Forum

Attention all prem/div1 players!

Created 16th June 2012 @ 15:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5

Quoted from Regen

Cube’s stream was really entertaining the other day :3

Thanks bro. I’m just offline for 4 days as I’m moving house in Bristol and getting new Internet installed. But I’ll be then streaming every night this summer and uploading lots of games to my YouTube too.

Squirry

nNT ≠

Then Cube you gonna be my next idol :PP Joke, I saw ur streaming some days ago and was pretty sick :] How u record this? XSplit, FFSplit, Fraps? Tell us ur secret!

AnimaL

I’ll be streaming tf2 pug2 from now on – http://lv.twitch.tv/ani_tf2

Had to tinker around for like 3 full days to get it to not affect my game but seems i got it working and its almost unnoticeable. In fact most of the time its unnoticeable, has some 0.1sec freezing maybe once per min, but nothing worse. Here is how:

hardware:
i5 3450 (or any 4core i5 with stock speed should be able to do it)
8GB Dual chan memory (this is vital to get it to work without making tf2 stutter, when i had 4GB single module tf2 was almost unplayable, even if fps was >120)
460gtx, but any gpu that handles tf2 should be able to stream

programs: xsplit and dxtory, preferably prifinitty 2 for core affinity adjustment

settings:
use prifinitty 2 or windows task manager to adjust hl2.exe to high priority and use only core 123 (thats the real cores 2, 3 and 4, so core 1 isnt used by tf2)

dxtory: use common tutorials, but i changed the output fps to 60, it seems smoother, also output size = 1280×720, “stretch” it so xsplit doesnt have to do it

tf2 can have any res, but make sure its not some high quality config as that eats too much cpu, im using chris dx8 highframes

xsplit: 30fps, 1280×720, preset – default xsplit, bitrate – 2400kbps 4800vbv buffer, quality – 9, sound – 44khz 128kbps

I’m sure you can use higher settings if you have OC cpu, but with these I already have ~80-90% cpu usage which seems to be the limit for smooth gameplay… Hope it helped for someone who wanted to stream his pov!

Last edited by AnimaL,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Cool I will follow you bro.

wpminnows

[PG]

would an athlon 640 and hd4870 be enough for streaming

atmo

no

Hat

what kind of minimum upload would you need for a ‘decent’ watchable stream which also doesn’t completely rape your fps?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Hat

what kind of minimum upload would you need for a ‘decent’ watchable stream which also doesn’t completely rape your fps?

Probably about 1.5 Mbps upload at least

Hat

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

Probably about 1.5 Mbps upload at least

well i got 1mb upload but thanks to djc i’m streaming fine!

djc

d2f~

youre welcome mr. spider

Linus

[d¿s]

Well that must be some sort of black magic, as its actually watchable. :D

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Hat

[…]

well i got 1mb upload but thanks to djc i’m streaming fine!

Unless you mean 8Mb, with 1Mb your stream is going to look like balls and I cant imagine anyone watching it with that quality for very long.

You really need at least 1.5 or 2 Mb for something thats even watchable.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5