Forum

i51 - 18th to 21st April - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 19th January 2014 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

whats this I hear about not being a prized tournament for TF2 at I51?

Switch

soL.
T⑨

WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

pls confirm

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

He hasn’t heard anything which is sort of a good sign. From what I remember last year they were very late to sort out the sponsorship with Aquatuning. Based on a conversation with Pascal at the winter event they are still on board for this year.

If they weren’t going to do a prize tournament it’s entirely likely a fun tournament would have been announced already. I will drop a ticket in and try get some idea of what the current status is though.

Side note: seat picker open.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Welp, good of them to inform before lots of people booked…

Hey Michelle,

We currently are not planning to run a Prize tournament for TF2 during Winter and Easter events due to the low turn out and through all our support for TF2 for summer.

I’m happy if yourself and community want to run a community tournament. If you want to chat drop me a email

Now the options. If you’ve booked – go anyway. Try another game/don’t play a tournament, would be cool to see Ricoh before summer.

If you want to cancel – you need to submit a ticket to multiplay. You will receive £10 less back on a refund (if you paid £70 they refund £60 etc.)

Thoughts? I don’t mind running something if there’s actually going to be people, but I realise it’s not so feasible for some teams that were hoping to make back their costs. I don’t have a ticket yet myself which is very frustrating. I’d go to the event, but now i’m having to pay £112 as opposed to the ~£74 I would have paid if i’d have known.

If we do run something i’m assuming there won’t be any stage time (slim possibility if we rush it through on Saturday I suppose. Would depend on what else Multiplay have planned).

I’m sorry, I didn’t know :( I figured they were being slow, as they have been for the past couple of years.

Edit: On a tournament front – anything other than 6v6 possibly a consideration? Not highlander (lol, numbers) but ultiduo or something? something to spark interest possibly. I’d need to run it by Multiplay before the go-ahead but it might be a more fun option if people are actually still planning to go.

Last edited by Nymthae,

Henghast

open
bobs

That really sucks, hopefully we can still have a laugh.

rytis

PrettyGay

tf2 is dead

huhystah

Come to lithuanian LAN :D Even we have some prizes available.

Last edited by huhystah,

Henghast

open
bobs

it’s a little far.

Good to see you are ditching your Slavic brothers Henghast.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Any possibility of a cup with a free ticket to i52 as the prize? I would come if that was the prize, I don’t really care about the other prizes.

Really sucks though.

huhystah

Quoted from Henghast

it’s a little far.

Anderson and Coleman are coming. They are both looking for players :)

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

Good to see you are ditching your Slavic brothers Henghast.

My money is paid for I51 already there is no choice really I cannot be throwing the cash around.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Iseries is pretty much bullshit now in my opinion. Outside of the summer LAN there is no reason to go as it’s too expensive for what it is. We could do with some more smaller community lans.

Quoted from Nymthae

I’d go to the event, but now i’m having to pay £112 as opposed to the ~£74 I would have paid if i’d have known.

Tbh Nym, that’s a lot of money. Too much for anyone, let alone you who are doing the work for TF2.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »