Forum

So the rumors are true?

Created 16th December 2012 @ 14:52

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

I said that that wasn’t my point. read what i say for once…..

Funny cause it seems you ignored the 2nd half of my previous post where I respond to that but w/e.

Le meme arrows

Quoted from hycolours

Escape plan is a crutch for bad soldiers.
Discuss

Scout is a crutch for bad players.
Discuss

Last edited by Le meme arrows,

wrock

vier

Quoted from Le meme arrows

[…]Scout is a crutch for bad players.
Discuss

worst troll i’ve ever seen

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Ask prem to vote on unlocks/vanilla and then we can move on and play videogames.

problem solved.

Last edited by Ritalin,

AnimaL

Quoted from Le meme arrows

[…]Scout is a crutch for bad players.
Discuss

medic is

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from baerbel

[…]

how is that bad. soldier is a shit class already.

It buffs the soldier the wrong way. The only buff the soldier “really” needs is less self-damage.

Isn’t this the same thread we had last summer? Either way is there anything anyone can say to confirm if there will be more unlocks or not? I’m getting confused

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Basically, if the majority of prem players want unlocks, (BB, GB, OD, PT +/- TEP), then that’s what we’ll damn well get.

Better start pcw’ing with ’em guys.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Hi, welcome to another Arx rant :))) TL;DR…. just don’t.

Quoted from Link!

no one ever talks about it and we’re all fine with the ways things are (i.e. vanilla) until someone brings it up again for no real reason

I kind of agree. Vanilla TF2 is _fine_. There isn’t actually a need for unlocks as the game plays perfectly fine with a restricted ruleset. However, unlocks have been brought up. They were brought up again immediately following i46 as the American community became more known over here in Europe, and with their top tier teams being the best TF2 players on the planet, it was natural that their rule set would come into question, with even the possibility of it being emulated over here.

I have a butt load of respect for the American community. Their league actually has power over their players (which it should), mostly because of their lack of options, but also because they hold the cards when it comes to the only decent LAN event in NA. For this reason, when the league announced a large allocation of unlocks, the top tier teams initially raged a little, but then they just… got on with it, and played the game. Aside from the odd player occasionally bitching in game about how they hate unlock, I never see any massive complaints. Compare this to Europe, where the prem kids throw their toys out the pram if they don’t get their way, and attempt to breakaway to a different league unless their demands are met.

Under 50 prem players apparently have the ‘correct’ opinions on how the game should be played, compared to the 2700 odd players below that division (under 2% of the 6v6 playerbase). They might understand the game better than most, but with those numbers, I bet there are 50 more players in the lower divisions who understand the game far better than most of the premiership ones.

On top of that, I guarantee that vast majority of those 50 prem players have very little knowledge and understanding on the unlocks in TF2, compared to some of the players in the lower divisions. It all just comes down to change. The top tier of TF2 want to stay the top tier, they don’t like anything new, or anything they don’t understand. They already know they are the best, and change could dethrone them. They are the kind of kids who bitch and whine about any updates that come out, the type that think that TF2 is dead as soon as one prem team folds, who whine about lack of support from the game developers when they themselves do not support or promote the developers money making system (items in the shop).

While I wish the community was different, I simply know it’s not going to change. A couple of unlocks might get added, that have little effect on the game, and only solve small issues that the prem teams are having with their current meta game, ‘yaaay’, but ultimately, European TF2 is always going to be highly restricted, repetitive, and still years behind the American scene. But it’s okay! As long as we are ALL having fun right?

:)

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

playing Soldier has never been as much fun for me as the last few weeks when everyone played with 6thcup unlocks.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i just hope “premteams” dont change the meta by perma sniper and engineer cuz that defo didnt pay off

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Ritalin

Ask prem to vote on unlocks/vanilla and then we can move on and play videogames.

problem solved.

please don’t…

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

Bravo, great post.

Thanks for this, I just hope some people here will read through this and try to understand it.

Mark

Phase

Also if you want to play with the cup unlocks, fine, but tell the other team before you start the damn game and roll out with them. Fuck.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Panromir

[…]

Bravo, great post.

Thanks for this, I just hope some people here will read through this and try to understand it.

Don’t listen to anything Arx says, he just wants his FaN back

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »