Forum

6v6 with a twist

Created 27th November 2010 @ 16:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Hawke

What would 6v6 be like if all classes were restricted to 1 only?

Demoman and Medic would be unaffected as they are already restricted to 1. But with this idea, Soldier and Scout would be restricted alone with every other class.

Now the standard and best lineup are 2 Scouts and 2 Soldiers. But with only 1 of each, that’s 2 slots open.

So here’s a question, what would the best team be in this kind of system?

Scout/Soldier/Demoman/Heavy/Medic/Sniper?
Scout/Soldier/Pyro/Demoman/Heavy/Medic?

Discuss :)

Ghostface

spire

Go play highlander and shaddap.

lol@biohazard. got some personal issues?
Also, if I were you I’d sit down. You’ve been in 4 teams in the past 2 months ;/

Last edited by Ghostface,

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Ghostface

Follow you own advice – maybe you will be able to find a team and play with it for longer than a month.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Ghostface

that’s why tf2 doesn’t grow

Cek

7lives

Quoted from Ghostface

+1

Waster

What happens is every freaking match will be as boring as playing freight where it is quite common to have a heavy and sniper.

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

I think the game would be a lot slower and more stand offish, the 5 minute long waits we see now at choke points would become more common because it would be harder to mount a fast attack.

Similarly if you were pushed back it would be fairly hard to effectively push back out.

I think the current setup is a lot more dynamic, and its not like those classes are not used, they do have uses.

edit: no one would use pyro because over sniper because pyro is dog awful

Last edited by Arcadizz1e,

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Terrible idea.

Actually suggesting people to use heavy, just dreadful.

Sketch

MM

heres a better one

what would 9v9/8v8 be like if scout solly were restricted to 2 and everything else 1!!!!!! omg mindfuck

Tikcus

Quoted from Hawke

What would 6v6 be like if all classes were restricted to 1 only?

Potentially more fun, you’d have to increase the map pool, get some attack v defence and payload maps in, bring back well, coldfront, viaduct, yukon.

it would allow for more dynamic tactics, spys, pyros engineers at mid.

it will never happen though, however it would be good to try it in a double elimination cup, or something like the highlander challenge with a group stage first.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

Potentially more fun, you’d have to increase the map pool, get some attack v defence and payload maps in, bring back well, coldfront, viaduct, yukon.

it would allow for more dynamic tactics, spys, pyros engineers at mid.

it will never happen though, however it would be good to try it in a double elimination cup, or something like the highlander challenge with a group stage first.

Only good map you have mentioned is viaduct

dynamic tactics for spys pyros and engis on mid?!?!?!, they have their uses in 6v6, in fact they are a dynamic tactic. Ie on last, they dont feature on mid normally because they would be useless.

Whenever you post something it is always useless to competative play, just stick to pubs and you can play with all the shitty weapons you like so much.

Last edited by Matt,

Tikcus

if they are running,

Heavy, soldier, demo, scout, medic, sniper

Why not run a spy?

We are not talking about normal 6v6 TF2 here, if a tournament using cl1 was to be played you don’t have to enter it

Also across the pond, cold front, yukon and viaduct feature heavily, i’d personally like to see them more here (you don’t have to agree)

Psyche

lol tbh matt I wouldn’t have used those words but what I was about to say is there.

Most of your comments are indeed shit for competitive tf2 tikcus :/

Mike

TEZC

I like coldfront

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Tikcus

if they are running,

Heavy, soldier, demo, scout, medic, sniper

Why not run a spy?

We are not talking about normal 6v6 TF2 here, if a tournament using cl1 was to be played you don’t have to enter it

Also across the pond, cold front, yukon and viaduct feature heavily, i’d personally like to see them more here (you don’t have to agree)

Refer to my early post about what i think on cl1.

snow maps are terrible, yukon is bad and i already said viaduct is the best koth map even though it features snow.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »