Created 24th January 2011 @ 03:02

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 27 Next »

kuma

Quoted from Sammage

stuff

wow you phrased it so much nicer than i did :((

tf2 is dead

Quoted from howdeh

Its about time ETF2L enforced an anti-cheat program.

and about time for the currect ACT to resign

randa

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Gonna be fun times when Valve breaks something with an update which causes the AC client to break which means all matches have to be postponed.

I’d rather see improvements made to the current system than to see an AC client implemented.

Wire doesnt get broken with every update? or does it ? I have no idea :D

demsii

EPA

Quoted from tf2 is dead

[…]

and about time for the currect ACT to resign

And about time banned cheaters get a forum ban for the duration of their ban.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from demsii

[…]

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Quoted from demsii

[…]

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from randa

[…]

It doesn’t matter because teams in ETF2L post-pone and wait a stupid amount of time before scheduling and playing their games – why would it even matter?

Obviously the system in place is completely inappropriate for this league because even people within the AC team are disagreeing with the points made and the bans given, its not professional and its certainly not something a sponsor would be impressed by.

I have no idea about funding within ETF2L or if they plan to invest anywhere, but finding an alternative to the current system is definately needed.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Gad damn TF2 has reached a critical mass of bitter cunts.
If it’s not the hackusations, it’s fucking smart cunts counter arguing that the OP tries to be too smart?

Get a fucking grip.

ETF2L AC System had always been horseshit… KondoR was innocent you know? So was Spicke… but the haters just far out weigh the level-headed.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from demsii

[…]

Do keep abra and Lenny out of these forums, that would also be much appereciated.

AnAkkk

Quoted from randa

[…]

Aequitas has never been broken by any game update, never did Wire, and it won’t ever be due to the way it works.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from howdeh

[…]

It doesn’t matter because teams in ETF2L post-pone and wait a stupid amount of time before scheduling and playing their games – why would it even matter?

Because ontop of that you’d have AC Client being the cause of alot of post poned matches.

Quoted from howdeh

Obviously the system in place is completely inappropriate for this league because even people within the AC team are disagreeing with the points made and the bans given, its not professional and its certainly not something a sponsor would be impressed by.

I have no idea about funding within ETF2L or if they plan to invest anywhere, but finding an alternative to the current system is definately needed.

I agree that they need to revise the way they handle banning/catching cheaters, but to use an AC client that will probably cause more headaches than it will catch cheaters is something I wouldn’t advise.

Especially considering the size of ETF2L as a league, it would be almost guaranteed that it causes more headaches for honest players than it will cause for cheaters.

Last edited by herpderp,

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

I agree that they need to revise the way they handle banning/catching cheaters, but to use an AC client that will probably cause more headaches than it will catch cheaters is something I wouldn’t advise.

Especially considering the size of ETF2L as a league, it would be almost guaranteed that it causes more headaches for honest players than it will cause for cheaters.

On top of that there’s the financial aspect. You’re looking at €10,000-€50,000 up front and another couple thousand for maintenance if you want a solid, privately written AC client, likely even more than that.

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from herpderp

Because ontop of that you’d have AC Client being the cause of alot of post poned matches.

ETF2L should crack the fuck down on time wasters and stop letting people play games 5 weeks late. Its just another stupid excuse, ACs can be updated, its not like they take weeks to solve – AnAkIn has stated that Aequitas has no problem with this, and I’m sure as hell ESEA do a good job of updating their client with updates.

Its just a lame excuse and shouldn’t be allowed.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Some thing i still don’t understand is: the reason why AC admins apparently dont give out demos is because if they give out “evidence” the cheater knows what he has done wrong, ie. what he got caught on.

But by just handing out the demo, there is no real “evidence” given away. Afterall ticks defo don’t need to be included. By handing out the demo peeps get convicted on, gives better understanding bout what the admins are actually talking about, the ability to defend yourself and last but not least TRANSPARANCY!@

In any community transparancy is its most valuable aspect. People know whats goin on, know how much money is beeing made/lost and if so they could chip in. Seems to me like our admins are hiding more behind the internet, transparancy is getting less and less.

Release demos!

ps. i dont know Beavern, but releasing demos should be standard rlly.

Last edited by Exfane,

fe

rent a wire from esl

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 27 Next »