Forum

Just General Questions about the Tournament

Created 12th August 2010 @ 20:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

MadeInRussia

BB

Can someone please answer these questions for me?

1) Is there any other way I can speak to an admin and not use the IRC thing?
2) To create a team, do we need to have our own server, cause on the app thing were we register a team, it asks for a server.
3) What happens if you dont make it onto the match like for a connection problem?
4) Do we need to record a demo of us playing now, or when the tournament starts?
5) What is an IRC channel and team Tag?
6) Do we connect to a random server during the match or we the league gives us one?
7) Can you switch weapons during the game?
8) Can you switch classes with someone during the game?

Last edited by MadeInRussia,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just figure out how IRC works, will make your life so much easier.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

1) IRC is the official way
2) No, you can use any password protected server. So if the other teams owns a server you can use it. If not, you can contact an admin via IRC (^^) and borrow one.
3) You can use mercs (players who are not registered on your roster), use a wildcard or get a default loss :/
4) Every player needs to record a demo of every single official match (ladder or tournament)
5) An IRC channel is like a chatroom (e.g. #etf2l). The teamtag is the abbrevation of your team (not necessarily needed but I think you have to put sth there)
6) You connect either to your own, the other teams or a borrowed server. The server needs password protection to stop random people from joining.
7) Yes, as long as you have steam connection I guess … ?
8) Don’t know about that. However, you are not allowed to have 2 of the same class at the same time.

And yeah: l2IRC

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

1) You can leave messages on the forum. The best way though is by IRC, because we will see the response instantly.
2) You don’t have to have a server, but having one will make things easier.
3) You can use a substitute player (called a merc).
4) Yes you must record demos for all official matches. This includes the Highlander Ladder and the Highlander Challenge tournament.
5) The IRC channel is only necessary if you have one, if not then ignore it. The Tag is what will show up under your name, for example my clan is called 9 Men but shows up under my avatar on the forum as -9m-
6) Hopefully a lot of the teams will have their own servers, so matches can be played on them. If neither team has a server, we will have some servers available to use.
7) Yes you can switch unlocks during the game
8) Yes you can change classes, but this must be done inside respawn rooms or when a player is dead. There should never be two of any class on the same team outside of the respawn rooms.

MadeInRussia

BB

Thanks a lot guys. It really helped me out a lot.

MadeInRussia

BB

Oh and a couple more questions.

1) When we register the team do we have to fill in all the things, like the homepage or server?
2) Do we need to have a team avatar?
3) Do we have to upload the demos and screenshots after every match to the site or what? Can you please explain?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I just want to make sure I follow all the rules and do everything correctely =)

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

1) Yes please, just fill in all information you have. more = better
2) It’s not a must, but it looks cool :)
3) No. Record a demo, and keep it on your PC for a few weeks. You only need to upload it if there is a dispute (f.e.: the other team thinking you’re aimbotting or something) THen the admins will want to see your demo :)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

1) No, it’s up to you.
2) The team avatar is extracted from the steam group you are entering. No need for an avatar.
3) The demos can be requested after a match by your opponent or an admin. The chosen players have to make the demos available via upload on the etf2l page or a filehoster. The scoreboard screenshots and a screenshot of the status screen has to be uploaded when submitting the results.

Read the http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rulesgeneral rules[/url] for further information :)

[edit]Ninja’d![/edit]

Last edited by CanFo,

MadeInRussia

BB

Alright. Thanks! You guys just made this way easier for me!

MadeInRussia

BB

A few more questions =)

1) Is the steam ID the same for like counter strike and tf2?
2) Say like 5 players dont show up, we just call the 5 back up players to join the match?
3) And does every player need to take screenshots of the status thing and the scoreboard or just one?

thank =)

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from MadeInRussia

A few more questions =)

1) Is the steam ID the same for like counter strike and tf2?
2) Say like 5 players dont show up, we just call the 5 back up players to join the match?
3) And does every player need to take screenshots of the status thing and the scoreboard or just one?

thank =)

1) Ye, hence why its a SteamID. :P
2) Ye, pretty much. As long the backup players you are calling are on your roster, then its no problem.
3) Just one player on each team needs to take a status screenshot. :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

1)Steam id is the same for all steam games, it’s your steam account. Join a tf2 server, open the console and type, ‘status’. Your steam account number will be displayed next to your name.

2) Yes. The rules are that you have no more than 9 players and no more than one of each class at any one time, plus they all have to be signed up or mercs agreed. But even mercs have to be registered on etf2l.

3) Only one status screen and scoreboard screen is required, however I’d recomend more than 1 person to get them as they sometimes dont work.

Edit: Ninja’d

Last edited by Monkeh,

MadeInRussia

BB

Alright. Thank you. And one more thing.
What is a merc? And do we NEED to have a buddy?

demsii

EPA

A merc (mercenary / ringer / substitute) is a player that isn’t actually on your roster, an opposite clan can agree to letting you use one if you were to be one short. This is a privilege however and not a right, so at all times the enemy team needs to agree to it. No, you don’t NEED a buddy.

kaidus

WiK?

But everyone needs buddies :<

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »