Forum

TCL?

Created 3rd April 2010 @ 21:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

hänsen

Team Popo!

Quoted from Nmx

If there is a lan @ Amsterdam ( or just NL in general, I’ll join.
Want to see ‘strunkies’ (drunken stoners) puking buckets full.

awesome Admirable Ringer is awesome!

and that random guy puking in the first floor of FB hut was also awesome ~,~

anyway i want this see happen again in enschede! plxx… it’s really far far away for me ( http://maps.google.at/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wien&daddr=enschede&hl=de&geocode=FTad3wIdKtT5ACl_Kp0lmwdtRzHoE6NuBMIEOA%3BFdPTHAMdqyVpACkrBkBxkxO4RzFAYx6NWt4ABA&mra=ls&sll=50.16648,11.58876&sspn=5.20066,14.27124&ie=UTF8&ll=50.282319,11.590576&spn=4.971084,14.27124&z=7 )

in enschede you can go cartdriving, watch movies, play ps3, drink, smoke, wank and do all the other lazy stuff like him: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3760395/Tapley.png

oh and btw.. whos interested: the old (TCL1) pics: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/730936/1/TCL%20Enschede%2009?h=5e65da

herpderp

DAKKA

If it is held in the Netherlands I would advise against Amsterdam.

As someone who lives there, nightlife is ridicoulously expensive (as is the weed btw, 40 Euro’s of weed in Amsterdam is less than it would be in Utrecht or Den Haag). It’s almost impossible to get around (public transport = shit + OV chipcard mess + north-south line drilling mess atm). And cabs are hella expensive. Not to mention that most bars don’t have the advertised beer on tap, they have something cheaper or they water it down.

You’d need to sleep @ the lan or pay for a hilariously expensive and nasty hotel room since there’s no where to camp outside ala i39 (don’t try and camp in the Vondelpark with hobo’s, you’ll most likely get jacked by jamaicans).

The only plus sides I can think of to hold it in Amsterdam would be the fact that you could wander around drunk, blind, deaf and stoned and still be able to locate a coffeeshop (or the red light district).

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

I get the idea French players won’t travel outide of France. They haven’t seemed to up to now so if you want to capitalise on that community it will have to be in France. Scandanavia is an option because there is a large amount of the community there and near by, esp at the top.

Though to be fair coming to the UK via driving can’t be that bad. Wasn’t that much of an issue for TCM at i38. In fact if I remember it was cheaper for them than it was for me to travel within the UK. Just get a ferry.

But yeah, we have our own area for iSeries now too. We almost filled grandstand floor 1. And tbh, we had a minor amount of cod4 and css that you didnt even notice were there, and they only got there because there were some teams that booked late. We could have virtually filled it!

Though I do agree with you that things on site are ridiculously expensive. But most get around that by buying a load of food outside and bringing it in. You’re not allowed to bring your own beer in but what often happens is people just smuggle a spirit in for drinking games around the TF2 area.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from herpderp

If it is held in the Netherlands I would advise against Amsterdam.

As someone who lives there, nightlife is ridicoulously expensive (as is the weed btw, 40 Euro’s of weed in Amsterdam is less than it would be in Utrecht or Den Haag). It’s almost impossible to get around (public transport = shit + OV chipcard mess + north-south line drilling mess atm). And cabs are hella expensive. Not to mention that most bars don’t have the advertised beer on tap, they have something cheaper or they water it down.

You’d need to sleep @ the lan or pay for a hilariously expensive and nasty hotel room since there’s no where to camp outside ala i39 (don’t try and camp in the Vondelpark with hobo’s, you’ll most likely get jacked by jamaicans).

The only plus sides I can think of to hold it in Amsterdam would be the fact that you could wander around drunk, blind, deaf and stoned and still be able to locate a coffeeshop (or the red light district).

Er is meer dan Amsterdam centrum…

Hansa

.idk?

Quoted from Mole

I get the idea French players won’t travel outide of France. They haven’t seemed to up to now so if you want to capitalise on that community it will have to be in France.

That’s true.
But there could be some suprises at the i40 at the end of august ;)

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Qun

[…]
Er is meer dan Amsterdam centrum…

Ja, en dat is nog steeds duur vergeleken met de rest van Nederland. In Utrecht/Den Haag/Den Bosch is het nog steeds goedkoper uitgaan dan Amsterdam.

Het OV is overigens overal in Nederland behoorlijk kut te noemen :P

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Mwah, Public transport isnt expensive and fairly good in Holland.

You will have to look at the playerbase and what you want to achieve. Most important is that you need someone that can organise something this big.
Most players won’t have that much cash to go around (most are 16-24 of age), so a country that is not that expensive has the upperhand. You need good public transport, since most people wont drive here. And last but also important you need other things to do, outside gaming. So going out, carting, etc etc would be an extra plus.

A pre would be a country where most people can understand and speak english, since you’re getting a international community inhouse.

so first thing in mind would be Kazakhstan.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from Andee

Mwah, Public transport isnt expensive and fairly good in Holland.

You will have to look at the playerbase and what you want to achieve. Most important is that you need someone that can organise something this big.
Most players won’t have that much cash to go around (most are 16-24 of age), so a country that is not that expensive has the upperhand. You need good public transport, since most people wont drive here. And last but also important you need other things to do, outside gaming. So going out, carting, etc etc would be an extra plus.

A pre would be a country where most people can understand and speak english, since you’re getting a international community inhouse.

so first thing in mind would be Kazakhstan.

Arbalet cup is in Kazachstan…

I say let’s go to Extremer country so he can’t LANdodge.

Akasazh

THG
HL

I hear the women in riga are pretty damn hot… so im all for a latvian lan ;D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Me Kaidus Jones Beta and Arx roadtripped to holland from the uk and it wasn’t too bad. Road tripping is indeed fun, but you cant rule out an event just because you cant road trip to it! Just get a car ferry and drive the rest of the way ;).

Also with the i-series you can bring you pc and play on it as much or as little as you want. At TCL i was just waiting around to play most of the time and cant play other stuff or just potter around on my own pc during the day.

I feel i-series is the best plan, and will argue any negative points against it! Dont close yourself off to a lan in england, theres plently of ways around what issues you may have. And England really isnt *that* expensive.
But saying that im also open to any other good ideas, France/Belgie is interesting.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from Akasazh

Probably all have scabby fucked up eyes though…

nvc

tf2 world tour a la gumball rally anyone?

Extremer

Quoted from Akasazh

fu

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Me Kaidus Jones Beta and Arx roadtripped to holland from the uk and it wasn’t too bad. Road tripping is indeed fun, but you cant rule out an event just because you cant road trip to it! Just get a car ferry and drive the rest of the way ;).

Also with the i-series you can bring you pc and play on it as much or as little as you want. At TCL i was just waiting around to play most of the time and cant play other stuff or just potter around on my own pc during the day.

I feel i-series is the best plan, and will argue any negative points against it! Dont close yourself off to a lan in england, theres plently of ways around what issues you may have. And England really isnt *that* expensive.
But saying that im also open to any other good ideas, France/Belgie is interesting.

Can you imagine road tripping if we’d all had to bring our PCs though? :D

longas

Come to spain!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »