Forum

ETF2L: The problem

Created 6th March 2011 @ 14:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 31 Next »

TopGear

tH

Retsh0ck I think your missing the point here. You cant keep 2 groups happy with totally opposing viewpoints. One group wants vanilla+medlocks, other wants new features you either create 2 leagues or compromise

Tf2 started out without unlocks, class updates, game additions etc and has gradually evolved. There were no class limits, no restrictions of any kind, you simply played how you liked. But there was a problem it was unbalanced, class limits were introduced and the game style as we all know was born, we all know this. If valve had released all class updates, new unlocks at the same time some elements of those would be standard in the game today, it simply because medic unlocks came out first they got allowed in.

Because we have simply ignored the new elements of the game and stuck with what we know works, we are now in a mess as the community is divided. Sure you can say no one has complained about vanilla + medlocks well I have seen people complaining. Some people wanted gunboats, others direct hit. Some fan, the list goes on. Just because you say no one has complained does not make it fact. If people were not bothered about new weapons and unlocks this topic would not have been created.

Making a list of unlocks that are banned and allowed sorts that out. None of this rubbish about agreeing before a match needs to take place. Simply follow the rules the league allows. If they give a 3 tier list sure put an agreement in place, these are allowed, these are banned, and anything in this list you can use as long as you inform your opponents in advance.

Now, if the allowed list only contains vanilla items then so be it, but surely it’s at the discretion of the league to decide. If they decided to add in items you don’t like then tough, don’t play. This isn’t the same game of 3 yrs ago, times change.

We should at least evaluate what benefits the new unlocks bring to the scene rather than just sticking to what we know.

kuma

Quoted from TopGear

We should at least evaluate what benefits the new unlocks bring to the scene rather than just sticking to what we know.

This guy gets it

crzfst

Quoted from TopGear

Simply follow the rules the league allows.

You are missing the point, there would no such thread like this if not for the rules and almost every prem team not playing in etf2l anymore.

Ghostface

spire

People need to learn to accept goddamn change. If somebody’s using those “unbalanced” unlocks, then why can’t you use them? It’s not like their unlocks are more unbalanced than yours or something. I’m pretty sure your Direct hit(example) does the same damage as the other guy’s direct hit. My basketball coach said it best when we were getting outscored in a quarter and we blamed the ball being slippery(which it was sometimes): “I don’t know about you guys, but they’re playing with the same ball.”

I can understand premier players wanting “special” treatment, well, not that special. They just want their opinions to matter more, since they’re the best in the league, but at the end of the day, it’s not their league. They can’t just demand that their requirements be met because they’re premier players. As far as I’m concerned, so long and thanks for all the fishes. If you wanna play vanilla+medlocks just go ESL and that’s that. However, to all of the shitnerds in the lower divisions who are all like “PREM PLAYERS ARE RIGHT WE MUST NOT JOIN ETF2L”, you can suck my dick. The only reason you’re saying that is because you’re fanboys of premier teams, and you’re too goddamn dumb to have an opinion of your own or a clue.
In my opinion, this schism of vanilla+medlocks players and cinnamon(gay name for it much?) can only be very bad for the European scene as a whole. If we’re gonna have players in ESL but not in ETF2L, and vice-versa, it’s pretty much gonna separate them and make them two pretty different worlds. Sure, it’s gonna be better this way since vanilla+medlocks players have their own league and cinnamon players have a separate league, but it’s just not good. So I’d like to ask medlocks+vanilla players to stop being so narrow-minded and actually try to accept a change once in a while. Variety is the spice of life and monopolizing the game into the exact same unlocks and maps all the time is gay and stupid.

(I mentioned only unlock rules here, because maps and other things are pretty redundant imo. If you don’t like the map pool, then you’re a retard who prolly wants to play Granlands for the rest of his life. In which case, your opinion = 0)
Come at me, vanilla+medlocks fanboys. I’m waiting on you.

P.S.

Doesn’t matter if dignitas/fb/whateverotherpremteams aren’t joining. You guys’ll enjoy new prem’s games too. Sure you can say that it’s not the same because other premier players are “more experienced” and whatever, but I’m pretty sure that the games are still gonna be entertaining to watch.

