Forum

[HUD] broeselhud // version 2.9

Created 25th July 2010 @ 20:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 73 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from broesel

more feedback please!

The floating model in the class selection has always bugged me a bit. The whole point of m0re’s hud was to remove any unneccesary visual clutter and have a no nonsense hud. So I kinda expected the same from a continuation of that hud :p

broesel

LAME

Quoted from RaCio

[…]The floating model in the class selection has always bugged me a bit. The whole point of m0re’s hud was to remove any unneccesary visual clutter and have a no nonsense hud. So I kinda expected the same from a continuation of that hud :p

lol no!

that class menu is the only thing in the hud that’s fancy and visual clutter etc and IT’S SO AWESOME <3

but if you want I can tell you how to remove the model.. I'll spam you on irc or w/e

Quoted from Mendietaaaa

really nice hud the only thing i would change is the ubercharge % in the spectator mode, it is difficult to read

thanks, good point

Quoted from RaCio

[…]The floating model in the class selection has always bugged me a bit. The whole point of m0re’s hud was to remove any unneccesary visual clutter and have a no nonsense hud. So I kinda expected the same from a continuation of that hud :p

+1

I mean yeah it looks good, but I’ve worked really hard and managed to memorise what each class looks like now so I dont need the picture anymore :)

broesel

LAME

http://pastebin.com/ne7H6RR3

changes so far

will have a look at the tournament spec %-charge label and the classmenus again, then it should be ready for release!

edit:
tired and pissed off atm – gonna release v1.2 tomorrow

broesel

LAME

VERSION 1.2 IS OUT, GO GET IT!

download: http://code.google.com/p/broeselhud/downloads/detail?name=broeselHUD%20v1.20.zip

this version changes (as previously mentioned) many details, so I definitely need A LOT of feedback on those changes ;)

changelog:

OBJECTIVES:

– made the CP HUD smaller (it’s now ~ as big as the minmode CP HUD from the default HUD)

– made the ctf HUD smaller and colored the scores

– made the PLR carts smaller – now for real ;D (messed it up in the last update)

– added proper support for PL tracks with hills (taller track in the HUD)

– made the round timer smaller – its size is now ~ between the too big old one and m0re’s too small one

HP/DAMAGE/AMMO DISPLAYS:

– m0re’s minmode HP display is now default and the colored one is the option

– damage numbers now are font size 23 (was 26)

– DISABLED (not deleted!) the low-ammo flash
—-(if you really want it back uncomment the lowAmmoPulse section in scripts/HudAnimations_tf.txt)

MENUS:

– removed the floating model from the class menu

– class menu is now more compact

– redesigned the quickswitch menu to fit the general, minimalistic style

– changed the semitransparent backgrounds of the build/destroy menu to make the text better legible

– redesigned the (simple) disguise menu

– fixed the simple disguise menu

SCOREBOARD:

– made the pub scoreboard smaller (vertically)

– rearranged the 6v6 scoreboard to match m0re’s layout

– changed the font of the scoreboard player list to surface

LAYOUT CHANGES:

– increased the gap between the 2 meters when using either Huntsman + Jarate as Sniper or Bonk + Sandman as Scout

SMALLER, OTHER CHANGES / BUGFIXES:

– fixed the KOTH timer

– made the Medic charge in the Tournament Spec HUD better legible

FONT CHANGES:

– changed the koth/arena countdown font to Surface

– changed the default font to surface
—– voicemenus, ammomod arena selection, mapvote menus etc. all appear with surface medium now

dannye

cb.

Quoted from broesel

its size is now ~ between the too big old one and m0re’s too small one

this size is somewhere between bad size & good size.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from dannye

[…]

this size is somewhere between bad size & good size.

with what HUD (m0re’s and mine meant here) being the bad size in your opinion?

Septique

Do you have updated screenshots as well?

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Septique

Do you have updated screenshots as well?

nope, will do that tomorrow

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

nice, I like how the class menu is smaller.

Skyride

DUCS

Loving the new version. :)

Whole thing is just cleaner and the fonts are more crisp.

wic

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/crossfade/chuck_norris_approved.jpg

Daggial

fap

the only problem i always had with m0rehud is that in stopwatch maps like gravelpit, i can’t see the time score to beat on the top of the screen…
is it fixed in this one? if yes i’ll try this too :)

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Quoted from Daggial

the only problem i always had with m0rehud is that in stopwatch maps like gravelpit, i can’t see the time score to beat on the top of the screen…

bind f12 hud_reloadscheme

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Daggial

I already have an idea how to fix this – but until I release 1.3, just use hud_reloadscheme ;)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 73 Next »