Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 45 Next »

NeoThermic

Quoted from kaidus

Since TF2 is most likely going to be one of the most “in-house” spectated final, any chance they could get a sixth monitor facing the audience (the ones that show each players pov)?

From memory there’s only 10 stage TVs, meaning 5 per side. It’s also the issue that the TVs are so large that you can only fit 5 per side. Where would you put the 6th? I’ll pass this idea along, mind.

kaidus

WiK?

There’s a huge gap in the middle of the two sets of monitors. The players don’t have bendy vision so I’m fairly sure it’s safe to have the sets closer together if it means not having a random player from each team missing a pov for the crowd. I guess it covers the insomnia logo from the commentator booth which maybe poses some problems for you at multiplay, but for spectators I think it’s a nice trade.

Edit: This assumes that http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7046/7000961320_5b6478b6a3.jpg is a relevant reference.

Last edited by kaidus,

NeoThermic

Quoted from kaidus

There’s a huge gap in the middle of the two sets of monitors.

That huge gap is so people can get to the computers and commentator area. If you plonked two monitors in the way of this you’d have issues getting from front of stage to the back of it :)

Comedian

inb4 i kick over one of the screens and destroy it

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from NeoThermic

[…]

That huge gap is so people can get to the computers and commentator area. If you plonked two monitors in the way of this you’d have issues getting from front of stage to the back of it :)

As far as I can see there’s space at the back (behind the PCs, not the backdrop) for people to walk back and fourth and an abundance of side access?

Last edited by kaidus,

NeoThermic

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

As far as I can see there’s space at the back (behind the PCs, not the backdrop) for people to walk back and fourth and an abundance of side access?

Not really. You can’t block that middle passage for three main reasons:

1) there’s lots of front of stage to back of stage traffic (just look at how the teams & casters were introduced at i45, you could not do that if you blocked that access)
2) The good old chestnut of H&S would complain about ease of escape from the stage
3) Coverage wise, if I have to walk off the stage to walk behind the players, I’m going to be missing a bucketload of shots. That’s even assuming I can actually walk behind the players without disturbing them.

Not to be mean or anything, but there’s two tournies at the iseries which could do with 6 monitors; TF2 and CoD (from memory). The rest don’t need 6 per side, so I can’t see justification there.

If a stage layout can be drawn up that allows 12 monitors to fit frontward facing *and* we actually have 12 monitors, I can’t see why not, but it can’t be done with the current stage layout.

Snyyppis

RLM

No one needs to see the medics pov anyway am I right????

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Snyyppis

No one needs to see the medics pov anyway am I right????

;~~; MOST INTERESTING POV

Comedian

would it be an option to get a smaller screen for that 6th PoV as an inbetween solution? not perfect, but at least something

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Comedian

would it be an option to get a smaller screen for that 6th PoV as an inbetween solution? not perfect, but at least something

Would look pretty shoddy. I mean, it looks shoddy at the moment anyway but at least at a glance you don’t notice.

Last edited by kaidus,

NeoThermic

Quoted from Comedian

We once had TVs provided to us.. from memory there were all the same size bar two. Shedboy was having such a fit about it that we had to hide those two..

Comedian

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

Would look pretty shoddy. I mean, it looks shoddy at the moment anyway but at least at a glance you don’t notice.

im sure the guys at mplay can think of something!

Quoted from NeoThermic

[…]

We once had TVs provided to us.. from memory there were all the same size bar two. Shedboy was having such a fit about it that we had to hide those two..

coincidence? i think not!

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I think the problem is, is that the TV’s are bigger than one players area so they kinda of over lap until youget to the end when there is no room for the last one, i guess the only want to sort that out is if you add like a square of extra stage on either ends so you can push the first monitor to the side a bit more then you’d be able to fit them all without blocking in the casters. Not sure how feasable that is though.

kaidus

WiK?

If I remember correctly a lot of the finalists from i43 bitched about a severe lack of space; greater motivation perhaps?

Last edited by kaidus,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Can we have proper double elimination with a potential 2x bo3 in the grand final? Works awesome for ESEA and literally every other tournament ever… :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 45 Next »