Forum

Swindle in 2b

Created 5th June 2008 @ 21:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1

LooR

$myT1nk

A league should be decided through the played wars/games and not through the wars that weren’t played.

Animate dropped at the start of the second Season, then they where allowed to rejoin in midseason and only had to give one of their Games away as a defwin.

When they rejoined, they won every Match or almost every Match with one draw. But in the end they had to give away their final 2 cw’s as defwins yet again. But they weren’t folded even if all the former Players are in other Teams or inactive.

This results in a glaring missmatch in the end result table, I know that the Admins can’t really force a Team to play their Wars but letting a clan miss 1/3 of their Matches is at least questionable…

At the very least Animate has shown that they’re unwilling to play a full season, i don’t know if it was because of Member trouble or whatever. Every Team has some trouble during a season and they try to play trough that, Animate just folded twice…

In the End all i’m saying is if a Team foldes then it shouldn’t count into the end result of a league.

Wlv

RaWr ::

The usual process when a team folds in ETF2L drops, is to remove them from the league and any points gained when playing them (infact it removes the history of any game with them in that season).

will pass this through to the admin boards and we’ll find a resolution :)

Riemu

element //

LooR posts about 1 sentence on public IRC per year.

So, something must have really upset him to write such a long comment! And I totally agree with him – so sort it out ;)

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Take no mind of where Animate dropped. They dropped only for a few days and were back before that particular game week was finished. Defaulting wasnt due to being dropped or disbanded at the time, as they still had time left in that gaming week to play the game on the sunday or even a little later like alot of the Div1 clans have done in not playing every game in the right game week. They defaulted not as a prerequisite to getting back in, but because they couldnt get a team together.

If you look at the rules page, go to the Season Format section and check rule 6. Teams with more than three default losses will be expelled from the league for the running season.

Anim have not told us to drop them nor of any interntion to drop before the season finishes. I personally spoke to Abomination during this week and he said “Anim will close after the season closes”.
Yes some members have joined other sides. However they do still have at least 6 players that have not registered for another side in ETF2L(Epothon, Exoronic, Litmus, Oggy, Reptile, Shintaz – I searched the ETF2L player database just to make sure).
No Anim member has asked us to drop them from the league. And they have not exceeded the number of default losses to be forceably removed from the league. As far as ETF2L was aware, Anim had intended on playing their last 2 games. Whether they changed their minds and didnt want to play, or couldnt get those 6 together is another issue but the fact remains that they did not break any rules. If there was another week and they defaulted that too, then they would be dropped for breaking the rules.

These are the reasons for Anim still being present in the table. Yes they do effect the standings and do effect who will go down or not. But this will also be taken into consideration when we put together the tables for season 3 and look at who is capable of being at div2 level.

I’d just like to close this with; if we dropped every team that we knew would fold once the season finishes, or that had members leave/struggled to get their chosen 6 then we would be without alot of clans that are there right now that also struggle by just to see the season out. Thats not a dig, its just the point that we know of other clans in the same situation as Anim that are just seeing the season out then calling it a day. But they want to see it out rather than quit, for whatever reasons.

Haunter

the intention in anim was to play all the games till the end of the season

if u think that anim playing all games, except 3, would be unfair, what can u say about for example, team “I AM” in div 2b, which got a totaly new rooster, stronger imo, so they play half of the season losing games with one rooster, and other half they rename and get a stronger rooster, wouldnt that be unfair for the other teams?

alot of teams folded, dunno whats upseting u, at this point i also think, anim should be removed, same for the scores, even tho, it will not change the tables

Moose

[MIPC]

Can I get a new and stronger rooster as well? The old one is seemingly getting tired and the chickens have started to complain.

trams

-><-

Hmm, maybe you need a big cock instead? ;)

Deadeye

$myT1nk

Hehe funny but back to Topic.
So the Table wouldn’t change with Animate dropping?
Well let’s take a look at the 3 defwins that occured:
TFPortal.de wouldn’t be in 2nd Place but 4th Place and wouldn’t go up next Season.
Plan-B would be in 7th place ( now 6th)
I am would be in 8th place (now 7th)
and last but not least
S@W would be in 6th place (now 8th and thus normaly would be relegated to Div3)

Not much changing just 2 relegation places would revert but hey no hard feeling eh? :)

Haunter

thats exactly where u are failing, when i said nothing will change if anim drop, im not wrong, theorectly u are right deadeye, BUT… with all the drops on div1, prolly 3 teams from each div will be promoted, and nobody will be demoted from div2… so, u dont need to cry about it

Add A Reply Pages: 1