Forum

Keeping ubercharge when switching spawns

Created 5th March 2011 @ 17:57

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Dummy

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Being able to switch spawn with über intact does not have as great of an impact and is forced upon us.

yes im sure an uber has no impact
ive got to agree with koetje, the arguments you make are in(s)ane

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Wallhack completely changes the game, and it is not a feature forced upon the players. Being able to switch spawn with über intact does not have as great of an impact and is forced upon us.

The direct hit changes the game in a way a lot of people don’t want it to. Also, it is possible to regulate the use of the weapon.

Please refrain from personal insults. If it is such an easy matter to understand, then please explain where the problem lies.

Also, realistic suggestions on how to prevent the use of this feature would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, it doesn’t even matter whether it’s technically banned or not, and this whole discussion is pointless.

Situation.
Mid just got capped. Your medic fall out through resupply but gets cut off at stone bridge due to bad positioning and being outplayed by the enemy team.

1. Dies, gets out due to some very good play by the rest of his team or goes into spawn and switches to last cp spawn to survive. But loses uber. A good punishment.

2. Runs into spawn, switches to last with whatever charge he had (probably like 60%+). If the enemy is not as fast they might even have a shot at defending spire, it will take the medic ~10 seconds to reach it. If he can’t reach spire he still has uber to defend last.

Tell me, should we reward bad plays with a second chance? It changes the game in ways a lot of people don’t want it to.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

I agree with koeitje. :o

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Nmx

I agree with koeitje. :o

Actually, if the enemy medic was on mid while the scouts/demo cut of your medic they’d probably reach spire at the same time. wpgg.

octochris

(0v0)

I don’t think this is an exploit and I don’t think it will be fixed. However, I do agree with Koeitje that it should be banned. It changes the game in ways that I don’t believe are beneficial.

I’ve agreed with you in the past about things, Ashkan, but your arguments in this thread don’t make any sense to me, and seem to be devoid of logic. I don’t know whether this means that they are ill thought out or you simply aren’t communicating them effectively, but it isn’t just one person that sees it.

Last edited by octochris,

Psyche

Quoted from Ghent

Why is everyone so mad recently?

Jeez, I don’t know… Could it be we have an ETF2L Admin giving arguments worthy of a pubber for the last 5 replies? I mean…They don’t even make any sense, competitive wise.

Something like…. uber has not that big impact on the game

Last edited by Psyche,

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

Jeez, I don’t know… Could it be we have an ETF2L Admin giving arguments worthy of a pubber for the last 5 replies? I mean…They don’t even make any sense, competitive wise…

stop mad

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Ghent

Why is everyone so mad recently?

recently?

ashkan

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
yes im sure an uber has no impact
ive got to agree with koetje, the arguments you make are in(s)ane

I can’t remember stating that an über has no impact.

I agree this shouldn’t be allowed, however checking for it would be relatively problematic unless everybody knows about it and keeps an eye out for it. Ashkan’s arguments for allowing it are dumb.

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

I can’t remember stating that an über has no impact.

You said it has no great impact:

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Wallhack completely changes the game, and it is not a feature forced upon the players. Being able to switch spawn with über intact does not have as great of an impact and is forced upon us.

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-15888/page-4/?recent=283291#post-283274

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

AnimaL

looking forward to see ppl defend granaries mid respawn instead of ramp room/mid in season 9

Last edited by AnimaL,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Tbh it’s quite easy to notice that someone might have done it in a match, and then watch the stv later on.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

I agree this shouldn’t be allowed, however checking for it would be relatively problematic unless everybody knows about it and keeps an eye out for it. Ashkan’s arguments for allowing it are dumb.

[…]

[…]

to be fair, he was speaking relative to a wallhack. i do still think his arguments don’t make any sense, though.

Dummy

Quoted from Psyche

[…]

Jeez, I don’t know… Could it be we have an ETF2L Admin giving arguments worthy of a pubber for the last 5 replies? I mean…They don’t even make any sense, competitive wise.

Something like…. uber has not that big impact on the game

he is a pubber though (highlander only)

ashkan

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

[…]

“Being able to switch spawn with über intact does not have as great of an impact and is forced upon us.”

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »