Forum

Could we actually start handing out forum bans?

Created 25th May 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

Or at least some kind of repurcussion for being a dribbling spastic. There was a 9 page thread that bassically consisted of a group of 10 or so people trying to publicly embarrass and rip an ETF2L admin for no good reason other than “for the lulz”, and as far as i know, not a single one of them are going to get anything for it. It’s not even like it’s a one off thing, they do this on a regular basis.

Aside from that, there are a significant number of people who provide virtually nothing of value to discussion on this forum. I’m not even talking about conflicting opinions, I mean people who do absolutely nothing other than bait and dribble all over the place.

I know I’m not the only one who feels this way, and equally the group of people I’m talking about are a very vocal minority. I just feel like you can be an idiot all you want, rip people, and basically just take the piss within this community, and ETF2L as an organisation is so passive in their attitude towards this kind of behaviour they almost condone it.

Tell me if I’m wrong here, I just don’t think it’s a good thing for TF2.

Last edited by Skyride,

Martn

Most admins:
a) cba
b) like e-drama

Swarlz

excuse me – I got a forum ban. I think that’s more than enough

Edit*

But I do have to agree – So many times I’ve pushed shit on threads and said stuff just to get a rise as I’m a total cock. Some things I’ve said which I honestly expected to get a ban. It took me to literally calling someone the c “word” hehehehe to get banned.

also you’re wrong

Last edited by Swarlz,

Tehgnarr

is good!

I am all for forum bans. Make it happen!

Tehgnarr

is good!

Quoted from Swarlz

Edit*

But I do have to agree – So many times I’ve pushed shit on threads and said stuff just to get a rise as I’m a total cock. Some things I’ve said which I honestly expected to get a ban. It took me to literally calling someone the c “word” hehehehe to get banned.

seems like you are proud of your accomplishments…

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

But it’s funny!

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Swarlz

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/a5a/f8c/0d8/resized/bear-grylls-meme-generator-got-banned-better-drink-my-own-piss-16d58f.jpg

Swarlz

Quoted from Tehgnarr

[…]

seems like you are proud of your accomplishments…

I really am. Took me 3 years

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

what about threat of violence?

Swarlz

I think it’s only right that we have a system in which we admin ourselves.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from

Ich sitze an der Bushaltestelle mit einem AC Admin.

When is the bus going to arrive and where are you going?

To go back on topic, I agree. All the trolling/baiting/flaming is getting silly.

Pyle

Welcome to the internetz.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Pyle

Welcome to the internetz.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

To put it as simply as possible, forum bans are a pain in the arse.

They can only be done – or even monitored – by head admins, meaning they are on the same time frame as normal bans. Plus, they don’t really work: any forum-banned user can still post on news posts and recruitment pages without repercussion. As far as I’m aware they are also a fairly recent addition, about a year old (maybe more).

Rest assured we will be reviewing as many things as possible between now and Season 10, forum bans being one of those things.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

I can’t merge the other thread into this one, I’ll try to make that happen in a sec.

Please continue the forum ban failure discussion in this thread. Apologies for the confusion.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »