Forum

Division 4 Playoffs

Created 5th November 2008 @ 23:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Redman350

[FB]

There are 12 teams from division 4 in a playoff position at the moment, and yet there are only 5 playoff matches (which include a few division 3 teams). I’m assuming this means that a few of these 12 teams are getting automatic promotion to division 3?

If this is the case (which i think it is), why is it that us (fakkelbrigade 2) and chaotic community have to play 2 matches to qualify, one effectively knocking the other out before they even reach the playoff match, when we’ve both finished in playoff spots?

I may have completely misunderstood your method, but it does seem a bit weird that several teams are getting free rides in when we need to win 2 matches for the same outcome, even though c2 and ourselves played just as well (and in most cases ended up with better points) than the other div4 playoff teams o.O

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

i still dont see any logic in the system that is currently used

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Okay, let me explain.

First off there are 6 division 4 teams playing for a div 3 spot (not 12). As you could have read, the numbers 1 and 2 of every division 4 will be automatically promoted to division 3. The 6 numbers 3 will have to play a playoff match. Also there are only 4 division 3 teams who ended 7th or lower (due to all the drops)

This makes 4 + 6 is 10 teams, and thus 5 playoff matches for a division 3 spot.

Therefor the consequences for FB2 are: Because you tied in points with c2, you have to play a decider match against them. the winner of the match FB2 vs c2 will end second in division 4C, and will earn automatic promotion to div 3. The loser of that match will end 3rd, and have to play the playoff against StarLike.

I can assure you the playoffs are completely fair and well-thought about.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

so this: Division 3 Playoff: starLike vs. [Div 4c, 2nd] information is wrong and it should be 3rd place?

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

oh ah, yes, i’ll change that :) Sorry for the confusion.

Jonni

[FB]

thanks for the explanation anyway :)

Redman350

[FB]

Awesome stuff, thanks for the explanation :)

Mistav

The colors are a bit confusing then ;)

Add A Reply Pages: 1