i.e. the current Team Finland), and till I see the full shedule of that cup, no one of my players is competing in it either. Combine that with the rules “players must come from 3 different teams, no more then 3 players / team) and think about, what good will a nationscup do without the very best players a Nation has to offer? You cant have a “Excello Team Sweden”. You can only have 3 players from Excello – who should field the rest of the 3 players? Oh, nevermind, there are tons of swedish top teams around – that shouldnt be much of a problem.

Why am I against North American competition in this cup? It cant be the fear that I will lose, since im not participating in it in the first place. It´s the fact, that dealing with NA teams in order to find a suitable playdate is fucking hard and the only real day they can play on “our terms” is Sunday. You cant have all games on Sunday tho, especially with EMS still running (+ a new EMS starting this summer), + the other Events about to start (f.e. the Team Excello cup you are hosting appe).

The fact I want to point out is – the ESL idea of 8 teams cup for 2 weeks in the summer is the right thing to do, you can make your Nationscup in Fall if you want to, and I would be all in favour for that.

It´s not about elitistm or whatever bullshit you want to throw at me, its about thinking for once about all the other things going on right now and how it will affect the top teams. Team Fortress 2 is not a nische game anymore that will only be seen and played by its own community in front of their own screen.

That is the last post I am going to make in this thread, so dont even bother flaming me in the followup.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Or…on the other hand, maybe seeing how active TF2 is along with LANs and various other online competitions, people will be more attracted to it and it will show them that TF2 really isnt dead! ;)

It should be your players choice whether they feel they can fit playing for a nations team into their schedule alongside 4k. Not the other way around. Your not the only team that will deal with this.

Riemu we’re not asking for your support, but at least do an unbiased job as a news poster rather than fitting cadred around your personal agenda. You said yourself that your not playing in either. Predict it to fail and say ‘told you so’ if it does. We’re not claiming to be the best at tournaments or anything, but what we are doing is working hard and actually taking action to offer a wide range of playing opportunity for players to enjoy TF2 be it a national pride thing, a fun bball thing, or a competitive league. The one thing you cannot accuse ETF2L of is being all talk and no action. We’re making sure things happen at least, with alot of choice for teams and are not leaving them high and dry to go inactive and fall apart now that the season has ended.

If any players or teams have concerns about the cup, then they are welcome to bring them to us privately and we can take them into consideration. Starting an arguementative thread helps nothing and just makes you look worse.

Im going to leave this thread open in the hope that people can be serious about this. However if it goes down the road of more flaming then it will be closed.

appe

I already agreed on the timing and wrote a solution to the american issue, so no need to bring it up again?

And don’t take this as flaming, but in relation to what you’ve written in these quotes below; Do you actually read what you’ve written before you hit reply?

“I am very well aware that the TF2 community doesnt evolve around me.”

“and till I see the full shedule of that cup, no one of my players is competing in it either.”
“It cant be the fear that I will lose, since im not participating in it in the first place.”
“you can make your Nationscup in Fall if you want to, and I would be all in favour for that.”

Wlv

RaWr ::

Just cut that Cadred part, that was impulsive and not well thought. Anyway, as Head of the Cadred TF2 section i can very well decide which event we are covering, and which we are not.

Anyway, making a nationscup in the most important 2 month in this summer is just stupid, sorry.

Just LOL Riemu, denying cadred.org access to one of the “biggest” online tf2 comps going, for personal reasons, not “professional” ones would be a joke. Infact if goodeh saw this I wouldn’t be suprised if he told you to get bent :P

Perhaps you can now beg me to moderate your post… :P

Wlv

RaWr ::

“and till I see the full shedule of that cup, no one of my players is competing in it either.”

Isn’t TeoK in charge of France? for the ESL comp? hmmmm :P

bybzii

broder

Hi all.

I’m all in favor for a nationscup. But if it happens, I want it to be something big. With all the best players from each country, practising together and then finally show who’s the best country to play this game.

But with all the events coming up this summer… I can’t see it happening. For me 4K will always come first, and I believe alot of others feel the same about their clans. So what will then happen to the national teams? It surely wont hold the best players of each country, and then It’d just be meaningless.

So to sum it up; I like the idea of the nationalcup, but the timing is just too bad.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

If we waited until another time where there isnt much on we’d be waiting for an era. Between i34, CDC5, PCGamer, and cgs your looking at october or later before thats over with before any other lans have been announced. On top of that by then you will probably have ETF2L League, Multiplay league, ESL’s cups/tournaments, Enemy Down, and then chuck into the mix that at the end of september a load of players and teams will be lost to Warhammer Online, similar to what AoC did recently.

This is being done over 2 months to give it time guys. Your looking at having to play just 3 group stage games in a month, and to be fair we are also generally pretty helpful and understanding in when the games are to be played by. We know there is other stuff on guys and there always will be, and we can allow for that fact as well as it being summer. The ETF2L admin team is pretty active and helpful so you guys know your going to get a good amount of support in playing this.

And I do say again, we do also welcome all feedback in private as well as posting here.

pischto

MTF!
MTF

Hi,

I am from Luxembourg. As you may know Luxembourg has two Team Fortress 2 Clans. MTF and BSD. But recently BSD wanted to stop playing Team Fortress 2. The few members left joined the .#mtf.BSD Squad. So there is only one Luxembourgish Clan left. But can we still sign-up for the Cup ?

shifty

Sir

I was in favor of pushing it to winter, as my post stated in the admin section.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »