Forum

2forts Overtime

Created 4th June 2008 @ 21:53

Locked Pages: 1

Mumm.lu

Sorry admins if I suck again, but I think that a specific rules should be specified :

Is there an overtime on 2forts or not ? Because this rule is unclear, we leaned back today after the regular time thinking that the match was over (Score 1-1). But the opponent captured the Intel at the last moment, got a overtime, captured the intel and won the map …. really annoying situation.

Would be good if there is a public statement about this issue !!!

Thanks again for a clarification

Wlv

RaWr ::

This isn’t an official stance as an admin but :-

In 2fort, overtime only comes into play when both intels have been touched and the map ends.

For example :-

A.

If team A have their intel in the intel-room and it hasnt been touched at all, yet team B’s intel is on the bridge, when the map timer ends the map will end straight away

B.

If team A’s intel is at top spiral and team B’s intel is at the bridge and the map timer runs out, the map will go in to overtime. The overtime will end either when BOTH (i think :P) intel’s have returned OR when one intel has been captured.

Mumm.lu

Well, that hasn’t happened.

Our intel was down in the sewer while ouropponent’s was still in the intel room… the map should have ended right away… but instead there was overtime … I still don’t understand this shitty overtime rule :/

Wlv

which server were you on and did it have the most up-to-date cfg loaded?

Mumm.lu

We were on the total llamas B server… unfortunately nobody did a check up of the server settings before the match, so no way of knowing if the server settings were correct. Well we learned now and will do a setting checkup before the next matches :/

Wlv

Every Team who host an ETF2L Match on their server MUST ensure that ETF2L.cfg is loaded. Infact its a good idea to load it once the other team joins (as it does an rcon say spam of ETF2L CONFIG LOADED!!1), then change map, just to ensure no problems like this occur.

AnAkkk

There is no setting which makes the map end in overtime or not, there is no way to change this.

AFAIK, last time I played 2fort, we had the enemy’s intel and the timeleft reached 0:00 and there was no overtime, the round immediately finished.

It probably needs a tie to go in overtime? not sure.

Wlv

Read what I said above and there are settings which change the overtime.

Locked Pages: 1