Forum

i47

Created 28th August 2012 @ 16:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Skyride

DUCS

So what’s the plan guys? Usually I just give winter i-series a miss, but I was speaking to Comedian on Monday and I think it’d be fucking crazy to do that with the momentum we’ve got going now. Me and him would both be up for going to do VTV stuff again, but obviously it’s going to be hard to justify if we only have 3 teams and no tournament.

torden

broder
syster

If I’m still in Manchester at that point, I’ll show up for sure.

Gubbins

Op4

If there’s a general level of interest, I’d love to try at least 1 winter lan

Squirry

nNT ≠

I already said it, but if u can get more outside-TF2 footage would be nice for the Winter and Spring LAN. Some people are under 18, and need like some stuff to convince their family, that a LAN is a safe place, and u did nice work with VTV introduction, in i45 and i43, what about doing it again, in i47 or i48, before the next BIGGEST event :D

Let’s start the hype (8)

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I’m guessing Multiplay will be considering not even bothering with a tournament.

Honestly, I don’t think it will happen. There seemed like a lot of communities not even bothering with the 6v6 this time, maybe because of the prospect of every game being rolled against them, I don’t know, but the chances of getting a decent set of teams is somewhat slim. I’m unlikely to go purely because of the timing, and then there’s the cost as i’ve been to both spring/summer events – I don’t get my ticket paid like VTV :p

That said, if you could actually roll a few of the better teams in, there would be so little to do with such a small tournament you could probably get some really good coverage and show matches. I’m almost sure MP won’t bother with prize funds though, the agreement really was to plug it all into summer in exchange for not bothering with winter.

KFC

(\")>

Quoted from Nymthae

I’m guessing Multiplay will be considering not even bothering with a tournament.

Honestly, I don’t think it will happen. There seemed like a lot of communities not even bothering with the 6v6 this time, maybe because of the prospect of every game being rolled against them, I don’t know, but the chances of getting a decent set of teams is somewhat slim. I’m unlikely to go purely because of the timing, and then there’s the cost as i’ve been to both spring/summer events – I don’t get my ticket paid like VTV :p

That said, if you could actually roll a few of the better teams in, there would be so little to do with such a small tournament you could probably get some really good coverage and show matches. I’m almost sure MP won’t bother with prize funds though, the agreement really was to plug it all into summer in exchange for not bothering with winter.

vtv have to pay for tickets too afaik

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from KFC

[…]

vtv have to pay for tickets too afaik

I thought they get so many through on press pass’? I think there’s a limit on how many though.

KFC

(\")>

Quoted from Nymthae

[…]

I thought they get so many through on press pass’? I think there’s a limit on how many though.

No clue, but most of the VTV guys were talking about finally getting their tickets, that sort of thing.

WOODY[

Op4

winter lan is sick. if i get the moneys i will 100% go

can do

FIR

SnG

will gladly go if people go, i dont like being lonely :(

Edd

T2P

winterlan is the best lan, i41 one of the two best iseries i been too. i44 was ok too

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Would be rude not to really

MEGAMIDDIE

perhaps
gonna talk to some people tonight about it

tbh I think it’s just a case of ‘get the ball rolling’. What seems to happen sometimes is like ‘nobody I know’s going,’ if a few brave souls just stick their head out and go, get early tickets etc, then we’ll definately get a chain reaction. I’d do it, but not very many know or like me, so it seems like it might not be a good idea. Need dem dblmix kings everyone knows and loves to go.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

TEZC CU@

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »