Forum

epic.LAN £1000 Team Fortress 2 Tournament at epic.FIVE!

Created 6th September 2010 @ 18:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

winbar

The epic.LAN team is very pleased to announce their return to organising competitive tournaments, after a couple of years away, and for our first tournament we can now confirm that epic.FIVE will play host to a £1000 Team Fortress 2 Tournament.

The epic.FIVE LAN Party takes place from 24th – 27th February 2011 at Uttoxeter Racecourse, Staffordshire, UK and will have around 200 spaces for this event. A launch discount is currently in place until 6pm 1st November.

Casual TF2 is already enjoyed both at our events and online with epic’s existing community , so it was the natural choice of a launch tournament for us.

We’re also very excited to confirm our new Gaming Team which will be taking charge of planning and running our tournament series both for TF2 and other future tournament games. The ‘dynamic duo’ of Nivek & Dunceantix will be managing our new team, with the well-known pairing of Tapley and Mole along for the TF2 ride.

There is plenty of time between now and the event for us to plan a great tournament for the Team Fortress, and I know from speaking to Tapley & Mole that they’re planning on involving you guys in the discussions to give you an enjoyable and well-managed tournament.

So for more information about the tournament, the event, and to book your place head over to:
epic.FIVE Page
TF2 Tournament Page
Announcement

Last edited by winbar,

ilike2spin

RLM

Cool, great seeing new events.

Dunceantix

epic.

I’m Batman, and Nivek is clearly Robin…. :)

SoniX

TEZC
TEZC

Good news :) TwistedPlay are certainly interested in attending

Qun

GoT<3

Really nice!

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The price tag and the fact its much closer to me are both very interesting, if i’m teamed up by then then we’ll see :)

Edd

T2P

cu there

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

It’s epic!

winbar

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

It’s epic!

I agree, but then again, I would say that!

Slick

Epsilon

very nice one, its up to the “brit” teams to fill up this one. I don’t see any euro teams going just yet, as the prize is abit too low for the big orgs.

So come on, fill it up! Rawr to take the prize??? !!

Nivek

epic.

Hi all, if you have any questions you can post here, email [email protected] or grab one of us in #epic.lan on quakenet irc.

Look forward to seeing you all at the event!

Menace

we’ll be attending :)

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

can anyone lift from oxford/anyone putting together a mix team?

Murray-Mint

Hi,

I’m Murray-Mint and I’m in charge of the technical side of epic.LAN, from the network and internet connection through to the website and other things that make the LANs better. I thought I’d introduce myself and let you know some of the things we’re planning for the tournament and get feedback, allow you to give suggestions and find out what you want.

One of the things that helps us with epic.LAN is we have our own server management system. This allows us to create and control multiple servers, very quickly with many different profiles from a web interface. There’s a link to some screenshots below.

We’ll be using this to control all the tournament servers and to make sure they’re running the right configs, maps and mods. What we’re also going to try and do, depending on server resources, is to allow teams to create their own servers. You’ll be able to easily run a practice server for your team or for a friendly/pcw.

Linked into this is our tournament system. I’m still in the process of writing it, but the underlying structure is done and it could run a tournament right now, although it wouldn’t be easy to use! I’ve put some screenshots in as well.

It supports groups, single elim, double elim, leagues and I’m going to try and put support for ladders as well. It will let you know when your matches are, allow you to enter the scores yourself and because it’s linked to our server system, it’ll even start the server for you.

One of the things we’ve said is that we want to make this a good tournament for the TF2 community and this is where you can help us. When you’re playing in a tournament, what do you want to be able to see and do? How do you want to enter scores, view matches, etc. What issues annoy you with other tournament systems? Are there any features that you really like, are there any you hate?

Screenshots of our server system and our tournament system can be found on our gallery: http://www.epiclan.co.uk/gallery/Preview

winbar

Quick reminder that there are just over 3 weeks until the end of our launch discount for epic.FIVE. So if anybody wants to save themselves a few £’s then grab your seat before 6pm 1st November.

Have a couple of teams starting to get themselves sorted and provisionally signed up now. Keep an eye on the attendance list to see who is going.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »