Forum

How would I go about organising a tourny at i52?

Created 8th April 2014 @ 12:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Hey, not wanting to step on anyone’s toes in Multiplay or the insomnia tf2 crew, but I’d like to propose T-A! hosting a Highlander tourny at the i52 LAN.

Due to i49’s HL cup only having like 4-5 teams, I was hoping to set up an Awesome-Cup and throw down some beer money in for the prize.
I’d do my best to sort out coverage again for the cup and try to publicise it as much as possible.

I understand the main focus of LAN is 6s for the majority of people but im sure we could do a HL tourny on the following day, generate some interest, beer prize money, coverage and have a piss up after party in the bar afterwards ;D

Who is the best person to talk to about setting this up?
Add me on steam if you are that person!

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Nymthae

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

ty

Spycy

TC.Express

GOGO ROB FANCLUB.

I’m totally up for some HL for i52.
I can $$$

Selek

Dr. med.

Thanks for your effort, I would appreciate a HL tournament as well :)

Blooddrunk

Nein

If theres a Highlander-Tournament, too I will come for sure.

Last edited by Blooddrunk,

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Please make sure you talk to Scotland Tapley ❤ , he has moved mountains for the iseries and TF2 in the past. I’m sure he can point you to the tips and tops involving a tourney at insomnia.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

supporting that shit. maybe we can convince all of T9 to come to LAN then :D

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Please, please, please translate these words of support into actions. I’d love to have a proper highlander tournament going, and i’ll speak and work with Rob on this but it’s only ever going to work if we have enough teams and teams that actually turn up and play :D

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Shit be happening

Black_Bob

[DA]

Yep last years tournament was a bit of a farce, so few teams entered and only a few who did wanted to play their matches, cant blame most people for wanting to watch the 6’s when the Americans and Australians were over.

Im sure there will be a few folks from ad interested if ones happening :) (just make sure it does not clash with the dota tourney :D)

Also make sure the rules are clearly agreed especially how the maps are chosen at the end usually a touchy subject!

Candle

pay my trip pls

beta

RaWr ::

The problem you usually have of doing multiple same game related tournaments at i-events is that they usually have to run at the same time.

This means that a 6’s player, couldn’t necessarily take part in a HL game. This causes delays and makes everyone unhappy. This is why we haven’t really had a HL tournament until the 6’s has finished.

The only option you would have is to run the HL tournament on the Sunday. This again might clash for some…only 12 people ;) but then you must complete the tournament in 1 day. Is that really feasible?

quintosh

wL.

do people really go to bed/get drunk instantly after playing their games?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from quintosh

do people really go to bed/get drunk instantly after playing their games?

What do you mean, after playing their games?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »