Spec GUI
Demo
Spy
Medic1
Medic2

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Why don’t you do outlines manually? (like g-mang)
The outlines for fonts by tf2 look so ugly

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Starkie

Why don’t you do outlines manually? (like g-mang)
The outlines for fonts by tf2 look so ugly

The positioning grid is very low-res, which mean that you can only shift things a set number of lengths, all of which are too long for smaller text. The ammo field also doesn’t allow for enough entries to create a full outline and the alternative, single element shifted backgrounds are not good for legibility. I want to be consistent all across.

The build in outlines are allways 1px wide regardless of resolution and much sleeker. Unfortunately anti-aliasing cause the fading to occur inside the outline, which is the reason I have to do without.

Nevertheless I find they add to the legibility and the jagged edges become negligible as the resolution increases. If you’re running a low resolution (I am) your game probably looks like shit anyway, because of fps configs and what not. Not so much of a problem after all, is it?

Irppa

sirkkels
BauS

will you add little things to this version of the hud? such as class- and teamselection? and a main menu perhaps?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Irppa

will you add little things to this version of the hud? such as class- and teamselection? and a main menu perhaps?

It’s tempting, but I generally choose not to since at this size it practically never breaks and when it does it’s usually an easy fix. Right now it has all the critical functionality and I can turn the HUD completely insideout in a weekend. I’m going to finnish the core files first and then we’ll see. I suppose the next thing would be class selection, team selection, ready up panel, winpanel and main menu. For now, I suggest you use a script for class switching, like so:

bind “del” “join_class random”
bind “downarrow” “join_class demoman”
bind “end” “join_class scout”
bind “home” “join_class pyro”
bind “ins” “join_class spy”
bind “leftarrow” “join_class soldier”
bind “pgdn” “join_class sniper”
bind “pgup” “join_class heavyweapons”
bind “rightarrow” “join_class medic”
bind “uparrow” “join_class engineer”

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from ell

[…]
It’s tempting, but I generally choose not to since at this size it practically never breaks and when it does it’s usually an easy fix. Right now it has all the critical functionality and I can turn the HUD completely insideout in a weekend. I’m going to finnish the core files first and then we’ll see. I suppose the next thing would be class selection, team selection, ready up panel, winpanel and main menu. For now, I suggest you use a script for class switching, like so:

bind “del” “join_class random”
bind “downarrow” “join_class demoman”
bind “end” “join_class scout”
bind “home” “join_class pyro”
bind “ins” “join_class spy”
bind “leftarrow” “join_class soldier”
bind “pgdn” “join_class sniper”
bind “pgup” “join_class heavyweapons”
bind “rightarrow” “join_class medic”
bind “uparrow” “join_class engineer”

should add KP_ to all of those

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Muuki

[…]should add KP_ to all of those

Nope. I’ve used these binds for years, my keyboard doesn’t have a keypad.

vøid

i like to use this hud since this summer, but there is too much hud panel missing from the recents updates that’s pity

Katerfas

FSVL

Quoted from ell

New version in the works:

Scout
Scores
Spec GUI
Demo
Spy
Medic1
Medic2

any dates for release?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Katerfas

[…]

any dates for release?

Not really, The HUD is pretty much done, except for non-vanilla bars and counters, CTF, Payload and PLR. There is also tweaking to be done.

I’m going to go with a free font this time around, but I haven’t found any that I’m completely satisfied with. I’m looking to do my own digits and couple them with Adobe Source Sans Pro or Open Sans for regular text, which may take some time.

If you’re eager to try it out at this stage you can add me / join the group, and I’ll give you a copy.

Irppa

sirkkels
BauS

Can you give me the V4 “beta” files? I’d like to try it out.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Irppa

Can you give me the V4 “beta” files? I’d like to try it out.

Done.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Ell’s HUD Beta 2 Pictures:
Scout 2
Scores & GUI
Digit Font

mantas

2puck

nice

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I’ve uploaded Ell’s HUD V4 Beta 2 to the homepage, some details are still a bit rough, but it shouldn’t cause any major problems in a vanilla setting.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »