Forum

Stability and Divisional Placement

Created 26th July 2010 @ 10:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

How many experienceless teams get put in as a last resort?

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Looking at Season 7 where I did division 6 specifically, about a third were on my list as ‘good ladder results’, meaning they were split evenly between the divisions to try and balance them all. Remember though that the remaining two thirds may have teams with a few poor ladder results so I didn’t think they needed to be ‘seeded’, as well as all the teams who had signed up who were already in division 6 from season 6.

Also, priority was given to teams that had played ladder games who were replacing dropped teams.

Skyride

DUCS

Tikcus, I’m being serious, not a dick or anything.

Why don’t you apply to be an etf2l admin?

p.s. I liked not having a name. :(

Last edited by Skyride,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

I would delete his application and then claim it was a bug.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Ok this may attract a little flame, but i cant see many clans wanting to play ten matchs before a league kicks off, but what about ten golden cap rounds of 10 minutes in length, or just ten mini rounds of ten mins.

In theory thats only taking a couple of hours to get all these matchs out of the way, if all teams had a time limit of a week to play these matchs it would probbaly add a decent atmosphere of activity.

Last edited by Black_Bob,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Black_Bob

Ok this may attract a little flame, but i cant see many clans wanting to play ten matchs before a league kicks off…

But dont you see? That’s the point. New teams will have to prove, a) Their skill level, and b) Their commitment to finishing a season by playing at least a few games under ‘comp’ conditions.

Only new teams should be made to play *some* matches, (10 is a random number), before joining a league. Established players/teams can play less, maybe 2 or 3 to prove themselves worthy of the Div they ask for.

Any new team that plays less than 10 matches in preperation for their first season in ETF2L probably doesn’t deserve a spot in the first place, and if they are proper competitive matches against other league wannabes you can be assured that both teams will be doing their best to secure a spot. Think qualifying for the champions league, only much more lucrative!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Tikcus

^ this. Monkeh has hit the nail on the head.

If a new team can not be bothered to play in an entry ladder to prove their worth, the league is better off without them

Daggial

fap

do you really believe admins can know every fucking team registered to this site and valuate their skill level without knowing a single player in them?
they just dont care and put every new team in the same division, and they’re right to do that, or they have to take years just to look at every team gameplay.

Monkeh

Quoted from Daggial

do you really believe admins can know every fucking team registered to this site and valuate their skill level without knowing a single player in them?

Yeah, well the entry ladder does it for them you see. Have you even read the thread you’re posting on?

Also: Quoted from Tikcus

Monkeh has hit the nail on the head.

First time for everything innit.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Waebi

‹Con›

the idea is spot on and should “solve” the problem of unknown teams and make it way easier for admins to place them… I cant really see anything bad about it. (edit: except another effort to set up the “entry” league)

Last edited by Waebi,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

It’s a great idea imo :)

It’s very difficult for the Admins to sort unknown teams and by encouraging them to play more games, it’ll only strengthen their ability to place teams in the correct places. Plus you’re gonna save them hours of debate.

Nice one!

PeopleZ

WWCD

I would just ban the ppl from the dropped team for the that season so that they cant join a new team, maybe teams wouldnt drop than so fast and clanhoppers would have a problem.

dauk

good idea , ladders would actualy become useful

Poop

TSUN~
[PG]

Quoted from PeopleZ

I would just ban the ppl from the dropped team for the that season so that they cant join a new team, maybe teams wouldnt drop than so fast and clanhoppers would have a problem.

+1 maybe not a full season but a few weeks or something.
About 4 teams folded after we beat them which was a bloody waste of time.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Didnt the main team of px fold and move to px2 last season?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »