Forum

nation cup?

Created 8th June 2013 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from fishyard

Make a rule so that every country can only have 3 prem players so it’s more fair for other countries. Thanks.

This isn’t a terrible idea. Will stop the use of full 6v6 national prem teams like the last rule, as well as being fairer to those less prominent nations that do happen to all be in one team. Will also level the playing field a lot which can be taken as a bad or good thing depending on point of view.

I mean, you wanna stop MTF from entering as team Luxembourg cuz unfair to the rest?

3 or 4 prem players max per national team might be really interesting, level the playing field somewhat, give some up and coming talent some exposure and be a lot fairer than the ‘players per team’ rule.

Also, what’s to stop Broder, for example, folding and making 2 separate teams for the duration of the summer, thus avoiding the ‘players from the same team’ rule anyway?

Last edited by Monkeh,

Ace

Quoted from fishyard

Very unfair that other teams should get 6 players from prem. Make a rule so that every country can only have 3 prem players so it’s more fair for other countries. Thanks.

vi vinner lett uansett

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

This isn’t a terrible idea. Will stop the use of full 6v6 national prem teams like the last rule, as well as being fairer to those less prominent nations that do happen to all be in one team. Will also level the playing field a [s]bit[/s] lot which can be taken as a bad or good thing depending on point of view.

I mean, you wanna stop MTF from entering as team Luxembourg cuz unfair to the rest?

3 or 4 prem players max per national team might be really interesting, level the playing field somewhat, give some up and coming talent some exposure and be a lot fairer than the ‘players per team’ rule.

Also, what’s to stop Broder, for example, folding and making 2 separate teams for the duration of the summer, thus avoiding the ‘players from the same team’ rule anyway?

My troll idea made sense? wut

Quoted from Ace

[…]

vi vinner lett uansett

Seff

Last edited by fishyard,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

This isn’t a terrible idea. Will stop the use of full 6v6 national prem teams like the last rule, as well as being fairer to those less prominent nations that do happen to all be in one team. Will also level the playing field a [s]bit[/s] lot which can be taken as a bad or good thing depending on point of view.

Isnt a nations cup supposed to be a nations strongest 6 players against the other nations strongest 6? Not a “how can we make this the fairest on the small/weak countries by forcing all kinds of weird rules on all other nations”? (ie the max 3 players from one team or the max 3 from prem rule)

Captainhax

AwS
DA!

AFAIK, this rules existed in every nation cup ETF2L hosted.

For some countries, that hadn’t enough players and were usually in the same team (as it is the case for the icelandic team for example) this rule was not enforced. For such teams this has no real impact on the result of the competition, because these kind of teams are not competiting in higher division.

So please, russian / finland / sweden / whatever other nation team, don’t fucking complain about not being able to form a roster with this rules, that’s part of the game. And please, you are more than able to form a competitive roster with the amount of good players you have in your country.

Last edited by Captainhax,

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]

Isnt a nations cup supposed to be a nations strongest 6 players against the other nations strongest 6? Not a “how can we make this the fairest on the small/weak countries by forcing all kinds of weird rules on all other nations”? (ie the max 3 players from one team or the max 3 from prem rule)

I think monkeh’s point is that if we’re gonna have any rules about it at all then it should be restricting prem players on each team. (I don’t think there should be any rules like that at all)

Quoted from Captainhax

So please, russian / finland / sweden / whatever other nation team, don’t fucking complain about not being able to form a roster with this rules, that’s part of the game. And please, you are more than able to form a competitive roster with the amount of good players you have in your country.

You’re not supposed to find “good players” you should fine THE BEST players and restricting to 3 per team hinders for example getting the best 6 Russian players.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Captainhax

AFAIK, this rules existed in every nation cup ETF2L hosted.

For some countries, that hadn’t enough players and were usually in the same team (as it is the case for the icelandic team for example) this rule was not enforced. For such teams this has no real impact on the result of the competition, because these kind of teams are not competiting in higher division.

Why have any rules?

Monkeh

Quoted from fishyard

I think monkeh’s point is that if we’re gonna have any rules about it at all then it should be restricting prem players on each team.

This. The ‘players from same team’ rule is easily bypassed as explained above. Fold for summer, make 2 teams, join 2 teams, play nations cup, reform again after tournament. Rule bypassed, lols had.

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]

Why have any rules?

vlijm bakkes

Captainhax

AwS
DA!

Quoted from Vlijm

[…]

Why have any rules?

To make it fair for teams that have to build a teamplay through the whole competition ? To avoid captain that will only pick people he’s playing with, without considering others ?

Why discussing about this now ? I don’t think anyone complained about that before (except the german when they were all gathered in Button Bashers).

You’re mentioning 3 players max from each team, I think it’s 4.

Last edited by Captainhax,

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

The purpose of the roster restriction is to break up existing teams to level the playing field.

Most national teams are mixes – an existing team would have a massive advantage in terms of practice, on top of whatever player skill advantage they already have. The same-team limit breaks up the team’s existing synergy and makes for a less predictable and more interesting cup.

Imagine if Epsilon were an all-English team and applied as Team England with a full roster. Would they be the strongest English national roster? Heck yes. Would Epsilon’s completely one-sided rampage against national mixes be even remotely interesting to follow? Not really.

The Nations Cup is about pitting each country’s best players against each other, but it should also be interesting to track and play in. We can do little to compensate for the lack of high-skilled players in one country or the abundance of such in another, but we can at least minimize the advantage of existing team synergy.

As an added bonus, it also forces captains to look for players outside their own team, where captains might have chosen not to do so due to bias or to avoid tension with teammates.

That said, we have not yet decided whether to apply the team limits to the upcoming nations cups. If you have strong feelings on the matter, you can still influence the decision with constructive suggestions.

unu

Rule suggestion: 3 players maximum from the same country.

2nuts

I can’t believe you want to punish nations for having too many good players… it is just absurd to me… this is supposed to be about which country has the best players active!
I guess “may the best man win” does not apply?
I really don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to see teams play at their best capacity?
If this was the world cup in football would the same stupid arguments and rules be applied? NO, cause it’s about winning over the other country’s.

Sure there are players from fin/rus/swe that can step up and play at/around prem level but that is not the point this is a show of strength not a show of closest games in EU.
Honestly can’t believe I even had to write this, it should be so obvious.

Last edited by 2nuts,

unu

Ban everyone above div 5 level.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »