Forum

[FB] vs eMg ... NA vs Eu - it's here!

Created 10th April 2010 @ 22:24

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »

byte

Here’s my summary of it all.

Both teams were mature enough to not care (within reason) about the ping, the ping difference was not great between to teams they BOTH had to suffer. So lesser bullsh*t.

Secondly i don’t think either team cared, they were just happy to give a spectacle and a intense game, which they definitely did on badlands and 50/50 on granary.

Thirdly, I’m glad that it ended in a draw so no ones “pride” or “patriotism” was belittled or hurt…This game was not to prove if the US TF2 players are better than the EU, it was to show how the US’s strats/gameplay can be played against or used against the EU’s strats/gameplay.

In conclusion? I think its fair to say that over 300/400 spectators out of 1300 admired how mackay/enoryt’s soldier surfing was done. Yes i’m sure in the US we have some “elitists” players who will be saying “but i can even do it better than those two”, that’s not the point. The point is which I made very clearly on the cast, was that in the EU we don’t have soldiers doing this, or we do but no way as concise-quick and brutal like we saw from mackay and enoryt.

I’m sure there will be an increase of requests now in the mentor channel asking for how to rocket surf, to some its a piece of cake to others it’s like huh?

Other than that this game was a great watch and my thanks goes to both teams for participating and agreeing on a neutral server. I’ll look forward hopefully to the next one where i can play vs you guys :D

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

LoopeR

FB

Quoted from Hildreth

One thing I take solace in is watching a Div 1 demo fail jumps that I can do quicker in Div 6.

you make me so hard xxx

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Looper :D

Just don’t understand why you do the jumps with a sticky in the doorway on Badlands rather than a metre in front of the door.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hildreth

Looper :D

Just don’t understand why you do the jumps with a sticky in the doorway on Badlands rather than a metre in front of the door.

Most probably for the same reason everyone else does it that way too.

Whatever that reason may be. I don’t play demo.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

@byte

Don’t forget the fact that you cannot do many of those jumps without gunboats. ( to still be overhealed / full health. ) Ofcourse, US soldiers jump / walljump more, but still.. in this game gunboats owned it.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Most probably for the same reason everyone else does it that way too.

Whatever that reason may be. I don’t play demo.

Nope, most demos I seen do it off the wall in spawn or space out of the door. But I guess the ping must have been a factor, I remember playing a US pug and it wasn’t easy.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hmm.. I didnt see alot of surf jumping / flick jumping ingame though? On badlands its handy, cuz you can be very fast from forward spawn towards spire and on granary, but I think its risky cuz it consumes alot of health. And that is where the gunboots come in, that are banned in comp play here.

l l l

Jumping from the ground is faster for some reasons, but getting to mid slower by a second or two isn’t everything these days, majority of teams just goes vallley everytime really. The only bad part is your scouts might get raped.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from torden

You should try doing jumps @ 150ms before you take too much solace

The ping really isn’t an excuse for failing jumps. I play demo in NA a lot and the only difference is there’s a stutter as you detonate and you are propelled half a second later than you expect. This doesn’t effect your actual movement, just feels like the sticky didn’t detonate but then you move back in time half a second. It’s uncomfortable but really not an excuse for complete failure. Jumps won’t as smooth, but they should still get the job done and then some at that level.

No disrespect to anyone I just says what I sees.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from kaidus

[…]

The ping really isn’t an excuse for failing jumps. I play demo in NA a lot and the only difference is there’s a stutter as you detonate and you are propelled half a second later than you expect. This doesn’t effect your actual movement, just feels like the sticky didn’t detonate but then you move back in time half a second. It’s uncomfortable but really not an excuse for complete failure. Jumps won’t as smooth, but they should still get the job done and then some at that level.

No disrespect to anyone I just says what I sees.

+1

I can do them at 150ms, and I’m shit.

l l l

Big K telling the way it is!

sc0pe

I’m Israeli with bad internet and I’m playing on NiCeY.
I never get lower pings than 130. and I’m rocking.

ambra

playing with gunboats

vac ban please

Dr Icecream

Quoted from sc0pe

I’m Israeli with bad internet and I’m playing on NiCeY.
I never get lower pings than 130. and I’m rocking.

Apart from the nationality, you sound like our demoman :)

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Yeah, more EU soldiers would go super aggro and rocket surf all over if they were allowed Gunboats, they are banned though (for good reason like) so it’s unlikely you’ll see one soldier constantly suicidal on the medic like enoryt and Mackay were.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 Next »