Forum

[DISCONTINUED] Link-M0re Square HUD

Created 10th January 2011 @ 03:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »

Orchid

|=3

he is prolly writing a post that is gonna take up like 3 pages of this thread!

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

It’s live. http://code.google.com/p/squarehud/

darkman

starlight

!!!!1st!!!!

Bonkers

OMW AWESOME, downloading now

Scorch

LZ.war

Thank you :)

darkman

starlight

it is good. But for me the size of dmg account numbers is a bit small :(

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from darkman

it is good. But for me the size of dmg account numbers is a bit small :(

I made a file for hykeri with flying-all-around damage numbers in the usual style, but with the Square Hud font. I’ll upload that as an optional patch once I’ve written some instructions on how to apply it.

Bonkers

which scoreboard should i use for 1440×900, also anyway to move the crosshair its not centered

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Bonkers

which scoreboard should i use for 1440×900

That’s a very unfortunate resolution, I chose not to support any resolutions below 960 except 480 since they led to so much glitching and unpropotional scaling. I guess windowed mode isn’t an option, so you could try a high resolution or modify the scoreboard to fit 900 height.

Quoted from Bonkers

anyway to move the crosshair its not centered

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa461/linkred/dead_center.png
That’s as good as it gets. The crosshair is subject to distortion on some resolutions since valve insist on using a 640×480 grid to position hud entities. The higher the resolution, the smaller the error. There are instructions in the manual on how to remove the hud crosshair and move the damange numbers so you can enable the in-game alternative, if that will get you better results. The crosshair is position relative to the center of the screen. That picture is taken at 640×480 resolution and as you can see it aligns perfectly with the in-game cs style crosshair. It’s mathematically correct, it’s just that your screen doesn’t happen to be able to present it very accurately. Fuck these TFTs man, they shouldn’t have be around for another 20 years or so :/.

darkman

starlight

1 more question
Is it really have no info about my kills, deaths, backstabs etc.?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from darkman

1 more question
Is it really have no info about my kills, deaths, backstabs etc.?

I’m afraid not, editing 30 labels and adding 30 different text strings with 90 shadows to 5 scoreboards is really not anything I look forward to. I didn’t want it in in the the first place, since it’s a distraction that limits your vision. It’s not really anything you should be preoccupied with during game imo. There are simply so many other things that would take priority, so I can’t see it happen anytime soon.

hykleri

it doesn’t, and i’ve already talked with link about it. The hud itself tries to be as simple as possible, so link pretty much removed quite a lot of information (The counters at the bottom of the scoreboard, the new record thingies etc.). Actually we are forcing people to use things and get used to things. For exmaple, why do you care about how many backstabs you have? Doesn’t effect the game at all. You shouldn’t care about that. Or like forcing people to use the builtin crosshair and colours.

On the other hand, I personally think we should give the users more space and options. As in that I mean actually including different options in the readme, so people can costumizie the HUD to their own liking a little. You can change things right now aswell, but there aren’t any big help from us yet (like a readme just for these option).

For example I change the crosshairs colour to black and the damage numbers to green. Green is easier to read for me, and black is more natural, as I use white and yellow crosshairs, so if I set it to the right size, it looks like that there is a black border around my crosshair, not a green one. You can make changes like this, if you know what/where to change the values or lines.

Back to the scoreboard, to answer your question normally. Yes it is right, there aren’t any informations at the scoreboard. It is possible that we might add KDA, but i can’t say for a 100% sure, as I haven’t coded anything at all, since I don’t really know how to do that (should start to mess around with it though) so it is pretty much LINK doing all the work.

TL;DR: No, there aren’t any. Might be KDA in the future.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

About customization in general: I have to set a limit somewhere of what changes I want to give step by step instructions of doing. Those are the ones currently found in the manual. If you want to make other changes, I will help you, but you have to learn how things work so you can make them yourself (preferably by reading Flame’s guide to HUDs linked in the manual). It’s not rocket science, but not effortless, especially if you haven’t programmed before. Ideally you come to me not being completely clueless, I give you some some tips, you try it out, get stuck again, get back to me, and we continue like that until it’s working.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

is it just for me or is window-mode ot working proper since i instaleld this hud?

really like ur hud!!!!!!, but like darkmen said iam also waiting for bigger numbers bellow my crosshair or flying around numbers over the enemys when they got hit

revanxp

Tested v1. Probably the best scoreboard and win panels ever seen in a hud.
I like the style. Font is a bit unreadable but i guess you have to play a bit with the hud and get use to it.
Gj

Not sure if it’s hud related but this happened on death:
http://i52.tinypic.com/3531eug.jpg
(never happened before)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »