Forum

nation cup?

Created 8th June 2013 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

Johnny

Quoted from Leif

[…]
I was going to write about this but I forgot.
You cant really compare footbal with TF2, come on.
TF2 is a fun game where you play for the fun it is but obviously you still want to win.
Football is a sport where there are millions of money involved so sponsor wouldnt pay if their team cant compete at the best they can and possibly win.

Don’t forget some players of some countries get double nationality just to be able to play for that country. Look at Germany, for what I remember the initial XI have only 2 german

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Johnny

[…]

Don’t forget some players of some countries get double nationality just to be able to play for that country. Look at Germany, for what I remember the initial XI have only 2 german

There’s only Khedira with a double nationality afaik. And Podolski and Klose were born in Poland. Everyone else was born in Germany without having any double nationalities, despite having parents from from other countries than Germany. And even if you would count those it’s probably less than 50%.

New rule, 3 eu players for each team.

Setlet

I think the rule could be good if Epsilon was a one-nation-team. But atm, there are no big one-nation-teams in prem, so I think the rule should be removed.

And if a one-nation-team dethrones Epsilon from being the best team in EU, then I think that team shouldn’t be able to have the whole team in the nations cup.

Mista

Quoted from Johnny

[…]

Maybe confusing with France? Most of the concerned players, if not all, were born and raised in the country tho… They use to apply for dual citizenship in their country of origin so they have the option to play for its national team in case they don’t get selected for France team.

unu

Quoted from fishyard

New rule, 3 eu players for each team.

Quoted from unu

Rule suggestion: 3 players maximum from the same country.

Steal my joke why don’t you.

quell

UbeR |

remove the rule cause its silly.

so what if 1 or 2 teams dominate everyone and make the final “boring” cause the rest doesnt stand a chance. doesnt the fight for third place then get that much more exciting?

2nuts

Quoted from Setlet

I think the rule could be good if Epsilon was a one-nation-team. But atm, there are no big one-nation-teams in prem, so I think the rule should be removed.

Even if epsi was a one-nation-team then that’s really cool for that country.. and they should get to play as they want… AGAIN this is not about making the closest games between country’s this is about which country has the ____STRONGER____ players…
I really don’t understand why people are not getting this.. this is the nations cup, we are literately pitting country’s against each other and then finding out who can beat the other… Why is there even an discussion over not letting country’s use their strongest line up?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from 2nuts

Why is there even an discussion over not letting country’s use their strongest line up?

with the rule enforced countries with their best players in one team get dicked
without the rule enforced countries with their players mixed around get dicked

Last edited by Starkie,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from 2nuts

I really don’t understand why people are not getting this.. this is the nations cup, we are literately pitting country’s against each other and then finding out who can beat the other… Why is there even an discussion over not letting country’s use their strongest line up?

Well, this is not 100% accurate. ETF2L did not host a nations cup for the sole purpose of finding out which country is the best. It should also be fun to play and fun to watch. One team to roll them all because they got the advantage of having played together for a while as a team already is neither fun to play for anyone, nor is it fun to watch. That is why the rule has been in place in the first place.

unu

Who cares about fun, I thought this was about winning.

(Which is fun for the winners)

Hallow

P.O.P

Since 2nuts is talking about “the country with the best players”. Let’s say Darn was still on vinland, and this rule was not in place. Vinland would be practised as a team and would probably make the best Finland national team. That would not be the best players of the country though, at least not imo. What if hocz wanted to play? Cookye? Zappis? It’s no longer about who has “the best players”, it’s about who has a nationstacked team in prem. I don’t feel like the rule has to be enforced this year, but it’s really bothering me that you’re coming up with 12-year-old-arguments against it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Well, this is not 100% accurate. ETF2L did not host a nations cup for the sole purpose of finding out which country is the best. It should also be fun to play and fun to watch. One team to roll them all because they got the advantage of having played together for a while as a team already is neither fun to play for anyone, nor is it fun to watch. That is why the rule has been in place in the first place.

TF2 has evolved to a point where there is several different generations of players, I don’t think it is really relevant, the all Finnish / Russian team that is in Prem isn’t likely to dominate opposed to the all-Finnish teams of days gone by. I can’t think of another country with 3+ people from one team and one nation likely to dominate, having less than a 5 person per team rule would be pointless, in reality I can’t see why you can’t just allow everyone, Vinland is only 5 Finns and Cookye isn’t one of them and it doesn’t include someone who can Soldier. Team Sweden having 4 from Broder is the only foreseeable problem, I think for the sake of effectively saying 1 player from 1 team from 1 nation can’t play because he may be giving a nation an advantage isn’t really the biggest reason for such a controversial rule. In my opinion anyway.

Only possible thing I can forsee is if certain players are given a spot due to a star player off-classing, that sort of abuse can’t be stopped by a roster limit.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Opti

REMOVE

Quoted from Hallow

Since 2nuts is talking about “the country with the best players”. Let’s say Darn was still on vinland, and this rule was not in place. Vinland would be practised as a team and would probably make the best Finland national team. That would not be the best players of the country though, at least not imo. What if hocz wanted to play? Cookye? Zappis? It’s no longer about who has “the best players”, it’s about who has a nationstacked team in prem. I don’t feel like the rule has to be enforced this year, but it’s really bothering me that you’re coming up with 12-year-old-arguments against it.

Vinland with Darn would definitely not make the strongest Finland team.

Last edited by Opti,

2nuts

Quoted from Hallow

No offence to the guys in vinland, but I do not think they would make the strongest Finnish team even with darn,
As far as my 12y/o arguments go… don’t know what you are talking about, care to enlighten me?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »