Forum

I43 - 26-29th August - Official Chat/Questions Thread

Created 28th April 2011 @ 16:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 18 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Shoot the breeze here about the upcoming event! Any questions/comments/suggestions Please ask!

rtan

-9w-

can’t make it, my girlfriends sister is getting married on friday :(

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from rtan

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/Lelouch_Fangirl/fuuuuu.png

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Can you bring it forward so i can come?

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Quoted from rtan

Quoted from Matt

Can you bring it forward so i can come?

Wait a minute……….

Don’t forget guys there is often someone in #Insomnia-TF2 that can help too. Even if its not an admin there are regular iSeries TF2 veterans such as Nymthae and Frymaster that might be able to answer your questions.

Last edited by Mole,

Spike Himself

TC

First-timer here!

– How close to the seats can I get with my car? (ie how much actual carrying do I and my pc need to undergo?) Yes it really is that heavy.

– What are the alternatives to sleeping in a tent? I don’t mind but my gf refuses to go if she has to sleep in a tent (and I don’t fancy paying 50 quid a night for a hotel, or getting her transport to/from it for that matter)

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

First-timer here!

– How close to the seats can I get with my car? (ie how much actual carrying do I and my pc need to undergo?) Yes it really is that heavy.

– What are the alternatives to sleeping in a tent? I don’t mind but my gf refuses to go if she has to sleep in a tent (and I don’t fancy paying 50 quid a night for a hotel, or getting her transport to/from it for that matter)

Close, dont bring her, seriously who brings a girlfriend to lan. Or just tell her to woman the fuck up, it is a tent.

kuma

First-timer here!

Not sure where the TF2 tent will be placed, but if it’s in the front camping area then you could probably park literally outside of it. Even so you could park reasonably close to anywhere in the venue so unless you’re 4’5 then carrying a computer for 2 mins shouldn’t be hard.

I stayed in the Tot Hill Travelodge, about a 10min drive away. Cost about £30 a night for a room, though can’t remember exactly.

Last edited by kuma,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

First-timer here!

Theres drop off points right outside so no lan exercise for you! Book hotels now as it’ll be cheaper, have a gander at google maps for ones close by, it is a pain in the arse taxi’ing to and from there though.

kuma

One of Matt’s hobbies is eyeing up girls but not speaking to them, so ofc he would say that.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from kuma

One of Matt’s hobbies is eyeing up girls but not speaking to them, so ofc he would say that.

If it was not a lan I would have talked to that FIT polish cleaner, but I mean, how do you even breach the subject. “Hi I am here to play games…………………”

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

For getting your machine there, you are going to have to carry it either way. Not sure what the plan is going to be at the event because it may change due to the size of it, but you can park your car just inside, right outside the building and take your stuff in then move your car.

As for accommodation, there is none available on-site apart from camping (or bring a caravan? :P). There is a list of hotels and such that you can book into on the iSeries website but you are going to need to get taxi’s back and forth or beg someone for lifts if they haven’t drank.

iSeries Hotel Guide

kuma

Quoted from Matt

[…]

If it was not a lan I would have talked to that FIT polish cleaner, but I mean, how do you even breach the subject. “Hi I am here to play games…………………”

Just show your muscles and pretend you only play for fun, seeing as you got knocked out in the group stages would have been easy to spend time with her ;)

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from kuma

[…]

Just show your muscles and pretend you only play for fun, seeing as you got knocked out in the group stages would have been easy to spend time with her ;)

OUCH.

Looking to attend this as my first Lan ever.
Seeing as I’m from Germany though, I’m considerably unsure about the best way of actually getting there myself (and my pc in one piece).

Anyone else from abroad got some advice on the best way to do it?

Last edited by Lord Benjamin,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 18 Next »