Forum

Gamers Assembly 2015

Created 9th January 2015 @ 21:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Twiggy

swole.
HL

When?
Saturday April 4th to Monday 6th — the place welcomes players starting Friday 3th at 18:00CET.

Where?
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=46.582744,0.373748&z=16&t=m&hl=fr&gl=FR&mapclient=embed&q=11+Rue+Salvador+Allende+86000+Poitiers

How much?
– €50 per player
– €15 for a manager pass (limited to one per team)
– €15 for monitor rental (19″ ASUS 60 Hz VGA input)
– As a visitor, it will cost you €2 per day or €5 for 3 days. To have access to the players
halls you’ll have to pay €10 for 3 days.

Where to sleep?
Hotels in Poitiers are around 40€ / 2 nights. Sleeping on the site was possible last year, but is yet to be confirmed

What’s to win?
It depends on the attendance. Last year the total prize pot was of €1350 with 9 registered teams. 50% of the fees are used for the prize money.

Why should I come?
– Frenchies are actually way nicer in real life than on the internet — I swear ;)
– It’s also cheaper than i-Series and almost as big nowadays.
– You play way more matches in french LANs (last GA’lloween each team played 11 maps minimum over 2 days).
– Usually the tournament is split in 2 or 3 phases, the first one being used to draft skill groups for the next ones which guarantees you fun and balanced matches.

TFTV news :

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/21993/gamers-assembly-2015-prepare-to-fight

plz dont -frag me

Last edited by Twiggy,

the maps link is broken

etf2l doesn’t have downfrags

I would’ve checked it out if it was more central, but I guess that’s personal preference. Nice LAN!

Herr_P

IKEA

Any travelling tips?

kaidus

WiK?

Any specific info on the tournament structure?

Last edited by kaidus,

Leyo

Z&Co

Quoted from Twiggy

– Frenchies are actually way nicer in real life than on the internet

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Twiggy

Why should I come?

Because the bakery behind the old GA venue (where most of the hotels are) is so fucking good… Seriously, I think I will come to GA regardless of having a team…… That boulanger in the morning, and buffalo grill in the evening FUCK YES :D

But seriously, yeah, frenchies are awesome, everyone is really nice, would visit again A++++

LETS GO KAIDUS

.Cali

TF2Co

Q+ en LAN ♥

rockie

lithuania lan killer?

fmapkmn

Z&Co
[NoL]

Quoted from kKaltUu

the maps link is broken

The adress is the following: 1 Rue Salvador Allende, 86000 Poitiers
Here is the link from Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps?ll=46.582744,0.373748&z=16&t=m&hl=fr&gl=FR&mapclient=embed&q=11+Rue+Salvador+Allende+86000+Poitiers
Quoted from kaidus

Any specific info on the tournament structure?

Depends how many teams will come in Gamers Assembly.

Last edited by fmapkmn,

Twiggy

swole.
HL

Fixed map link, thanks Fma :p

Tournament structure : Usually announced last when LAN admin is confirmed, expect stuff like 1 big pool phase (6 teams/pool usually) into skill groups of 4 teams playing some kind of double elimination bo3 bracket. At least that’s what was done last GA’lloween.

Travelling tips : Poitiers has an airport but the connected euro airports are pretty bad if you’re not british :
http://www.poitiers.aeroport.fr/en/destinations/list

Belgians/Alsacians usually either drive directly to Poitiers or take a train to Paris/Lyon then find a carpooling.

AFAIK carpooling from Paris is about 40€/person

There is train lines as well, technically you can reach poitiers from London, Amsterdam or Köln, but it’s not cheap at all :
2 way Amsterdam/Poitiers is more than 200€
2 way Amsterdam/Paris is around 100€

Pretty sure prices are roughly the same for London/Paris and Köln/Paris

Reaching Bruxelles from anywhere in EU then carpool or taking a train seems doable tho

So either you manage to land at Poitiers airport either you find a way to carpool i’d say.

Maybe skeej knows more cuz he did it already.

Last edited by Twiggy,

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Quoted from kKaltUu

the maps link is broken

I would’ve checked it out if it was more central, but I guess that’s personal preference. Nice LAN!

7 hour drive x)

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from sno

[…]

7 hour drive x)

You can add a few hours to that because of the terrible traffic jams @ the ring of paris

3BOUCHON5ME

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Traveling by train would be way more comfortable imo, but indeed pricier, yet not as pricey as you seem to estimate Twiggy. I can find 2-way tickets Amsterdam-Poitiers starting from 126 euros, which includes traveling by Thalys & TGV.

Last edited by skeej,

CHERRY

Quoted from kKaltUu

the maps link is broken

I’ve been on a bus trip from Warsaw to Barcelona once.
2,628 km :O

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Looking for chance to make a mix, or to join a lineup as sol/med

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »