Forum

Gravelpit in the map pool?

Created 30th November 2010 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Hosain H

Royal`

I’d just like to know who actually wants gravelpit in the map pool. Had a near 2 hour official tonight on that map and nearly died of extreme boredom.

Vote yes/no on whether or not you think it should be in the map pool!

m4tu

Yes(because there should be a map like that…Change it to gorge or make a new one, but keep that kinda map. That’s why I vote yes)

captain bubblebeard

Sometimes I completely hate it. But sometimes (like tonights ESH game against MIPC) it can produce some exhaustively stunning games.

Best and worst moments of TF2 on this map.

edit: I vote yes because it’s worth it.

Last edited by captain bubblebeard,

Zebbosai

Yes

xerxes

WWCD
n2o

Quoted from Hosain H

I’d just like to know who actually wants gravelpit in the map pool. Had a near 2 hour official tonight on that map and nearly died of extreme boredom.

Vote yes/no on whether or not you think it should be in the map pool!

How the hell did you manage to play gravel 2 hours? 10 minutes per attack (this would be quiete slow) … makes it max 40 mins.

But I understand your opinion and often I feel the same playing the map.
But! Gravelpit is pure discipline. Nothing else.

xerxes

Oh, I forgot … YES we need it. :-( Gullywash last point with two heavys is what makes me hate a map.

Last edited by xerxes,

evokje

WiK?

Gravelpit is fun, freight is boooooring

Last edited by evokje,

choiie

keso

I personally love Gravelpit, even though it can get a bit slow at times and the long “wait to build uber” times can be a bit boring if you dont know what to make of them.

As a mapmaker I see this as an interesting problem to solve: apparently most of us like the variety that an A/D map brings, but we still think Gravel Pit gets a bit slowpaced. What features do you think would make a new A/D map more interesting as an alternative in the competitive scene?

KrullkrigareN^

nandos

no.
get rid of both freight and gravel pit.

rAye.

Vuze.
T.

there should be another map like this style A/D gravelpit has been the only one of its type, (except gorge, but that was too linear and even more boring than gpit) so mapmakers :) mapmake ahoy!

archy

you can play faster than some of you might expect, its not the maps fault if you waste a lot of time doing nothing :3

seriously, there is nothing wrong with gravel pit. i would just facepalm if i saw the map removed from the map pool. also you have to think: what you replace gravel pit with? gorge? i dont think you would want that, would you?

Quoted from xerxes

Oh, I forgot … YES we need it. :-( Gullywash last point with two heavys is what makes me hate a map.

you can also put 2 heavies on badlands last. but also on obscure for example. running 2 heavies is just massive turtling and will rarely lead to a recap. you can put 2 300 hp dps tanks on almost every map and make it a turtle fest. map makers can do sthg about that to a limited extend only.

Greg

Gravel to me, shows what you and your team can do when it comes to coordinated pushes and comms as, you can more than likely throw tactics out the window apart from the cookie cutter ones that everyone knows when defending or attack at round start.

I used to dread playing Gravel but recently I’ve come around and started to love it.

I vote yes :)

t1gr3

DStM
DStS

its awesome, keep it in!

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Gpit is a nice change of gamestyle, and imo, nothing’s better than an all-out push to point C with 30 seconds left on the clock.

xzr

Gravelpit is the best map in the game, fact.

Cobby

-9m-

Quoted from xerxes

[…]
How the hell did you manage to play gravel 2 hours? 10 minutes per attack (this would be quite slow) … makes it max 40 mins.

If you draw you have to play a golden cap, meaning another round of A/D :( + the first map I guess can make an official last 2 hours (Including toilet breaks etc..)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »