Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Ragard

how to turn off annoying beep? :|

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from octochris

[…]
18:52 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: oh btw
18:52 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: if you get beeps (i haven’t recently, think valve fixed it)
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: type in run
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: “net stop beep”
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: without quotes

Ragard

thank you very much

Edd

T2P

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I’m guessing you’re using the beta UI? This is a complete guess, but maybe the beta UI now depreciates entirely the use of -applaunch.

Try doing it manually then, just create a shortcut with the following target, and what I said above as “start in”:

"C:SLASHProgram FilesSLASHSteamSLASHSteam.exe" -applaunch 440 -textmode -noshaderapi -nosound -nopreload -novid -noipx -nojoy

gonna try that now sec

chodz

Quoted from Edd

[…]

i did as you told randa (made a shortcut of tf2 on desktop and went properties etc) this is all i have http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5691/mehx.jpg

u got same screen when pressing on “General” ?

Edd

T2P

Quoted from chodz

[…]

u got same screen when pressing on “General” ?

its fixed now, i did what chris said

Destrutor

I set this up, but my client disconnects from servers after 5 mins or so

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Destrutor

I set this up, but my client disconnects from servers after 5 mins or so

n0va was getting this, it seems to be that some idle servers don’t like it (no idea why).

Just use 85.236.102.3:27015.

Edd

T2P

Quoted from octochris

[…]

n0va was getting this, it seems to be that some idle servers don’t like it (no idea why).

Just use 85.236.102.3:27015.

nah i got kicked, probs cos they had some idle kick thing, like spec for 5 mins = kick

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from octochris

[…]
18:52 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: oh btw
18:52 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: if you get beeps (i haven’t recently, think valve fixed it)
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: type in run
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: “net stop beep”
18:53 – [FB] Chris the Medical Marvel: without quotes

whats the cause of these beeps? cause if i were to get them i would probably say that it was the bios sending out a temp warning.

Paranoia

.:ne:.

^ It’s when people have odd characters in their name – the text window does not like it.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

whats the cause of these beeps? cause if i were to get them i would probably say that it was the bios sending out a temp warning.

it is caused by characters which are outside the primary ascii set — i’d imagine this is because textmode is used by devs and they flag errors with special characters or something

EDIT: also don’t worry you will still get BIOS beeps after you do “net stop beep” because this only stops the beep driver (although for some reason windows recognises it as a service, which it really isn’t)

if you want to start the beep driver again just do “net start beep” afterward, it will automatically start up when you restart your computer anyway, this just disables it for the session.

Last edited by octochris,

lagi

I love you Chris

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from lagi

I love you Chris

i think you might be the only person that does on the entirety of these forums

randa

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i think you might be the only person that does on the entirety of these forums