M0re

Quoted from Ghostface

People need to learn to accept goddamn change. If somebody’s using those “unbalanced” unlocks, then why can’t you use them? It’s not like their unlocks are more unbalanced than yours or something. I’m pretty sure your Direct hit(example) does the same damage as the other guy’s direct hit. My basketball coach said it best when we were getting outscored in a quarter and we blamed the ball being slippery(which it was sometimes): “I don’t know about you guys, but they’re playing with the same ball.”

I can understand premier players wanting “special” treatment, well, not that special. They just want their opinions to matter more, since they’re the best in the league, but at the end of the day, it’s not their league. They can’t just demand that their requirements be met because they’re premier players. As far as I’m concerned, so long and thanks for all the fishes. If you wanna play vanilla+medlocks just go ESL and that’s that. However, to all of the shitnerds in the lower divisions who are all like “PREM PLAYERS ARE RIGHT WE MUST NOT JOIN ETF2L”, you can suck my dick. The only reason you’re saying that is because you’re fanboys of premier teams, and you’re too goddamn dumb to have an opinion of your own or a clue.
In my opinion, this schism of vanilla+medlocks players and cinnamon(gay name for it much?) can only be very bad for the European scene as a whole. If we’re gonna have players in ESL but not in ETF2L, and vice-versa, it’s pretty much gonna separate them and make them two pretty different worlds. Sure, it’s gonna be better this way since vanilla+medlocks players have their own league and cinnamon players have a separate league, but it’s just not good. So I’d like to ask medlocks+vanilla players to stop being so narrow-minded and actually try to accept a change once in a while. Variety is the spice of life and monopolizing the game into the exact same unlocks and maps all the time is gay and stupid.

(I mentioned only unlock rules here, because maps and other things are pretty redundant imo. If you don’t like the map pool, then you’re a retard who prolly wants to play Granlands for the rest of his life. In which case, your opinion = 0)
Come at me, vanilla+medlocks fanboys. I’m waiting on you.

P.S.

Doesn’t matter if dignitas/fb/whateverotherpremteams aren’t joining. You guys’ll enjoy new prem’s games too. Sure you can say that it’s not the same because other premier players are “more experienced” and whatever, but I’m pretty sure that the games are still gonna be entertaining to watch.

next time try to play with ball thats on fire or goes speed of light, lets see how fun it is.

Leshey

D.A
V.A.C.

Quoted from Ghostface

Doesn’t matter if dignitas/fb/whateverotherpremteams aren’t joining. You guys’ll enjoy new prem’s games too.

maybe they’ll be entertaining to watch, but you’ll always know that the “real deal” and TRUE prem players are somewhere else. and tbh, i’d prefer to watch them.
PS
in current circumstances i even think that it’s logical to remove the prem division for s9.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Ghostface, I’ll be honest, you’re literally retarded.

stvv

WUL

Quoted from Ghostface

tl;dr
QQ wah wah dont like it go away, change happens

Spike Himself

TC

Hm.. maybe stick to spire jumping practice instead of forum posting? :D

Cooler

4Queens

Quoted from Ghostface

wall of text

you just wasted about 10 mins of your life

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from M0re

[…]

next time try to play with ball thats on fire or goes speed of light, lets see how fun it is.

How is that even close to even reacting on his argument? There are hundreds of sports which are mean, painful or unforgiving. But they are sports, they are about competition and being the best. Try reading this: http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Skyride

DUCS

There has been 1013 comments on this topic about the subject between vanillaTF2 and this thread, along with fuck knows how much chat between IRC and Steam. Posting further on this topic will achieve nothing more than getting you exasperated and spoil the next hour or so of your life.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Skyride

There has been 1013 comments on this topic about the subject between vanillaTF2 and this thread, along with fuck knows how much chat between IRC and Steam. Posting further on this topic will achieve nothing more than getting you exasperated and spoil the next hour or so of your life.

1 hour of your life spoiled

Wabbeh

Why is this thread still going?:
If you want to boycott etf2l and go to esl, whatever, just leave then.
If you want to try and persuade the boycotters to stop, they won’t. So stop trying.
If you want to persuade pro-cinnamoners to go vanilla, they won’t. So stop trying.

Just a quick question, why isn’t it possible to just get the admins plus a few people from each side of the argument (should be prem/div 1 only tbh) to sit down on steam/irc/mumble/whatever and just talk it out? If you can come to a compromise then that’s awesome, if not then you’ll just have to agree to disagree and go your separate ways because this argument is going to just go on and on otherwise.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 31 Next »