Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 45 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Califax

Did we just hit 400?!?!! With 388 people signed up and 12 americans coming over?

Yep, and that figure doesnt include TCM/INFUSED/EPSILON either :]

I want 500 plox.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Squirry

nNT ≠

hype hype hhype… :'( Cover it as always guys :3 Looking forward to hear introduction, interviews and common stuff

Black_Bob

[DA]

If we get 500 will multiplay allow us a later finals time? no one will watch css anyway just make them later again past midnight like last summer, they got record viewing figures last time they wont complain :P

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

Yep, and that figure doesnt include TCM/INFUSED/EPSILON either :]

I want 500 plox.

Didnt even think about TCM indeed. Infused however are allready on the list, and Epsilon are in “Other games”.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Last edited by Califax,

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Tapley ❤

[…]

We do have to as it is all tied in with the multiplay TF2 servers and bracketing and scoring system etc. (its complicated).

I’m speaking with the developers currently to define what we can and can’t do and hopefully get it sorted. It all depends on how many teams sign up but hopefully we can squeeze the LBF UBF and Semi final into BO3 (as long as you dont mind staying up late on saturday boys and girls) as well having the “Elite group” at the start. Bear with me will let you know more.

Any update on this yet Tappers? :)

shdwpuppet

unless tapley is adding them after his counting, the american teams arent added to the game yet. I am doing that tonight~

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Califax

[…]

Any update on this yet Tappers? :)

After spending hours of exploring this idea for those who wanted it, thinking of every concievable way, with the clanforge system, with our time constraints its just not possible. The invite group would be nice but we can’t do it i’m afraid the developers are too busy to make such a big change to the system so close to the event.

End of the day it makes the latter stage of the tournaments more exciting, we’ll be able to play a lot of the crunch games later on where the top seeds meet as BO3 so that’ll be lots of quality casting time for eXtv and VTV.

Most of the top seeds should play each other at least once anyway, they may however miss out playing one of the other teams, but like i say theres a few hours free before the final if anyone wants to cast show matches with teams that didn’t get a chance to duke it out.

Besides this is a community tournament at the end of the day and the reason you have a chance to win so much money is because of all the community teams who paid their cash, all they want is a chance to airshot darn ;). I welcome feedback at the end of the tourny for the future but this format has never failed to excite.

Lets get back to building the HYPE! (Wheres our I-series cheerleader Monkeh when you need him)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Just do the groups as normal and put in default wins for the top eight teams.
Then have them playing in round robin of show matches instead!

Califax

dyn.

Ok, thanks a lot for at least exploring the option Tapley, i understand the complications.
Still think it’s a bit of a shame, but that’s the last you’ll hear about it from me. :)

Now back to business, BUILD THE HYPE!!! :D

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Califax

Ok, thanks a lot for at least exploring the option Tapley, i understand the complications.
Still think it’s a bit of a shame, but that’s the last you’ll hear about it from me. :)

Now back to business, BUILD THE HYPE!!! :D

I agree, for all the shit I gave you about format, you have been a true hero of TF2, a lot of the organisational and financial things surrounding the american teams would not have been nearly possible without you by our side, day in and day out. I vote that tapley not have to buy his own alcohol at lan.

I will buy tapley a can of supertenants or special brew, depending on his preference, and 2 if he drinks them from a shoe

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Shoe?! If im going to drink from footwear again its gotta beat the welly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HczJeYx3BAs

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

MPUK have now donated over a £1000 to the donations now by giving us another 6 tickets for the Americans!
Americans please bring some form of jerky over with you as payment :].

398 now signed up, hype?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Paul “RedeYe” Chaloner and A_Spec hosting. HYPE!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah glad to see redeye back, probably one of the best e-sports presenters in the UK.

(Read in Professor Farnsworth voice) Good News Everyone! I’ve got the final pushed back slightly to 17:00 so we have more time to make a lot of the knockout games BO3 and or possibly staggering the latter stages of the knockouts so every game gets casted hour after hour so the viewers of VTV get lots of quality games without missing out. Also this gives the Americans a chance to wake up rather than tuneing in at 8am or somthing :].

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 35 36 37 ... 45 Next »