Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »

buNN

Quoted from RUJa

[…]
Can anyone tell me?

Hmm, I can see it also.

G-Mang

Just as a heads-up about what’s being changed:

The HUD’s gonna be adopting a new configuration for determining colors in the ClientScheme, the result of which will allow people to quickly and easily disable or recolor certain parts of the HUD by simply adding a new entry to the Overrides section of the ClientScheme.res file. Essentially all places where I’ve personally determined color in the HUD can be readjusted to your liking with simple editing, and to store all such changes between HUD/TF2 updates you just need to keep a back up of your ClientScheme.res file. This includes the ability to disable text outlines/shadows where you don’t like them, change transparencies of plain color areas, and recolor bright text that conflicts with color blindness.

If you like the HUD as it stands, or if Overrides sound too confusing, don’t worry; the HUD’s default appearance shouldn’t change for you at all.

The Grey Health option is also mitigated to an Override instead of being a file swap (unfortunately, the hidden class option couldn’t, so that’s still a file swap).

Because health and ammo are cleared from swap options, I may make a new file swap option to make them spaced further from the center for those who find the HUD too cluttered.

Placement of the Health Bar has also been redone to (hopefully) be more resolution-neutral (I can’t personally test it because the issue was apparently happening at higher resolutions than I can do).

The Targe bar visibility is the result of how Valve placed the progress bar. Instead of targe getting its own separate file, it shares a file with the “# Stickies Placed” file, which means that giving it persistent indicators will never go away (you’ll notice that the sticky launcher’s notches simply overlap the targe ones). The new Override system will allow you to remove the notches and whatnot if you don’t like them. :)

kira!

xen
don\\\'t

Can`t find screenshots :<

Maiqel

I really enjoy this HUD, but I think it takes some (like 10-15) fps on my computer, and makes game slows a bit.

If you can optimalize it, it would be great ; )

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kira!

Can`t find screenshots :<

“NOTE: A NEW VERSION IS ROLLING OUT; THIS PAGE IS IN A STATE OF TRANSITION; PLEASE COME BACK LATER “

G-Mang

New version and new screenshots are up. Biggest change is the addition of the Overrides scheme, which allows for some easy tweaking. Class icon is now hidden by default, and health and ammo have been moved a bit further out by default as well (apparently some resolutions had spacing issues), though this can be undone with a file swap.

Be sure to read the ClientScheme Overrides section if you’re interested in doing things like removing the outline around your HP or changing the color of your damage text: http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/#Settings

Download: http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/downloads/detail?name=gmanghudpublicbeta05.zip

Beta 05 (2010 May 23)
Major, sweeping update; complete replacement of /resource/ and /scripts/ recommended.
* Converted color setup to scheme properties and added overrides (see Settings).
* Mitigated grey/color health bar option to an override instead of a swap (removed extra hudplayerhealth files).
* Added Common overrides for some simple options.
* Set class icon visibility to hidden by default.
* Spaced health and ammo further out (can be set to old default with file swap).
* Made other slight spacing adjustments.
* Changed the method used for player health positioning (hopefully more resolution-neutral).
* Cleaned out hires and lores lines.

Wiiking

like it a lot! but i think it is hard to notice when you are being healed and when you arnt. is it possible to make it flash more somehow when you are buffed?

G-Mang

New update is out.

http://code.google.com/p/gmang-tf2hud/downloads/detail?name=gmanghudpublicbeta06b.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Beta 06 (2010 May 27)
* Corrected issue with TF2 update.
* Revised disguise panel for better placement and usability.

Sneis I’ll make it a bit brighter in the next version.

Wiiking

i actually think it is quite ok now when i got used to it

great work mate =)

dunc

infs
dp.

As of today you officially have a fan in dunc!

I really quite like this HUD :D

ilike2spin

RLM

The hud gets great praise so I installed it and it removed all my binds including mouse 1 as fire. Thanks for the warning.

Actually I’ll leave that so I can read it but my bad, I probably cocked something up, not the hud itself.

Sclampf

installed it too, great work!

slam

MILF

nice try, however this hud won’t be used of competetive players

G-Mang

Sneis, dunc, Sclampf: Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Quoted from ilike2spin

The hud gets great praise so I installed it and it removed all my binds including mouse 1 as fire. Thanks for the warning.

Actually I’ll leave that so I can read it but my bad, I probably cocked something up, not the hud itself.

Erm… well, your binds are located in your cfg folder, and the only folders in my zip file are resource and scripts, so I don’t really know what to tell you. Were you sure to read the instructions? All you needed to do was rename your resource and scripts folders (if they exist) and drag the resource and scripts folders in my zipped tf folder into your tf folder.

Quoted from slam

Well you’re clearly the expert on these things.

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from slam

Two post’s above yours is dunc saying he loves the hud……. Just by that fact alone makes your post both mute and retarded.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »