Forum

Being "forced" to join a team

Created 3rd November 2011 @ 15:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

but but but my pretty list of teams :(((

I really didn’t think that this thread would catch wind like it did. Keep it going pls, I bet it’s going to end up in drama, bans and lock like everything else.

Snyyppis

RLM

I friend of mine once added me to his 1v1 team by accident, now my team history looks fucking shit. Obviously, I am no longer friends with said person.

But seriously, profile setting:
Request my permission when added to a team [] (off by default)

Last edited by Snyyppis,

Setlet

I think of another reason for having a confirmation box (a ridiculous one thou)

What if a div6 team adds a teamless prem player to their team, who may not even notice being added. After 1 minute-2 weeks the prem player removes himself and now the div6 can brag to other div6 teams that “Haha you guys suck we had (Insert prem player here) playing for us for 1-minute-2weeks”.

I know it’s serious business.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Setlet

I think of another reason for having a confirmation box (a ridiculous one thou)

What if a div6 team adds a teamless prem player to their team, who may not even notice being added. After 1 minute-2 weeks the prem player removes himself and now the div6 can brag to other div6 teams that “Haha you guys suck we had (Insert prem player here) playing for us for 1-minute-2weeks”.

I know it’s serious business.

look, fragga joined a team! http://etf2l.org/teams/8608/

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from octochris

i accidentally added monkeh to a team i was in one time, now people always think i like monkeh, how can i fix this, i don’t want people knowing that i know him it is not good for my reputation

I would like to confirm that Chris doesn’t know me, has never spoken to me and he definitely doesn’t like me.

Fixed.

Trath

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

“rare case” applies to both

also your situation is “a player gets screwed over”, mine said “a player screws 5 others over”
not sure which is worse..

http://etf2l.org/forum/user/7661/

was because he wanted a free hat as said here – http://etf2l.org/recruitment/101259/
It dosent seem serious, but it is there.

NOT SO RARE HUH?

and in your case, its not 1 guy screwing 5. they want to add him, he cant confirm, simple as that.. thats how it works. we live in a world where theres internet in every hole. if he wants to confirm, he will be able too, no doubt. Hes not ‘screwing them’, hes got no malicious intent. It just means that if a player wants to join a team, he has to be able to confirm they’re invitation. RESPONSIBILITY.

dodgydogman

Panda

A possible solution could be that if you join and leave a team within a week it doesnt show up in the history?

Bonkers

Quoted from dodgydogman

A possible solution could be that if you join and leave a team within a week it doesnt show up in the history?

but then my team history would be small D:

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Quoted from droso

This is a non-issue.

Who honestly cares about team history?

Judging through team history is quite prevalent in the lower divs I believe There is just so many people and seeing someone who has joined a billion teams for a span of 2 weeks and less seems a bit dodgy.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Bonkers

[…]

Then stick with a team for more than a week.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Bonkers

[…]

you should probably think about why that is.

Bonkers

Quoted from octochris

[…]

you should probably think about why that is.

leaving teams…its like a drug i…just….can’t….stop

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

but but but my pretty list of teams :(((

I really didn’t think that this thread would catch wind like it did. Keep it going pls, I bet it’s going to end up in drama, bans and lock like everything else.

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from dodgydogman

Working on doing exactly this, except 24 hours instead of a week :)
Not high priority atm, so may be a while

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Working on doing exactly this, except 24 hours instead of a week :)
Not high priority atm, so may be a while

any chance of a email notification then, that you have been added to this team. So that you have enough warning to remove yourself. As a 24 hour window could be over looked by people who don’t check etf2l regularly.
Understand its low priority just an idea.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »