Forum

TF2 Update - 21st october

Created 22nd October 2008 @ 18:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Akill

hmm, several tiny updates, important ones:

Updated Granary to remove the setup time and gates
Updated r_particle_timescale ConVar so it can only be changed if the server has sv_cheats set to 1
Updated Dustbowl, Granary, and Badwater Basin with several exploit fixes

A few players i know likes chaning the timescale so that various irritating particle effects finish alot sooner than they normally would. Well looks like valve dont want that, this trend is continuing for TF2 in that valve are trying as hard as possible to stop people from customising how they like to play TF2.

AnAkkk

They removed r_particle_timescale, because:
1) You should not be able to remove those effects
2) I’ve read on cadred.org you could use it to see cloaked spies, probably by using a negative value, the smoke effect would stay.

Waebi

‹Con›

“I’ve read on cadred.org you could use it to see cloaked spies, probably by using a negative value, the smoke effect would stay.”

true that… exists as a simple .pcf too :S

Akill

could of just changed it so that servers would reject negative r_particle_timescale values, rather than rejecting ALL non default ones

also anyone using that to make particle effects stay would be fucked when soldiers have had a nice fight over, say, spire on badlands. you wouldnt be able to see shit lol. all to find a spy eh? :P cant see it being much better on public where its just spam

Add A Reply Pages: 1