Forum

broeselhud_blue

Created 30th October 2013 @ 18:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Sash

[…]
Looks similar for me. I can only see the first digit of the ping.

This is due to the update and it’s not due to the hudlayout change (it happens without adding ctfkillstreaknotice as well). Don’t know how to fix that yet but I will eventually…

Quoted from Admirable

Could anyone tell me which files do I need to remove/edit to stop the crash on startup from previous versions of BroeselHUD? Got a lot of customisations I don’t want to overwrite.

I added “CTFKillStreakNotice” element to hudlayout.res and I deleted 5 MvM*.res files, but still crashing on launch.

Most importantly, delete WaveCompleteSummaryPanel to prevent the startup crash. Also, I deleted HudCurrencyAccount, HudMannVsMachineStatus, HudPVEWinPanel, the 5 files that start with MVM, TankProgressBar, TankStatusPanel, and WaveStatusPanel. Then I edited scoreboard.res to remove broeselhud scoreboard from MVM and changed something at the bottom of hudlayout.res to make MVM HUD entirely default.

Last edited by feeling,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Thanks man!

feeling

ist doof

* Fixed ping getting cut off in the scoreboard due to the new streaks column.

Scoreboard file only: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8320354/scoreboard.res.html
(DL link in the start post is updated as well)

Thanks to Benroads for the idea, just had to reduce the name_width value. This is not an optimal solution in my opinion, so I hope there will be an option to remove the streaks column eventually.

Last edited by feeling,

sλayeR

Quoted from feeling

* Fixed ping getting cut off in the scoreboard due to the new streaks column.

Scoreboard file only: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8320354/scoreboard.res.html
(DL link in the start post is updated as well)

Thanks to Benroads for the idea, just had to reduce the name_width value. This is not an optimal solution in my opinion, so I hope there will be an option to remove the streaks column eventually.

Still i see only the first digit of the ping. Thanks for the fixes thought. Keep up the good work!

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from sλayeR

Still i see only the first digit of the ping. Thanks for the fixes thought. Keep up the good work!

Then you have a low resolution? It will work for every resolution equal to or above 1440×900. Go into resource/ui/scoreboard.res and under “scores” lower the name_width value in decrements of 5.

Last edited by feeling,

sλayeR

Quoted from feeling

[…]
Then you have a low resolution? It will work for every resolution equal to or above 1440×900. Go into resource/ui/scoreboard.res and under “scores” lower the name_width value in decrements of 5.

Yeah actually my resolution is 1366 x 768 i lowered the value of the name_width by 5 and it worked danke my dear :)

Sash

PF

Works like a charm. Thank you :)

Clark

SDCK!

That’s weird. I’ve done everything as you said but my game still crashes after the Valve logo passes and the main menu loads.

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Clark

That’s weird. I’ve done everything as you said but my game still crashes after the Valve logo passes and the main menu loads.

Most importantly, delete resource/ui/WaveCompleteSummaryPanel to prevent the startup crash. Delete resource/ui/MvMscoreboard to prevent crashes during MVM.

Can’t help any other way, sorry.

Last edited by feeling,

Thanks for quick update!

Lantak

Thanks for all

nevier

yo blue.
first off, huge thanks for the work you put in. i and the whole broesel fans will appreciate this a lot.
second and thats my only criteria, i dont like the health bar on the lower left.
the reason i loved broesel so much was, that i was able to see my health perfectly and now i kinda have to take 2 looks on how many hp i have.
but beside that, again, huge thanks!

feeling

ist doof

You mean the HP cross? In my opinion it’s the other way around, the filling of the cross lets you know your approximate HP using only peripheral vision. Anyway… some people prefer numerical HP and that’s why there’s this:

Quoted from feeling

Optional instructions:
[…]
* If you want to switch to numerical HP: go into resource/ui/, rename or delete hudplayerhealth and huddamageaccount, then remove _numeric from hudplayerhealth_numeric and huddamageaccount_numeric.

Last edited by feeling,

supra

(Webmaster)
GAETARDS

26 listopada 2013
19:37 - *|Я|B|* supra: hey there
19:39 - who is? feeling: hi
19:37 - *|Я|B|* supra: i've got question to yr mod hud
19:39 - who is? feeling: pls post it in the thread
19:39 - who is? feeling: i will answer
19:38 - *|Я|B|* supra: ok, 'cos that spellbook doesn't work on yr hud
19:40 - who is? feeling: it does
19:41 - who is? feeling: scream fortress is over though
19:39 - *|Я|B|* supra: yeah, but i went to hightower event map and spellbooks was spawning
19:41 - who is? feeling: did you try the same with default hud?
19:42 - who is? feeling: and did you see the spell book there?
19:40 - *|Я|B|* supra: nah, i didn't try
19:42 - who is? feeling: it will be the same
19:40 - *|Я|B|* supra: after halloween i didn't try
19:42 - who is? feeling: because thats not a hud issue
19:42 - who is? feeling: im 95% sure
19:41 - *|Я|B|* supra: ok, i'll check that
19:55 - *|Я|B|* supra: you were right
19:58 - *|Я|B|* supra: okey, i've got one more question
19:58 - *|Я|B|* supra: btw after conversation i'll copy that to etf2l.org, ok?
20:00 - who is? feeling: you can do that if you want sure
20:00 - *|Я|B|* supra: can i replace cross hp from last broeselhud version without bugs?
20:00 - *|Я|B|* supra: 'cos i think that looked better for me
20:02 - who is? feeling: you mean transparent health cross?
20:01 - *|Я|B|* supra: look, your health cross is little bit diffrent from original broeselhud
20:03 - Your state is set to Offline.
20:03 - who is? feeling is now Offline.
20:03 - Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
20:03 - Connected again and rejoined chat.
20:03 - who is? feeling is now Online.
20:05 - who is? feeling: * If your HP cross isn't centered inside the background cross (happens on some resolutions), go into resource/ui/hudplayerhealth and follow the instructions you'll find under PlayerStatusHealthImage and PlayerStatusHealthBonusImage.
20:06 - who is? feeling: maybe its this
20:06 - who is? feeling: idk
20:06 - who is? feeling: post questions in the thread please, add a screenshot if necessary
20:04 - *|Я|B|* supra: okej
20:04 - *|Я|B|* supra: okey*
20:06 - who is? feeling: maybe its this
20:06 - who is? feeling: * If you want to switch to numerical HP: go into resource/ui/, rename or delete hudplayerhealth and huddamageaccount, then remove _numeric from hudplayerhealth_numeric and huddamageaccount_numeric.
20:06 - who is? feeling: idk
20:14 - who is? feeling is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
20:21 - *|Я|B|* supra: next thing is that server time not working

Okey. My server time hud is not working. I wanted to change hud font to BlackChancery, i found all Surface fonts in clientscheme.res
Can someone place that server time and set font BlackChancery on all things?
Thank you.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
My HUD files

feeling

ist doof

Use tf_hud_show_servertimelimit “1” in your config to enable the server map time limit display.

Obviously you messed with the fonts and it broke something. Re-install the HUD to fix it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 9 Next »