Forum

TCL?

Created 3rd April 2010 @ 21:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Quoted from Qun

The social activities of iSeries are so fucking boring. I rather go to a LAN in a big city where there’s some nightlife.

Pubquiz is one of the most lame things I ever saw.

wtf? Who did you hang about with? i39 has been a lan of drunk. More time was spent in the bar than playing games. Massive amounts of social! You came to i37 though didn’t you? Wasn’t quite the same.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

+1 kudo’s for Dunc to see the pro marijuana reason. I don’t know about the playerbase. I think you got a point there. And would this be a multigaming platform? That would be a downside to the playerbase also.

The downside to the marijuana arguement is, that you aren’t allowed to smoke it inside the location. Its illigal to smoke in public buildings.

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from Mole

[…]
wtf? Who did you hang about with? i39 has been a lan of drunk. More time was spent in the bar than playing games. Massive amounts of social! You came to i37 though didn’t you? Wasn’t quite the same.

i37 yeah, but still. I don’t like staying at the venue all the time with 1000 nerds, rather go out to some clubs or bars. One of the reasons I don’t wanna LAN anymore.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Well most of the event was spent in the bar by many, with a big group of us regularly there. There were a few groups that did go out to the pub down the road too, and at one point there was discussion of going out somewhere nearby but it didn’t happen in the end.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

If there is a lan @ Amsterdam ( or just NL in general, I’ll join.

Want to see ‘strunkies’ (drunken stoners) puking buckets full.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Qun

I know an awesome venue in Amsterdam.

Good!

Quoted from Qun

[…]
If you pay for the too expensive tickets and other too expensive stuff in the UK.

Seconded

Lastly, I would rather go to a LAN based on our community than a random LAN with cs-nerds, not to mention the point of not being able to roadtrip to the LAN AND UK being fail. Who would say no to legal mary jane?!

nvc

Quoted from fisk

[…]

Good!

[…]

Seconded

Lastly, I would rather go to a LAN based on our community than a random LAN with cs-nerds, not to mention the point of not being able to roadtrip to the LAN AND UK being fail. Who would say no to legal mary jane?!

You didn’t goto TCL (did you?) so your point is invalid.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Quoted from nvc

[…]

afaik he did.

Skyride

DUCS

tbh, its probably cheaper for me to go to Amsterdam than Newbury, so i’d definately be going. :P

fisk

KiH
KiH

I did indeed go to TCL. Learn to check your surroundings rather than just your closest friends ;)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from fisk

[…]

Good!

[…]

Seconded

I-series is split up between buildings and floor, TF2 has their own floor and we’re all sat together so having random cs nerds is really irrelevant :p.
You can road trip to the uk, get on a boat?

Im one of the few people thats been to i39 and the TCL and i39 >>>>>>> TCL (no disrespect as TCL was good!) But the only points your making at the moment is.

Smoking Weed – Anyone at the i39 who wanted to get stoned could, and did. Not that im saying thats good or bad, but if your saying you wont go to lan because you cant smoke weed….there you go :p.

And you can road trip to england, its just more auqward.

Maybe we could organise another TCL but you guys need to know what you want to do at the TCL, and obviously someone to organise it as its a fuck ton of work with little or no thanks :].

Qun

GoT<3

Quoted from nvc

[…]

fisk is still TCL hero imo.

fisk

KiH
KiH

Quoted from Qun

[…]
fisk is still TCL hero imo.

=)

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

I-series is split up between buildings and floor, TF2 has their own floor and we’re all sat together so having random cs nerds is really irrelevant :p.
You can road trip to the uk, get on a boat?

Im one of the few people thats been to i39 and the TCL and i39 >>>>>>> TCL (no disrespect as TCL was good!) But the only points your making at the moment is.

Smoking Weed – Anyone at the i39 who wanted to get stoned could, and did. Not that im saying thats good or bad, but if your saying you wont go to lan because you cant smoke weed….there you go :p.

And you can road trip to england, its just more auqward.

Maybe we could organise another TCL but you guys need to know what you want to do at the TCL, and obviously someone to organise it as its a fuck ton of work with little or no thanks :].

That sounds somewhat good regarding splitting the event up, however theres still the point that UK is expensive and hard to get to if you want cheap alternatives from eastern germany (or beyond) and scandinavia. Sure, I can hop on a plane, but compared to getting a minibus with 8 other guys and go on a roadtrip through europe(which was also cheaper than flying) I’d rather pick the roadtrip. And as I said earlier, check the map. Roadtripping to enschede (which is on the eastern border of netherlands) was really tough on everyone involved even if we had a lot of fun sitting nine guys cramped in a small bus for 12 hours… let’s just say the AC was smelling like sweat in the end. :/ All I’m saying is Amsterdam is really the border of where I’ll go on a roadtrip, IF I go to the i-series (I’m not ruling it out!) I will most likely take the plane, tho it’d be more expensive and less fun to do. :(

Spank

I second what fisk have said and will say in future posts.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

You’ll want a decent player-base in the country you are holding such a LAN.
In Europe that means: UK, Germany or France i think. I don’t think there are other countries with a lot of players (besides Scandinavia). Germany is too stuck-up about FPS games. Some find the UK being too far, I suppose the same applies to France.

Conclusion: go Belgium :D not that many Belgian teams, but it lies directly next to France, Germany and also the UK. (And it’s also not that much further than Enschede in general, 2/3 hours from there.)

But in general: you must have someone wanting to organize an event like this, and they get to decide where it is ;) Finding a someone like that is the hardest part, you can only think about other things when you have an organization.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »