Forum

So if Epsilon do fold after lan ..what happens to etf2l ?

Created 14th June 2012 @ 15:12

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

instag1b

Panda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTPMoOMKf0&feature=player_detailpage#t=5566s

2gd on shootmania

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Just theory crafting, but imagine a situation where we put on an amazing show at i46 and Multiplay are really impressed.

Now something that was suggested in the past when Multiplay partnered with ETF2L was the idea of LAN finals for each season coinciding with the tri-annaul i-Series events. Top four teams come to LAN to fight it out just like ESEA.

In terms of how that would effect the existing LAN structure you could make two tournaments, with an invite competition for the top four Prem teams and the standard tournament for everyone else.

Potentially that means more quality games at LAN through the invite bracket and perhaps a more enjoyable open bracket for the masses?

Maybe we can bend Wizzo’s ear at i46? :>

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

Quoted from Admirable

Just theory crafting, but imagine a situation where we put on an amazing show at i46 and Multiplay are really impressed.

Now something that was suggested in the past when Multiplay partnered with ETF2L was the idea of LAN finals for each season coinciding with the tri-annaul i-Series events. Top four teams come to LAN to fight it out just like ESEA.

In terms of how that would effect the existing LAN structure you could make two tournaments, with an invite competition for the top four Prem teams and the standard tournament for everyone else.

Potentially that means more quality games at LAN through the invite bracket and perhaps a more enjoyable open bracket for the masses?

holy fucking shit I like this idea.

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from Admirable

got my vote.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Admirable

I do like the sound of it, but bear in mind the dates of the LANs, and that setting the season finals at these LANs means playing the season in the ~2 months beforehand (eg july and august in i46/49’s case). If people are happy to play at those dates then that’s another reason to properly consider it.

choiie

keso

Quoted from instag1b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTPMoOMKf0&feature=player_detailpage#t=5566s

2gd on shootmania

mfw 2gd mentioned TF2 in this video, I shed a tear :’)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from choiie

[…]

mfw 2gd mentioned TF2 in this video, I shed a tear :’)

Where?

edit; didnt even talk about it :P

Last edited by Koeitje,

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Admirable

I considered this idea a while back, but I reached the conclusion that multiplay wouldn’t be interested as despite the invite tournament; winter and spring (particularly winter) attendance would still be shit, and the prize money for i-series events comes directly from ticket sales. Without that guaranteed attendance there is not enough money for orgs like epsilon to send their teams to this event, and the whole idea falls on it’s ass. Really I think it would take an outside sponsor other than multiplay to get on board, but that brings us back to impressing at i46.

Also, to whoever said NA has their LANs because they show up in numbers can you get a clue please. It’s an invite LAN that has GUARANTEED 5 figure prize sums. Top teams will go anywhere you tell them to for money like that, but sadly the only LANs in TF2 are contingent upon mass community attendance for the prizes to be anywhere near worth the money it costs to get there (either for orgs to send, or for community donation pots to have any basis).

Last edited by kaidus,

IPZIE

SUAVE

i like vaginas.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from kaidus

money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

instag1b

Panda

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Where?

edit; didnt even talk about it :P

He does, but it’s in passing, and I’m pretty sure he meant the ETF2L highlander challenge.

IIRC he’s asked about what an esport is, and he says that it is wide ranging, from professional gaming to an online TF2 tournament.

cba to scrawl through 3 hours to find a link.

Tarkus

aHn

Quoted from droso

TF2 will die after i46. Nothing to look forward for top teams. :(

I reckon the game will stay alive (LAN-wise) in France and Russia thanks to local LANs.

tf2 going to die cuz some good players “quiting” and coming back after 1 week?

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from MightyMe

stop calling that tf2 is dead and everything will be fine

———->

Quoted from droso

TF2 will die after i46. Nothing to look forward for top teams. :(

-_-

Quoted from dunc

if I had £1 for every time I heard someone say TF2 was going to die after a summer i-series event I’d be a very rich man

+1

Last edited by Wiper,

Also, to whoever said NA has their LANs because they show up in numbers can you get a clue please. It’s an invite LAN that has GUARANTEED 5 figure prize sums

Seriously? Its like that? when x6 won esea lan in s8, I knew oov barely got out of the costs to get there, with his grand 420 dollar prize. Esea lans are big with numbers, for cs stuff. The money for tf2 is a huge joke, and there have been enough incidents where players had to put in a shitton of money to get there without even getting to break even cuz their sponser sucks. except if they just tenfolded the prize for the esea invite lan, you’re not exactly going to win big

Last edited by Sacrilege,

Ghostface

spire

Hey guys.

Yeah, you.

All of you, come here. I wanna show you something.

Notice how no ACTUAL top players are commenting on TF2’s decline. Only bads from mid-divisions/droso. Hell, if anything, they have faith in the future/don’t care. Which all of you should do. Just play them while you can and enjoy it.
Jesus Christ you’re all dumb. If I were an ETF2L admin I’d lock these threads and give the OP a 1 year forum ban. You’re worse than those religious nuts ranting about the Apocalypse.

Just mind your own damn business and play the fucking game. Or not. Your resilience will eventually be repaid.

Also, TF2 won’t die for me because X, Y and Z are quitting. TF2 will die for me because you’re all being so cancerous for this league and competitive side and giving up too soon.

Last edited by Ghostface,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »